Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So i found out from my surgeon that before they send my info to the insurance that i had to be cleared from a pulmonary doctor and a cardiac doctor. Did anyone else have to be cleared by these doctors through your insurance. I have state insurance and apparently they changed the requirements a while back.

Sent from my LGMP260 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had to be cleared by a cardiologist because of family history. I'm happy to report that there were no problems. Although, they thought I had a blockage and cancelled my surgery until they could do a heart cath. I rescheduled my surgery 3 weeks later. Didn't need to see a pulmonologist, but probably would have if I'd been a smoker.

35 minutes ago, kekevsg1122 said:

So i found out from my surgeon that before they send my info to the insurance that i had to be cleared from a pulmonary doctor and a cardiac doctor. Did anyone else have to be cleared by these doctors through your insurance. I have state insurance and apparently they changed the requirements a while back.

EKG/ECG is a standard test pre-op. Had to have one back in 2011 for my band and had to have another one for my revision this past March.

EKG/ECG is a standard test pre-op. Had to have one back in 2011 for my band and had to have another one for my revision this past March.
Well i know i have to have an ekg pre op and i also need a chest xray as of right now

I had to see a cardiologist and I had to have a chest x-ray. I did not have to see a pulmonary doc.

It also depends upon your age and other risk factors. Since I'm pushing 60, I'll be required to run through the entire gamut of tests.

-EQ

And my love, I am older yet. I have achieved the fine old age of 72 and am a Surgery candidate. In July 2018 I will be receiving a RnY at OSU-Wexner Medical Center in Columbus Ohio.The following are what I've done in preparation:
Cardiology-my testing was more extensive since cardiac issues bloomed on my family tree like apples. Cleared
Pulmanology- my lungs rate somewhere between A-and B+Cleared
Psychology/ Psychiatry- some programs prefer one over the other- Cleared
sleep Lab- I have strong amount of Sleep Apnea among 1st and 2nd degree relatives- I do have it- under. c Pap therapy- Cleared
Dietary/Nutrition-cleared for preliminaries- liquid presurgical diet loaning ahead
Exercise Therapist- met with her- set up plan which will work to tone me,up for future- Passed
Life After Baiatric Seminar- online
just did this last week so passed it
Pre-surgical bloodwork-did already- found some Vitamin deficits- prescribed same
EKG- my,lady was taken less than 6 months ago during all the cardiology- they accepted it
Chest X-ray- recent one acceptable
Presurgical appointment with surgeon- not yet but have,met with his nurse-practioner several times. I'll met with him if he wants, otherwise I'll see him first in OR?
And that's how the Frustr8 Fine Tuning has gone.😛👍🚩

Almost forgot my EGD because my gastroenterologist did it instead of my surgeon. I have gastritis which I am on a higher dose than average PPI, most,people are on Zantac, Peocid , Prilosec, I am on Dexilant, my gastro called it the Ferrari of tummy medicine, it would be over $350 at Walmart, the cheapest pharmacy in town, God only knows what Rite-Aid and CVS would charge, thankfully I only have a $3.70 co pay on it. Anyhow I'm cleared for that also. Forgot to say welcome- always happy to meet new Bariatric friends. Any questions otherwise, please ask. We'll do our best to give you a good answer.!😛