Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

The same pic on here

So sorry Megan!! I’ve had some sugar free Jello and tolerated it well. Guess it just depends on the person.

Mel I’m only 2 wks. post op so can’t say I’ve had that happen yet.

No problem with Water, has to have ice though.

So sorry for saygrace😟😧.

Going for my first post op tomorrow...hopefully will be able to have some more foods.

Blessings to all🙏🏻🎚😇

So sorry Megan!! I’ve had some sugar free Jello and tolerated it well. Guess it just depends on the person.

Mel I’m only 2 wks. post op so can’t say I’ve had that happen yet.

No problem with Water, has to have ice though.

So sorry for saygrace😟😧.

Going for my first post op tomorrow...hopefully will be able to have some more foods.

Blessings to all🙏🏻🎚😇

I don’t know. My surgeon said a lot here won’t take patients who went to Mexico. Contact your surgeon and ask what his other patients do.

1 hour ago, Megan Sadler said:

Cheesy Keto Garlic bread - using mozzarella dough
The BEST recipe for cheesy keto garlic bread - using mozzarella dough. At only 1.5g net carbs per slice, this is an absolute keeper for your low-carb recipe folder.

Course Bread, dinner, Side Dish
Cuisine Gluten Free, Grain free, Keto, LCHF, Low Carb, No Sugars, Wheat Free
Keyword Keto garlic bread
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings slices
Calories 117.4 kcal
Ingredients
170 g pre shredded/grated cheese mozzarella
85 g almond meal/flour *see recipe notes below
2 tbsp cream cheese full fat
1 tbsp garlic crushed
1 tbsp parsley fresh or dried
1 tsp baking powder
pinch salt to taste
1 egg medium

Instructions
Place all the ingredients apart from the egg, in a microwaveable bowl. Stir gently to mix together. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
Stir then microwave on HIGH for a further 30 seconds.
Add the egg then mix gently to make a cheesy dough.
Place on a baking tray and form into a garlic bread shape. Cut slices into the low-carb garlic bread.
Optional: Mix 2 tbsp melted butter, 1 tsp parsley and 1 tsp garlic. Brush over the top of the low-carb garlic bread, sprinkle with more cheese.
Bake at 220C/425F for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Recipe Notes
UPDATE: Nutrition values are for EACH slice. Garlic bread dough makes 10 slices.

Mozzarella dough can also be made by replacing the almond meal/flour with 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) coconut flour.

Nutrition Facts
Cheesy Keto Garlic Bread - using mozzarella dough
Amount Per Serving (1 slice (makes 10))
Calories 117.4 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9.8g 15%
Total Carbohydrates 2.4g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4%
Sugars 0.6g
Protein 6.2g 12%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Mercy!!! Hold up while I wipe the drool off my face!!!!

I found low carb-no sugar coconut chocolate bars. But I’m going to hold onto that one 😂 I’m a total foodie and if I had the energy omg this would be better. Tomorrow the church is bringing us food so I stashed a small amount of tonight’s dinner for tomorrow. On saturday when I cook again I’m making a whole 30 chicken tortilla(less) Soup 🍲 that tastes amazing with avocado slices on top. 😍😍😍

16 minutes ago, ellie123 said:

Mercy!!! Hold up while I wipe the drool off my face!!!!

I can't wait to try this!

Have you found any good low carb recipes that don't contain eggs? That's a little difficult for many of the replacement foods.

I had a boiled egg this morning. Could only eat 3/4ths of it. I think tomorrow I’m going to do scrambled, it just wasn’t moist enough. I’ll be having tuna for lunch today. I’m full right now though so that’s good. But after waiting my 30 minutes drinking didn’t seem to happen to easily. Ugh.

2 minutes ago, Megan Sadler said:

I had a boiled egg this morning. Could only eat 3/4ths of it. I think tomorrow I’m going to do scrambled, it just wasn’t moist enough. I’ll be having tuna for lunch today. I’m full right now though so that’s good. But after waiting my 30 minutes drinking didn’t seem to happen to easily. Ugh.

Yeah, I still find it hard to wait 30 min to drink as well as not drinking when I eat! We had spicy chicken sausage cooked with sauteed cabbage last week and that was so tough not to drink while I ate!

2 minutes ago, Megan Sadler said:

Glad you are not stuck though. Just wondering if this is the first time you feel full since surgery and how that feels like?? I can’t feel full on fluids and wonder if I’ll ever fell full and satisfied again :(

Like I just don’t want to eat anymore. I feel like if I were to eat more I’d be stuffed. My doc said no drinking 30 minutes before, eat slow for 20 minutes and no drinking 30 minutes after. So I set a timer for each. I was satisfied last night with my 1/4 cup Soup. I think moist food seems to go down a little better. I used to love boiled eggs in the morning. Maybe it’s just too early for that. But scrambling 1 egg with butter and adding cheese will help. I think. And I’ll have lunch at 12/1ish .