Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 8/29/2018 at 11:15 AM, ellie123 said:

Oh wow! I travel a ton for work and must start traveling again soon. Can you share which Protein Powder you are using? My post op has no minimum Water or Protein. Just 3 weeks of Clear Liquids, sip all day as much as you can tolerate instructions :/

I bought the Premier Protein in chocolate. Also have (below) from Amazon for workout days. I'm also really in love with latte flavors of Syntrax through the BP store.

MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder - Essential blend of whey, Isolate, Casein and Egg Protein with BCAA's and Glutamine for Recovery, Cookies 'N' Cream, 4 Pound

@Megan Sadler Congrats!

So I had sugar free Jello and it caused me to dump last night 😩😫😣😭😩😭 never again!!

Today I have my appointment with my surgeon and I should be getting my jp drain out and they should progressing me to soft foods. I boiled an egg this morning to have after words!! I’m now down 29.2 lbs.

My follow up was yesterday. Okd me to basically skip puree and do soft stage as long as I can handle it and chew slowly. I did dump on sugar free pudding. Guess one pudding cup is OK 2 is a never again lol

I week today from surgery have lost 12 pounds this week and see the surgeon in 2 days for my check up. Getting in 70 grams of Protein and 64 oz Water but am working on more h2o

2 minutes ago, clsumrall said:

I week today from surgery have lost 12 pounds this week and see the surgeon in 2 days for my check up. Getting in 70 grams of Protein and 64 oz Water but am working on more h2o

Way to go on getting everything in! Tomorrow is 2 weeks for me and I'm still struggling to get in enough Protein.

It’s strange but my shakes go down pretty easy but with Water I feel the restriction immediately. Take an hour to do 10 oz of water but 20 min for 8 oz shake

Our bodies are strange creatures sometimes.

Hi! I had RNY on 8/13. I have experienced a few bumps in the road including extreme diarrhea which seems to be the result of me becoming lactose intolerant. I was switched to a whey Protein isolate which solved that issue. I am just 4+ weeks post-surgery but still struggling with getting all of the protein in. I don't seem to have a problem with getting the liquids in. Oh, and let's not forget the "green poop" and Constipation. I am trying to be patient but I honestly thought this process would be easier at this point. I keep telling myself that the worst is behind be. Anyone else feel similarly?

Hi @roseinnj! My RNY was 8/23 and I'm still struggling to get in my daily Protein and Water. I try but it feels like I'm always drinking. It will take us a while to get to our new normal.

On 09/12/2018 at 20:03, roseinnj said:

Hi! I had RNY on 8/13. I have experienced a few bumps in the road including extreme diarrhea which seems to be the result of me becoming lactose intolerant. I was switched to a whey Protein isolate which solved that issue. I am just 4+ weeks post-surgery but still struggling with getting all of the Protein in. I don't seem to have a problem with getting the liquids in. Oh, and let's not forget the "green poop" and Constipation. I am trying to be patient but I honestly thought this process would be easier at this point. I keep telling myself that the worst is behind be. Anyone else feel similarly?

How long have you been doing the whey protein isolate?? I’ve been doing it since my liquid diet because I’m not a fan of milk and neither is my stomach. My face however isn’t a fan of whey protein isolate. I feel like I’m going through puberty. So many breakouts and pimples. I really want to cry.

I had surgery on 8/13 also. Had a sleeve though. Feeling great minus the breakouts.

Hi! Sorry to hear about the breakouts. I haven’t experienced that. I am 61 years old and if anything, my skin tends to be dry. I have been drinking the whey Protein isolate about 3 weeks. I’d check in with your doctor with your questions. After all, they are the experts! Good luck!!!

HI group,

Im now 3 weeks post op. Feeling pretty good...but trying to understand all these new "feelings" in my belly lol. The Constipation has been a problem and I have not yet found a solution. I have taken milk of magnesia a couple times when it was really bad and that worked but I cant take that every day. I have been taking a stool softner in pill form everyday and its not doing anything. I may try the stuff you stir in Water. Can anyone recommend something that doesnt have strong flavor or taste gritty?

My doctors office told my all my liquids count toward "water" so my cup of tea in the morning counts and my Breakfast Protein Shake counts. I make the Protein shake with a scoop of chocolate protein isolate, 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk and 8oz of cold coffee. So that alone gives me 16oz of liquid and 31g of protein. The rest of the day is water and protein. I like the ricotta bake, egg salad, baked talapia, kidney Beans, greek yogurt and my evening "treat" is a no sugar added fudgcicle (yum).

I am band to rny revision and the weight is coming off very slow. I'm okay with that I guess :) I've lost 9.8 pounds in the last 3 weeks.

Hope everyone is doing great!

Lisa