Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

On 08/09/2018 at 22:30, Chrisb428 said:

@ALFxRNY Im glad to hear you feel so well! Moving in the right direction, thats what matters!

It’s amazing how great I feel! My knees no longer hurt. I’m not out of breath, tired, or achy after walking. I feel like a new person honestly!

And now you do have your 💩together! Sorry Charob I just could not resist the pun!👍

On 08/09/2018 at 22:20, ALFxRNY said:

6 weeks post-op today!

I can’t believe how quickly 6 weeks went by. I cannot say that I’m truly happy with my progress. Due to hormones, stress, and everything else my body is just fighting me and not losing at all. If it weren’t for how great I feel, I’d probably have all of the regrets. I do notice slight changes in my body. Everything is looser, my boobs and thighs are shrinking, my tummy is super jiggly (but not smaller). All I can do is keep on pushing through this stall and hoping for the best!
How much have you lost so far?

On 08/10/2018 at 00:16, KRush88 said:

How much have you lost so far?
Including my 2 week liquid diet, 35lbs

On 08/10/2018 at 01:17, ALFxRNY said:

Including my 2 week liquid diet, 35lbs
That's not to bad. Don't worry you are losing at your pace.

You guys - 4 days until I join you!!!!

On 08/10/2018 at 14:16, Ylime said:

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

I’m supposed to be on pureed foods but I’ve realized that I can’t handle it yet. So instead I bought a lot of juices and I’m happy with them. Im starting to honestly feel like I won’t ever be able to move on from liquids. Is this normal? Im about to complete three weeks post op tmw and enter my fourth.

08/10/2018 01:24 PM, PurplePassages said:

I’m supposed to be on pureed foods but I’ve realized that I can’t handle it yet. So instead I bought a lot of juices and I’m happy with them. Im starting to honestly feel like I won’t ever be able to move on from liquids. Is this normal? Im about to complete three weeks post op tmw and enter my fourth.
Totally connect with how you’re feeling, though I still have another week and a half of liquids left. I went nuts with sampler packs of Protein flavors, Soups, and the skinny mixes zero calorie flavors so I have tons of variety and interesting things to drink. I figure that eventually we’ll get there but it’s okay if it takes me/us longer than planned! I love millie’s sipping broths, just tried the spicy tortilla! Yum!

image-0.00309944152832031.jpg

On 08/10/2018 at 21:31, AELdoesRNY said:

Totally connect with how you’re feeling, though I still have another week and a half of liquids left. I went nuts with sampler packs and the skinny mixes zero calorie flavors so I have tons of variety and interesting things to drink. I figure that eventually we’ll get there but it’s okay if it takes me/us longer than planned! I love millie’s sipping broths, tried the spicy tortilla! Yum!

image-0.00309944152832031.jpg

It makes me feel much better to know I’m not alone. I’m happy I’ve found a lot of juices that make me happy. They’re all fresh too so they taste super good. Thanks for the empathy! <3

40 minutes ago, Ylime said:

Yay. Me too. Wow its finally happening!!!!! Are you all ready now?

16 hours ago, charob said:

After a week with no BM my dr advised I take Dulcolax one time and then Miralax every other day. This worked for me.

Have you bought and tried Smooth Move Tea. Your make a hot tea. Steep it for a longer time. Its at Walmart with the other teas. Take in the evening. Its herbal

Congratulations guys on your upcoming surgery!! I start soft foods on Monday. I thought I would give it an early try and had some chili from Wendy's. I pureed it and my stomach has accepted it with ease. I am tired of liquids!