Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

and forget a bra of any kind... too much pain to deal with anything snug at all. Free the nipples. Baggy clothes. Make sure your surgeon gives you a compression belt for your belly. I took mine off after 3 days though. Felt better after

Literally nothing. Except maybe an ipad and chapstick.

For most of us it’s literally just overnight and you’ll be butt naked lol, so you won’t need anything really. Your lips will be beyond dry hence the chapstick due to dehydration. And the ipad because you’ll be bored or sleeping or walking off gas pressure. View it as a nap, not packing for a vacation if that makes any sense. Good luck on your surgery- it’s right around the corner!!!

On 6/30/2018 at 9:46 PM, soph504 said:

I know everyone says to bring a sports bra, I guess because that's more comfortable, but pulling a sports bra over your head and shoulders can be like wrestling with an enormous rubber band. Personally, I'm going with an easy front clasp bra :)

I don't plan on wearing a bra while I'm there lol If anyone sees me walking the day of my surgery, I'm apologizing for the view now lol

On 07/20/2018 at 21:45, doingitforme18 said:

I don't plan on wearing a bra while I'm there lol If anyone sees me walking the day of my surgery, I'm apologizing for the view now lol

No lie. I apologized to my roomie and said, “sorry you’ve saw so much of my butt today.”

I just did not have any spoons to give at the moment.

The only stuff I actually used from my bag was biotene spray, deodorant, and toothbrush/paste. And I ended up wearing a front clasp wireless bra home instead of a sports bra- cause yeah, it was easier.

My surgery is 7/30 too! Hi surgery twin! I’ve also been thinking about what I want to pack, thanks for posting!

Hi guys!

My surgery is this Monday, July 23rd. I am a wreck waiting!! Just 2 days left.

I plan on taking a shirt and some shorts that stretch so it won't affect my stomach, basic toiletries, flip flops of course, headphones, an extension cord to plug my phone in. I have sleep apnea, so my CPAP machine is coming too!! Not sure if I will need it.

Much luck to everyone's upcoming transformation!

Sounds l8je a good amount of stuff to me. May you have a wonderfully smooth surgery! Post us when it's done so we can Celebrate with you!😛

A few things on my list besides the basics include: extension cord, heating pad, crocks and my WLS binder

And slowly I am filling mine up with all these suggestions. Bet I won't use it all but I want to be prepared. And if it gets too heavy, Tomkitten can carry it in for me.Says Remember I'll be there waiting for Dr Needleman's good news that day.!

My surgery day is also July 30 Thanks for the packing tips. How did you manage the nervousness? I know this is best for me but I’m getting more frightened by the day of the pain post op. I already take prescription painkillers for a couple of chronic illnesses so I’m worried already. I’m a coward

At the hospital as I type, Just stayed overnight and I completely over pack. Much easier to wear the hospital, they gave me goodie bag with toothpaste, toothbrush lotion. Do recommend perfume, deodorant, hair tie, chapstick, hairbrush, little makeup if you want ( I did not want scare anyone when I leave). Then just light comfortable clothes to leave in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats newmeinfla!

I overpacked. I barely used anything I brought and I was kept an extra day. It was nice having my own jammies but I couldn’t put them in until the 2 nd day. I used deodorant, dry Shampoo, tissues, my long charging wire wasn’t enough so packed a battery cell which I used. Slippers. The rest stayed in the bag

Let me See---Have we developed a New Mantra?
"Bariatric Surgery is more like a nap than a vacation or cruise. Pack Lightly!"