Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

On 07/30/2018 at 03:00, ALFxRNY said:

I have no idea, it never works for me. That’s why I just quote whoever I’m replying to
Same here

Tell me what you are doing, maybe I can figure out if your doing something wrong or missing something.

If all else fails just still be keying in @ the pen name, it comes up as "KRush mentioned you" on my gmail because I run off of Android app instead of sit down or laptop computer. So even poor beknighted folk like me get the message too.👍😝📝

@ALFxRNY Thank you! Im getting really excited, wish it was here already!

On 07/30/2018 at 11:22, Chrisb428 said:

@ALFxRNY Thank you! Im getting really excited, wish it was here already!

You’re welcome and trust me! It will be here quicker than you think!

Hey - question for all of you that in your post-op phase. One of the items I can have in Weeks 1 & 2 are "Strained Low Fat Cream Soup". What type of Soup would that be exactly? I'm assuming Cream of chicken would be ok. No way I'm eating Cream of Mushroom by itself. :P What else is there? Is there a Cream of Potato?? What about a bisque like Tomato Bisque?

On 07/30/2018 at 14:57, Ylime said:

Hey - question for all of you that in your post-op phase. One of the items I can have in Weeks 1 & 2 are "Strained Low Fat Cream Soup". What type of Soup would that be exactly? I'm assuming Cream of chicken would be ok. No way I'm eating Cream of Mushroom by itself. :P What else is there? Is there a Cream of Potato?? What about a bisque like Tomato Bisque?

my week 1 &2 says that as well and i was wondering the same thing!

On 07/30/2018 at 14:57, Ylime said:

So I did cream of chicken and feed my poodle the chicken.. I did cream of mushroom 2 and strained it.. I did cream of Tomato 🍅 which I realized too acids for my stomach... it taste good but too soon... and when I stooped it I noticed the difference... hope that helps

Just now, mercmerc said:

No tomatoes!

Booooo!

@lizvirgo09 Thanks for the info and "fed my poodle the chicken" is the funniest thing I'll hear all day! I love it.

On my way to Wally world, let me see what options they have in the grocery, I was thinking of cream of celery but I shall investigate.

On 7/27/2018 at 11:16 PM, saygrace said:

weird question: does anyone else’s pee smell really bad? like vinegar-y almost? i’m sure it’s just from being pumped with IV fluids but it’s awful lol.... just keep drinking a ton of Water hoping that will help. Also wondering when people had their first BM after surgery

Yes! Like apple cider vinegar. Had my first bm today. 4 days and a few hours post op. Dropped right at 10lbs so far. It was an ....interesting..... bm experience.

I need help, so this happened to me just now
So I took a teaspoon of Jello (dulece de leche) and just licked the spoon... few mintues later I was in pain so much I cried and then I felt like throwing up, when I finally did it was like a foamy/ slimy substance .. WHAT IS THIS?? Is it normal??

On 07/30/2018 at 16:58, mercmerc said:

I need help, so this happened to me just now

So I took a teaspoon of Jello (dulece de leche) and just licked the spoon... few mintues later I was in pain so much I cried and then I felt like throwing up, when I finally did it was like a foamy/ slimy substance .. WHAT IS THIS?? Is it normal??
i got sick once in the hospital because i drank too fast and it was also like foamy? maybe that’s just how it is? not helpful reply lol but did happen to me as well so maybe it’s normal