Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trying to find love while on weight loss journey

*Posted this in a different forum before I saw this one, oops*

Hey everyone! Hope you guys are all doing well with your weight loss journeys! So I began mine this February to get the sleeve, July will be the last of 6 months of doctor visits- per insurance, then I’ll FINALLY be able to schedule surgery. I CAN’T WAIT! I’m also turning 29 this October and have decided that I would like to put myself back on the dating market after taking a break from all that. I’m obviously going to be meeting guys that are going to be attracted to the way I look now, but what happens when my look changes?

My question is, how do you guys approach telling someone about your surgery? Do I tell everyone I go on more than 1 date with? Do I wait until after surgery to tell someone? If I’m just casually seeing someone around the time I’m scheduled for surgery should I end it and resume afterwards?

Dating already sucks so much for everyone, but I feel like this is just an added layer of awkwardness. Are there any other young adults currently on the dating market who are either pre or post op? How did you/are you handling the whole surgery topic?

-Awkward AF from Michigan 🙋🏻‍♀️-

Girl... when your look changes it changed. If the guy is with you he should be cool what whatever you look like. He should love you for you not for what you look like. I think that telling someone that you aren’t completely sure of is not the move. If I’m telling someone about my surgery I’m going to at least make sure they actually mean something to me. I wouldn’t tell anyone on a first or second date. There’s so many other topics to explore on those dates. Girllll you better stop it. How would that look to end a a relationship just to have surgery and then try to pick it back up. No girl. What if he moves on? If you’re still with him after a few good healthy weeks of dating and you feel like you can be vulnerable around him without judgement then tell him. Hopefully he will be supportive and at that point in your relationship he should only want the best for you.

As for me in pre-op and I’m single. If meet someone I don’t plan on sharing what I’m doing immediately. I don’t know that I can trust the person. I just take it one day at a time and go with the flow. Don’t over think it. And don’t think it’s awkward because if you think this was it reallllllly becomes awkward. You’re a normal person who is just living a normal life. Things happen, events happen, life changes, nothings wrong with that. So If I’m seeing someone before I get surgery I’ll see how comfortable I feel with that person and if he has in fact earned my trust. I’ll tell him. Girl.. don’t over think this. Just chill. 😉

I’m also not re reading what I wrote. Sorry if there are mistakes.

Girl... when your look changes it changed. If the guy is with you he should be cool what whatever you look like. He should love you for you not for what you look like. I think that telling someone that you aren’t completely sure of is not the move. If I’m telling someone about my surgery I’m going to at least make sure they actually mean something to me. I wouldn’t tell anyone on a first or second date. There’s so many other topics to explore on those dates. Girllll you better stop it. How would that look to end a a relationship just to have surgery and then try to pick it back up. No girl. What if he moves on? If you’re still with him after a few good healthy weeks of dating and you feel like you can be vulnerable around him without judgement then tell him. Hopefully he will be supportive and at that point in your relationship he should only want the best for you.
As for me in pre-op and I’m single. If meet someone I don’t plan on sharing what I’m doing immediately. I don’t know that I can trust the person. I just take it one day at a time and go with the flow. Don’t over think it. And don’t think it’s awkward because if you think this was it reallllllly becomes awkward. You’re a normal person who is just living a normal life. Things happen, events happen, life changes, nothings wrong with that. So If I’m seeing someone before I get surgery I’ll see how comfortable I feel with that person and if he has in fact earned my trust. I’ll tell him. Girl.. don’t over think this. Just chill. [emoji6]
I’m also not re reading what I wrote. Sorry if there are mistakes.
Your right, can't tell everyone everything, even friends and family, at least until u feel they earn your trust

Sent from my SM-N950F using BariatricPal mobile app

And how is the Journey to Live doing? Any happy updates as yet? Remember to be true to you, you have undertaken a trek few start at let alone finish, you are a fine good-looking lady ,so don't settle for pond scum,or bottom feeders,in the search, you deserve the best so never settle for less!