Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

Sleeved 7.18.18🙂

Hi, I'm 4 days post -op and looking forward to sharing this journey with others on the same path!

5 days post op gastic sleeve. Things seem to be going well. Thanks!

Edited by Rachelle831

I'm joining in! June 11, 2018! Now I need a little ticker thing!

My surgery date was 7/12/18. Today is 11 days post op and I have lost 21 pounds from the hospital weigh in, but I gained 12 pounds in Water weight after coming back from the hospital and dropped that 12 pounds + 21 pounds. Impressive!!! My total loss so far is 32 pounds since starting my pre opt liquid diet and 43 pounds since my journey began. The first few days were rough with nausea, fatigue, and dry heaves. The worst is the feeling of vomiting but nothing is in your stomach. I spent three nights in the hospital due to irregular heart beat after surgery. I was ready to leave after second day. I was tired of getting the tray of the same popsicle, low sodium broth (nasty!), orange Jello, and crystal light mix for water. I am starting to feel normal besides the fact that I see my family eat normal food, but i can’t. The toughest is having to prep meals for my children and not being able to eat anything, but liquids still. I have two Premier Protein shakes, water, broth, sf popsicles, and nutritionist added Chinese egg drop Soup to the list of what i can have. I have several episodes where I feel like a brick is stuck in my chest where I think I drank too quickly or had gas stuck inside. I really hate the feeling and hope this is not a forever thing. Only one time, I had vomiting with such an episode, but it was just the liquid I had drank. I also had staples instead of tape due to allergy but only downside is the staples are not being removed until my three week appointment. I am on liquids for three weeks and can’t wait to start soft foods. I am trying to walk everyday and can’t wait to go back to the gym soon. The doctor also advised not to walk in the sun due to dehydration. I had to get a bag of iv fluids at my one week appointment. This is the hardest thing that I have had to do (certainly not easy!), but I know in the end, it will be very rewarding to gain a new healthy me.

3 hours ago, Kiki26 said:

I'm joining in! June 11, 2018! Now I need a little ticker thing!

I had the same date!

52 minutes ago, Laura7 said:

Hi! My surgery is in one day! I report at 5:30 am Wednesday.

Good luck Laura, hope everything goes well!

On 07/23/2018 at 18:42, Laura7 said:

Good luck, girl!

Hey all,

Ive been looking for something to carry my drinks, Protein powders, and pills for when I go back to work. I know I will still be needing a Protein Drink for some time to hit my daily goal. I can’t seem to find anything like this. I found one thing on Kickstarter and funded it. Of course that is not certain. Has anyone else found something like this that would carry everything?

1 hour ago, Laura7 said:

Good luck!

On 7/15/2018 at 4:27 PM, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

Glad you’re home. No,I hate giving myself the shots also but we certainly don’t want the alternative. Best of luck for a speedy recovery.

Thank you! I got the hang of it and not having a problem doing the shots. Doing great, but staples not being removed until 3rd week on 8/2/18. I am 12 days post op and have lost 26 pounds already.

One day post op !