Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 08/01/2018 at 07:53, Heather_A said:

August 1st!! Who’s going in today?? Mine is Friday and I can’t wait. Nervous and excited!!
Me too!!!

My surgery date is 8/13 and this preop diet is brutal! I am allowed to eat 4 oz Protein with green veggies once a day so I shouldn’t be complaining. Can anyone share helpful tips for walking through the kitchen or cooking food for my family knowing I cat eat it!? 😂

@mnbeane you got this. I think it’s about determination. You can do it. I believe in you. If I can do it anybody can. 😆 I cooked a whole meal for my family yesterday and didn’t eat anything from it. The good stuff too steak and mashed potatoes with broccoli and cheese. Boy was it hard but I did it.

I’m the 13 also. Can’t have any meat though. Only green veggies and 6 Protein Shakes a day

@Frmamomzeyez you are one inspirational broad, I hope I do as good, today I start my own prediet, if you had enough tenacity that you stuck to your diet instead of caving in, then I CAN DO IT TOO! Thanks for giving me a backbone transplant!👍😛👍

@Frustr8 thank you. Trying telling my nine year old that. According to her the steak had no flavor. I just want this weight gone so bad. I’m will to do anything to make that happen. Tried of hearing I’m a pretty fat girl. It sucks

Try "But she's SO pretty in the face!" like the rest of my body was a dirty plastic trash bag! So have told this "Job's Comforter" Isn't it a shame with your adult body you have a petty small mind!"

And Remember
You are someone that is great...
In the Keystone State!
And soon you will be a sleek smooth M9m
With a body that's the BOMB!

Of course I want to not be slim and fit, but this surgery is for my health and so I can do more with my children while they are still young. So that I can live longer for them. I swear though I really dislike people with small minds. Like because I’m on the heavy side I don’t have feelings. Isn’t gross the way the world is today. People are cruel when you don’t match what they think is beauty.

5 hours ago, Frmamomzeyez said:

Of course I want to not be slim and fit, but this surgery is for my health and so I can do more with my children while they are still young. So that I can live longer for them. I swear though I really dislike people with small minds. Like because I’m on the heavy side I don’t have feelings. Isn’t gross the way the world is today. People are cruel when you don’t match what they think is beauty.

I couldn't agree with you more. My main #1 priority and reason for this is health as well. My son lost his father last August because he never took care of himself and never went to the doctors and that was a huge awakening for me that I needed to step up my game because doing the same thing is not an option. Of course I want to be thinner and look on the outside how I feel on the inside, but health is my priority. The one thing I've gained from finding this forum and everyone in it is that I don't feel ashamed of myself or upset or anything negative. For the first time I feel like I can be myself with no judgment because we're all in the same boat. Either someone's already gone through the process, is waiting to go through it, or is currently going through it - but either way, we're all the same here, even if our outsides look different, ya know? I think some of society has just forgotten what its like to not judge others (in general). We as people should be building our brothers and sisters up, not bringing them down.

..I sound like I'm preaching, I'm sorry lol. I've just gotten so inspired in the last couple weeks of being here that I want to spread my joy around I guess lol.

You'll get through this - you got this! You're doing it for the right reasons and I applaud you. Think positive, and when it seems bleak, reach out to someone - be it family, or us (your online fam) cause we're here for ya :)

And never fear you'll upset us by any questions you might have. I'm 72, a lot of life wisdom, and I keep on keeping on. In the 2000s I have had many family members die, Mom and MIL. in 2003,most of my aunt's and uncles, although I was an"only" both parents had many siblings, a son suddenly,at 31 in 2008 and,my husband in 2012. Plenty sorrows, still don't understand why some of them died but I'm still going. On September 5th I will have my own surgery, a RnY bypass, why am I over here lurking? There are not too many in my month yet, many of the August. I have been friends with for a long while., almost from the time they Started seeking surgery.

Okay so this is getting real!! Had my pre-op today. I will go in for a scope on August 13 to check for damage the lap band caused. Surgery scheduled for August 17 and just talking about it freaks me out. I am excited but omg I am so scared. I thought I was going to have the bypass but the doctor thinks the sleeve is a better option for me.

I’m so proud that I created this group and it has grown ! Such a great group ... 6 more days until my big day !!!! 8/8/18!!!

On 7/27/2018 at 3:37 PM, phoenixforever said:

Surgery scheduled for August 7th - band to sleeve revision. Nervous and excited.

Sent from my Pixel using BariatricPal mobile app

You have to let me know how you are doing after you have it done. I am also a revision from band to sleeve but mine will be on the 17. I am so scared for some reason.