Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

43 minutes ago, saygrace said:

i’m having such a hard time reaching my Protein goal... any tips would be appreciated!!

Me too. My NUT suggests adding unflavored Protein to some foods. The unflavored protein I bought is really no added flavors and it is not tasty. Hope you're able to get all of yours in soon.

12 minutes ago, ChellNC said:

Me too. My NUT suggests adding unflavored Protein to some foods. The unflavored Protein I bought is really no added flavors and it is not tasty. Hope you're able to get all of yours in soon.

genpro has 30g per small scoop 😃

3 hours ago, Chrisb428 said:

@ChellNC I am 2 weeks also and have the same thing only upper right. Feels like the very beginning of a gall bladder attack but doesnt get any worse.

Def contact doc hon. We are post surgery and must take any and all abdominal pain seriously. I had another visit to the ER over the weekend. Lower abdominal pain. I tried to tough it but doc said to go in and exclude internal bleeding etc. like I suspected, it Wounded up being a ruptured ovarian cyst, but I had peace of mind knowing exactly where the pain was coming from

7 hours ago, Chrisb428 said:

Had my 2 wk post op visit. Down 24 lbs! Wooo hoo!

Omg!! Congratulations that is AWESOME!!! So happy for you!! I am 2 days shy of 3 weeks and only 9.5lb down since surgery, still on Clear Liquids and 12-20k steps a day. But alas, such is my journey and I have to accept the rate at which my body is giving up the fat.

On 9/9/2018 at 2:28 PM, Megan Sadler said:

Ugh so I ate too fast which caused me t throw up and end up tired. Imthis realky is a hard change

How are you feeling dear? Pray tell what food caused this fullness in your belly?

@ellie123 I was at my 2 wk check up today and since I dont actually have a gall bladder anymore he didnt seem concerned. My 24 lb loss counts the 11 I had to lose after gaining it in the hospital. So I'm down 13 from my surgery weight.

@ellie123 I hit enter too soon...lol I am sorry to hear about your week end and hope u feel better!

On 09/10/2018 at 21:41, ellie123 said:

Def contact doc hon. We are post surgery and must take any and all abdominal pain seriously. I had another visit to the ER over the weekend. Lower abdominal pain. I tried to tough it but doc said to go in and exclude internal bleeding etc. like I suspected, it Wounded up being a ruptured ovarian cyst, but I had peace of mind knowing exactly where the pain was coming from

Ughhh the worst pain I have ever experienced were rupturing ovarian cysts! Seriously, the two or three times it has happened, I have been thisclose to going to an ER! It was so painful it took my breath away and left me doubled over for a good 20 minutes.

Totally sympathizing with you right now!

2 hours ago, Chrisb428 said:

@ellie123 I was at my 2 wk check up today and since I dont actually have a gall bladder anymore he didnt seem concerned. My 24 lb loss counts the 11 I had to lose after gaining it in the hospital. So I'm down 13 from my surgery weight.

Still awesome. I too gained 9lb post surgery grrr. And also spent 3 days on IV when I got a bowl obstruction right after week 2. But without that I’m st 9.5lb lower than surgery day weight at 3weeks-2days. Better than gaining though :))

37 minutes ago, insta_adventurer said:

Ughhh the worst pain I have ever experienced were rupturing ovarian cysts! Seriously, the two or three times it has happened, I have been thisclose to going to an ER! It was so painful it took my breath away and left me doubled over for a good 20 minutes.

Thank you so much 💕. Ugh the things we go through as women....

15 hours ago, insta_adventurer said:

Thank you so much 💕. Ugh the things we go through as women....

I am 20 days post op. I woke up tight. I had my 8oz Water, walked 10,000 steps (in the rain with an umbrella), got back, had some Vitamins water with my daily Calcium chew. Right after calcium chew my stomach knotted up. Pain, nausea, and I just vomited all my hydration!!! Anyone else experiencing this? Any thoughts on why??

im supposed to move to Full liquids tomorrow and quite frankly, I’m scared to progress!

Probably drank it too fast. That’s what happens to me. I feel tight when I’m not getting enough Water. I also wake up with my stomach feeling tight if I don’t drink enough. I can get in about 8 oz an hour most days. I need to get a step counter but I’m waiting on the exercise and just trying to go outside of the house at least 1x a day to get some walking in.

your phone should have a step counter or you can get an app for it! :)

The phone ones are super unreliable if I move my phone while in my bed it thinks I’m walking. I found one that I like but have to purchase it again.