Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

12 days post op! Hey everyone! It’s killing me not to be able to go swimming! I have my check up in two days to see if I am healed enough!

Had my rny 3 days ago. So far so good. Only had to take tylenol once since home. Every time I walk it feels like my insides are jiggling. Dont think im hitting my water/protein targets. I should start writing stuff down.
Had a band in 2010 worked moderately and temporarily—granted i wasnt doing my fair share.
hopefully this time around will be better 🙏

Had my rny 3 days ago. So far so good. Only had to take tylenol once since home. Every time I walk it feels like my insides are jiggling. Dont think im hitting my water/protein targets. I should start writing stuff down.
Had a band in 2010 worked moderately and temporarily—granted i wasnt doing my fair share.
hopefully this time around will be better [emoji120]
I use an app called baritastic to keep track of Fluid and protien. It's awesome and free!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

My friends I am invading for just a second. I am posting with one eye on my phone and one eye on America's Got Talent, they just had a children's chior,on called the Voices of Hope, Their song spoke to self-doubt, about reaching above it to be the best ME possible. I'm sure in your preop journeys each of you had doubts and now that your surgeries are completed you still have doubts things are going to finish up correctly. Never doubt,yours3lf, you each have strengths still,untapped. You can and you will do it and very soon I will be over here with you writing my own chronicle. Save me a place, within a very few weeks📅 I will be one of you!😝

On 6/21/2018 at 6:33 PM, Ylime said:

Thank you Buddies...

2 minutes ago, shrinking_wildflower said:

I hope it's okay to jump in this thread! It is technically winter for me here in Australia but my surgery is 5th July which I know is summer for those across the pond

Sent from my SM-N950F using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi, welcome!

RNY on 6/26!

Postop day 17, spent 2 weeks in hospital due to complications...home sweet home down 12 pounds in 4 days!!

On 06/30/2018 at 00:19, Diva302 said:

Postop day 17, spent 2 weeks in hospital due to complications...home sweet home down 12 pounds in 4 days!!

Oh no! What type of complications did you have, if you don’t mind me asking? Glad your home. Congrats on the weight loss!

I am home! And here is my account of how things went. First night, I felt pretty good. Day 2 was ROUGH. I was in so much pain! The nurses didn’t walk me around at all. The main nurse wouldn’t give me any pain meds. I felt awful, like my belly felt like I was going to explode and I asked myself why I had done this. I kept reminding myself why but I was miserable. Then there was a shift in nurses and the new nurse seen that the previous nurse had been denying me my required every 3 hour pain meds! So she made sure that I got them and made sure the nurse after her administered them to me as well. Everything looked good so I came home today. I’m thankful for my nurses who did listen and try to help me. Hope everyone else had a better experience than I did

Almost 48 hours post op and came home around the 24 hour mark yesterday. Have pain meds but haven’t taken any today - one incision site feels the worst, but the others are ok. I woke up a few hours after also wondering what i was thinking to do this - but had some awesome nurses and support (and pain meds). Slept pretty well last night and took a quick shower today. Trying hard to keep up with fluids and be active enough while resting...am actually feeling hungry so gonna try my hand at a popsicle now. :-) hope everyone else is feeling ok.