Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

I had by bypass August 6, 2018 and have been doing great. I am starting to volunteer at the zoo were I live and I have so much more energy. I can actually put my shoes and socks on without almost passing out. I have wanted to be able to sit with my legs crossed for about 25 years and now I sit with them crossed all the time. I wish I could get to the gym more though to firm up all the saggy spots. I had my official 6 month follow up on Valentines day and was so happy with my progress. I am wishing good luck to everyone

Pre surgery stats
Weight 231
BMI 40.6
Chest 45"
Waist 43.5"
Hips 47.5"
Clothes sizes
Pants 22
Shirts 2x

6 Month Stats
Weight 155
BMI 28
Chest 41.5"
Waist 37.5"
Hips 41"
Clothes sizes
Pants 10 Slim
Shirts Medium

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 02/23/2019 at 09:42, Megan Sadler said:

I’m going to brave the thrift shops in salt lake today and then go to chipotle for a burrito bowl with no rice and added guacamole 😍😍 of which I’ll eat maybe 1/3 lol
Did you find anything?

I have so much more energy since the surgery back in August. It sounds like most everyone else is feeling similarly since theirs, its so exciting!

What sort of things are you all doing with the new energy, favorite exorcises, projects?

I've been trying to keep my exorcise routine varied and would love to hear what everyone else is doing!

I wanted so share some photos. The one with me and my cousin was actually a while ago but I was the same weight before my surgery. Started at 252 and am down to 168. I’ve come a long way. Anyways I posted the first picture on my Facebook from since my surgery. I’m in a medium shirt!! Omg!! The skinny girl on the left is my cousin. Love her so much 😂 :)

image-0.0019073486328125.jpg

On 03/18/2019 at 08:08, Megan Sadler said:

I wanted so share some photos. The one with me and my cousin was actually a while ago but I was the same weight before my surgery. Started at 252 and am down to 168. I’ve come a long way. Anyways I posted the first picture on my Facebook from since my surgery. I’m in a medium shirt!! Omg!! The skinny girl on the left is my cousin. Love her so much 😂 :)

Congrats! You look great!

How is everyone?? I’m alive. For now. Been struggling with some medical conditions lately (was just diagnosed with Hashimotos), still dealing with problems that come from starvation (can’t afford food or meds or anything....) Thought I’d share my Breakfast with y’all. It’s a banana with a little Peanut Butter, a small amount of honey, and some chia seeds sprinkles on top. Not much, but it’s something.

I quit my job due to my unexpected illness, and am now moving cross country. I posted my resume online and have gotten one phone call so far for an interview. Hoping that I can survive long enough to get a decent paying job. (Moving up in the world!)

image-0.0230073928833008.jpg

On 04/11/2019 at 08:18, Megan Sadler said:

How is everyone?? I’m alive. For now. Been struggling with some medical conditions lately (was just diagnosed with Hashimotos), still dealing with problems that come from starvation (can’t afford food or meds or anything....) Thought I’d share my Breakfast with y’all. It’s a banana with a little Peanut Butter, a small amount of honey, and some chia seeds sprinkles on top. Not much, but it’s something.

I quit my job due to my unexpected illness, and am now moving cross country. I posted my resume online and have gotten one phone call so far for an interview. Hoping that I can survive long enough to get a decent paying job. (Moving up in the world!)

image-0.0230073928833008.jpg

Wow, that is a lot to unload. Sorry about the Hashimoto’s and having a difficult time. Figuring out food/protein is definitely a difficult task. Praying things get way better for you. Still alive over here but struggling to lose the last few pounds to get out of the 200s. Pretty much I’ve just been trying to find a new place but also doing some freelance work in the meantime for others. So not much going on on my end.

On 04/11/2019 at 06:54, ALFxRNY said:

Wow, that is a lot to unload. Sorry about the Hashimoto’s and having a difficult time. Figuring out food/protein is definitely a difficult task. Praying things get way better for you. Still alive over here but struggling to lose the last few pounds to get out of the 200s. Pretty much I’ve just been trying to find a new place but also doing some freelance work in the meantime for others. So not much going on on my end.
I’ll be okay. I’m stuck in the 170s I’ve bounced into the 160s but then my weight shoots back up the extra 2 lbs and is refusing to go down. This has happened at the 220s, 210s 200s and 190s I seemed to slide right through the 180s though. I’m hoping that this slump will pass soon and I’ll be down into the 150s soon. 147 is considered a healthy weight for me so I’m not too far from that. My goal would be the 120s but until i get the excess skin removed I don’t know if that’s possible.

On 04/11/2019 at 18:53, chuckwalsh said:

Haha at first I thought that was a picture of two islands :-)

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Lol banana islands 😂😂😂. My 3 year old son calls them banana Cookies

dinner tonight: chickpea penne (yummy!), a homemade Tomato sauce that has no sugar added to it. And chicken breast breaded in seasoned coconut flour, pan fried in coconut oil before finished being baked in the oven. Then being topped with the Tomato sauce and mozzarella. :) leftovers will be lunch tomorrow.

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

dinner tonight: chickpea penne (yummy!), a homemade Tomato sauce that has no sugar added to it. And chicken breast breaded in seasoned coconut flour, pan fried in coconut oil before finished being baked in the oven. Then being topped with the Tomato sauce and mozzarella. :) leftovers will be lunch tomorrow.image-0.00405311584472656.thumb.jpg.1eae094927139ab320027b15bf7b2daa.jpg
Which brand of the Pasta?

Banza I think

I didn’t really notice too much Hair loss after my sleeve in July, but I must have lost some because I now have this halo of short curly hairs regrowing all around my face! Very strange looking. 😆