Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

8 weeks out today and I have the same issue with boiled eggs. I had one for Breakfast today. I feel like it's the whites. Seem to land in the belly like a full size wet towel.

Im waiting for my husband to get home before making my tuna for lunch. I have my son on my lap atm

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

27 minutes ago, Megan Sadler said:

Im waiting for my husband to get home before making my tuna for lunch. I have my son on my lap atm

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

Lovely pic and your face looks skinny!

Thank you! I noticed that too lol that’s new since surgery :)

Welcom @lynn cannon and congrats

Weighed 274 when starting two week preop liquids. Sleeved 8-22-18, weighed 251.3 on op day and yesterday weighed 241.8, YAY!! Saw the surgeon and dietitian today and received a good report from both. Have been able to stop 4 medications for diabetes (3) and elevated cholesterol (1). I get to start having some stage 3 soft foods. Im really grateful for this progress and for all the sharing that takes place here! You go girl and guys!! Keep up the good work!

Anybody know if Miralax is ok for sleevers? Got a little constipated...

28 minutes ago, piacovetto@gmail.com said:

Weighed 274 when starting two week preop liquids. Sleeved 8-22-18, weighed 251.3 on op day and yesterday weighed 241.8, YAY!! Saw the surgeon and dietitian today and received a good report from both. Have been able to stop 4 medications for diabetes (3) and elevated cholesterol (1). I get to start having some stage 3 soft foods. Im really grateful for this progress and for all the sharing that takes place here! You go girl and guys!! Keep up the good work!

My surgeon approved both Miralax and Milk of Magnesia if you need something a little stronger. She told me this during my 1st week after I was sleeved.

So excited for you photo girl. I had my surgery two days after you! Took new pics today. I took pics pre post diet so now down 25 lbs and it shows. How much time have people taken off work? I am so tired, maybe because I’m an old fart (59). I was at the doc today for my stitches out and all looks good. Just have a lump under the one incision - I forget what he called it but he wasn’t worried. He recommended another week off.......

Lynn

weighed in today at 299.2!!!! started this journey when i reached 354, surgery i weighed 328 and i’m 6 weeks out!!
Congratulations! Big milestone! Good for you!

Awesome!

So excited for you photo girl. I had my surgery two days after you! Took new pics today. I took pics pre post diet so now down 25 lbs and it shows. How much time have people taken off work? I am so tired, maybe because I’m an old fart (59). I was at the doc today for my stitches out and all looks good. Just have a lump under the one incision - I forget what he called it but he wasn’t worried. He recommended another week off.......
Lynn
I was sleeved 8/15. Planned two weeks off but ran into some recovery issues at week 1 so we extended my leave another week. I too have been so tired when I exert myself even a bit (e.g. washing hair in shower, doing dishes,.. ). I'm told it's because I'm still not getting in all my Protein and Water. Today was my first day back to work. I was so nervous but I survived! Fortunately I have a desk job so I didn't have to exert myself to much. I think the routine of being back at work was actually good for me.

1 hour ago, Lynn Cannon said:

Lynn

My gastric bypass was the same day as your surgery. Today was my first day back to work and I only lasted 4 hours. Tomorrow I'm shooting for 5-6 hours. This morning by the time I showered, got dressed and got inside my car I was already exhausted. It will take some time before we feel normal again.

My doctor threatened to keep me out of work another week if I didn't do better at getting all my Protein in. Boy is it hard but I'm trying.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

1 hour ago, Lynn Cannon said:

Lynn

I am kicking myself for not getting a straight on pre surgery picture! What was I thinking! LOL

I don't work so I can't answer that question but I totally relate to being so tired. I've been trying to exercise and I can't get very much done. I had seroma under my incision and my doctor ended up having to reopen the scar so it could drain which it did for almost another week.

Congrats on your weight loss! I'm down 21 from my surgery weight and I had lost 7 with pre op. I'm excited to get to the 30 lb mark.