Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

On 09/07/2018 at 09:34, Frustr8 said:

it's me Frustr8, getting . ready to to go home. Bag of sodium,solution going into, my iv, once it gets done I'm history here. No more than cat scratches. Amazing to me too. write more later.
So excited to hear you are finally on the other side of surgery!!

On 09/07/2018 at 12:34, Frustr8 said:

it's me Frustr8, getting . ready to to go home. Bag of sodium,solution going into, my iv, once it gets done I'm history here. No more than cat scratches. Amazing to me too. write more later.
Glad everything went great ❤️❤️

Still waiting to loose weight... lol like😭😭😭 what am I doing wrongggg. Gained a pound again and im so lost as to whats going on its 6 weeks out and im only down 28 pounds :(

11 minutes ago, mercmerc said:

Still waiting to loose weight... lol like😭😭😭 what am I doing wrongggg. Gained a pound again and im so lost as to whats going on its 6 weeks out and im only down 28 pounds :(

Is that 28 since surgery?

On 09/07/2018 at 12:58, mercmerc said:

I’m stalled right now too but I’m two weeks out. Have you been exercising? Walking? Drinking enough?

Just now, ellie123 said:

Is that 28 since surgery?

Because that over 4.5lb each week!! I mean think before surgery, could you have ever come close to that on your own? And I know there are stalls in there, but you really need to average it out like that as your body compacts on some weeks.

13 minutes ago, mercmerc said:

That's just under 5#'s per week. That's pretty phenomenal! You're doing great! Don't give up now.

On 09/07/2018 at 09:58, mercmerc said:

Stalls are discouraging, but it sounds like you’re actually doing really well. I think we all think the weight will fall off like Water after having SURGERY, but it doesn’t... I’d say you’re ahead of the curve on weight loss. Be patient with yourself, and stop weighing yourself. Check back in with the scale in 2 weeks (😲 I know....)

On 09/07/2018 at 13:12, msauerbrei said:

I’m stalled right now too but I’m two weeks out. Have you been exercising? Walking? Drinking enough?
Yeep I go to the gym and drink so much Water

On 09/07/2018 at 13:12, ellie123 said:

Because that over 4.5lb each week!! I mean think before surgery, could you have ever come close to that on your own? And I know there are stalls in there, but you really need to average it out like that as your body compacts on some weeks.

Yeah since surgery and still thats so little. Thooo i should be loosing more and faster

On 09/07/2018 at 13:13, MargoCL said:

That's just under 5#'s per week. That's pretty phenomenal! You're doing great! Don't give up now.

Thank you! But its still discouraging

On 09/07/2018 at 13:16, baribetty said:

Stalls are discouraging, but it sounds like you’re actually doing really well. I think we all think the weight will fall off like Water after having SURGERY, but it doesn’t... I’d say you’re ahead of the curve on weight loss. Be patient with yourself, and stop weighing yourself. Check back in with the scale in 2 weeks (😲 I know....)
:( super hard to not see the scale move , and be discouraged just hope that in a month or so Im a bit less than now and not hovering over the same weight

@mercmerc , I feel your pain !! I dropped 25 pounds in the first 3 weeks and I’m going on 7 weeks and haven’t lost a thing !!! So frustrated !