Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone recommend their favorite Protein shakes... powder or RTD? Taking suggestions. Thanks!

how long did say stay doing protien drinks for

On 6/19/2018 at 4:26 PM, Lioness815 said:

Can anyone recommend their favorite Protein shakes... powder or RTD? Taking suggestions. Thanks!

Premier Protein Cookies 'n Cream isn't bad. I've heard the strawberry 'n Cream is good too, but that it's hard to find. Advantedge has a Cold Brew coffee shake that I like. It's lower in Protein (17 grams), but also only 100 calories. They make a chocolate Marshmallow that I want to try (30 grams of protein), but I haven't seen it in stores.

I like Premier Protein peaches and creme, some people thing,it tastes fakey but to me it tastes just like peach soda pop, I also like Muscle Milk Blueberry Greek yogurt flavor, lower I proein, a little high carb count but I like blueberry, caramel,premier Protein, strawberry Muscle Milk and Svelte,french vanilla, it is soy based don't taste it though, cool and smooth. What I don't like is Wal-Mart Equate, yes it is supposed to be equivalent to PP but to me has that fakey evaporated milk undertaste. Others I really haven't tried that much.

I just tried the Premier Strawberries & Cream - NASTY! :( I am discouraged already and this is only liquid diet day one! I am starving...diabetic to boot!

I like the "Advant Edge" (by EAS) carb control shakes - especially the cold brewed coffee. 100 calories and only 3 carbs and 2.5 fat. Otherwise the only other shakes I like (that I've tried) are the Premier Protein (and yes, the Cookies and cream is really tasty). Had a muscle milk the other day. Never again.

I finally got my surgery date for August 21. I'm down 20 lbs and so ready for this journey. Going to preop meeting on July 31st. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

17 hours ago, _Shane_ said:

I like the "Advant Edge" (by EAS) carb control shakes - especially the cold brewed coffee. 100 calories and only 3 carbs and 2.5 fat. Otherwise the only other shakes I like (that I've tried) are the Premier Protein (and yes, the Cookies and cream is really tasty). Had a muscle milk the other day. Never again.

On 7/12/2018 at 3:30 PM, pumpkinlocks said:

I am drinking Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacement shakes they are good.

I NEED 30grams of Protein per drink and premier is the only one I've found. I order from Amazon but they are taking long with my order. I've complained so hopefully it will help.

I'm using Isopure Zero Carb Proteins for my morning proteins, 25g per scoop. The flavors are good and they have a fantastic unflavored version.

I used Gold Standard Casein proteins for my nightly Protein, Casein is a "Slow protein" so it's good for night time consumption.

Anyone stating that they need X amount of protein per shake... I'm curious why you think that. We've all got targets, I've never heard of anyone with a hard set requirement to consume exactly a set number of grams of protein per shake...

@MN Meg770 I like Muscle Milk strawberry better, try it and see.

I like the Isopure Protein. Cookies and Cream is a favorite. Plus it's zero carbs :)

I like Premier Protein 'cookies n' cream' and 'caramel' and 'bananas & cream'. I also like the Advant Edge chocolate (chocolate fudge or something?) and the coffee one (tastes just like those little bottles of starbuck's frappuccinos.)

Aside from the PP bananas/cream, I haven't like most "fruity" flavors I've come across in Protein Shakes so I'd advise most to stay away. Muscle Milk is gross.