Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

20 minutes ago, JulesUp said:

Finally home after three nights in the hospital due to abnormal hear beats the evening after surgery. Not taking pain medicine today. I feel great except for the soreness around the incisions. I also got staples instead of glue and steri-strips because I am allergic to the tape if it stays there a long time. No need to worry about taking shower and changing dressings with staples and no drains. The only negative is the 14 pound Water weight gain from the the IV pump. Hopefully, I will loose it in the next few days. Did anyone have a drastic Water weight gain after surgery?

Now drinking my Premier Protein shake even though it takes me about 2 hours to swallow all of it. It's hard to believe that I can't consume much without it hurting so much. The only thing I am not looking forward to this evening is the Lovanox syringes to prevent blood clots. I am a bit apprehensive to do the shots myself and hubby is not crazy about the idea either. Well...off to do more walking.

Glad you’re home. No,I hate giving myself the shots also but we certainly don’t want the alternative. Best of luck for a speedy recovery.

On 07/15/2018 at 16:04, Chrisb428 said:

Im glad you arent in much pain anymore. Ill keep my fingers crossed that your stall ends and it starts melting off. Dont get discouraged, im sure it wont last long!

Thank you! And I’m definitely trying not to get discouraged. Just continuing to do everything I’m supposed to do and hoping for the best

Surgery date 8-22. So relieved to have THE DATE. Even though it’s a ways off, I’m better knowing I have it scheduled. Really appreciate all your posts, I’m learning a lot and am looking forward to more🙂best wishes to all😀.

16 minutes ago, piacovetto@gmail.com said:

Surgery date 8-22. So relieved to have THE DATE. Even though it’s a ways off, I’m better knowing I have it scheduled. Really appreciate all your posts, I’m learning a lot and am looking forward to more🙂best wishes to all😀.

Congrats on your date, I want one!!!

1st post here on the post op summer buddies thread. I posted late on the pre op thread. I had my surgery on the 12th last week so I'm going into my 4th day post. Everything went pretty well. Gas pains were the worst but as the days go by that is getting better as well. Doing a week of Clear Liquids which is not bad but can't seem to fit it all in so I just do my best. I started a thread in the general discussion area so I won't go into all the detail here. Just wanted to say hello and look forward to meeting many of you.

Good Luck Everyone!!!!

2 hours ago, piacovetto@gmail.com said:

It gets easier once you can plan and have a finish line in mind. Although, it’s not the finish line at all. Just the beginning. :)

Hey @Lioness815 How are you doing? I read some of your posts on the pre op buddies thread. Hope all is going well.

6 minutes ago, J San said:

Hey @Lioness815 How are you doing? I read some of your posts on the pre op buddies thread. Hope all is going well.

Hey. I’m doing great actually. Off pain meds and just getting use to eating post-op. Taking it slow when bending and getting up but otherwise I’m good. How are you doing, @J San?

I had my rny surgery on June 12. Post op has been hard.

6 hours ago, Lioness815 said:

How are you doing, @J San?

Great to hear!! Doing pretty well also. Closest to eating for me is sloshing SF Jello through my teeth to get it to liquid form. On all clear liquids... so Water, clear Protein Drinks, broth, SF IcePops and SF Jello. Strangely not hungry at all yet and havn't had a meal since Wed morning. Don't need the pain meds, everything is tolerable but did take it twice yesterday to take the edge off a little from my back and sciatica pain. Getting around is slow going as the stretching from one position to the next pulls a bit. But otherwise can't complain. Good luck!!!

@Preyes Sorry to hear your having a hard time. Hopefully nothing serious. Take it slow and like everyone always says walk as often as you can to release that gas. Best of luck to you!!!

5 hours ago, Preyes said:

I had my rny surgery on June 12. Post op has been hard.

What’s going on? Anything we can do to help?

Are you able to drink shakes yet?