Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Biker question

It is massive!

i have lost 75lbs. That is modest by some standards, but 1/3 of my pre-bypass body weight. Two things re riding:

On my Royal Enfield, max capacity 170kg, my partner and I can both go on it together, but before we were combined a bit heavy!

On my Triumph Bonneville, which we use for longer trips with my wife pillion, it used to cause her pain in the tendons at the top of her thighs. Now - not at all. She worked out - she needn’t spread her legs so far apart to get her knees either side of my backside!!!

Generally - I am fitter, stronger, healthier. I am walking uphill, climbing stairs, lifting weights a bit - I feel the difference as I fling the bike around.....

It is massive!
i have lost 75lbs. That is modest by some standards, but 1/3 of my pre-bypass body weight. Two things re riding:
On my Royal Enfield, max capacity 170kg, my partner and I can both go on it together, but before we were combined a bit heavy!
On my Triumph Bonneville, which we use for longer trips with my wife pillion, it used to cause her pain in the tendons at the top of her thighs. Now - not at all. She worked out - she needn’t spread her legs so far apart to get her knees either side of my backside!!!
Generally - I am fitter, stronger, healthier. I am walking uphill, climbing stairs, lifting weights a bit - I feel the difference as I fling the bike around.....
I guess it will take some time to getting used to but thanks for your story.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh man, there is an enormous difference in riding once you lose a significant amount of weight.

That is a thread I made a couple years ago about it. After that topic, I made my annual trek to the Dragon and had the best experience of my riding life!

Me and my husband both have harleys....it is definitely easier to ride with less weight. And i suppose its easier for him as well when i ride with him!

Used to ride sport bikes and hated the feeling of my belly on the tank as I started gaining weight. I stopped riding because of my son's being born. Had to sell the bike to help with bills. Never did stop gaining weight though. Would love to get back into it. It's been about 15 years. Would probably make a move to sport tourer or cruiser now though.

Edited by J San

Harley owner here. I find it so much easier to ride longer distances with having back pain from the extra weight. I find myself being able to maneuver so much easier (backing into spots, k turns, etc).

@BigViffer Love the look of that VFR. Sexy as hell!!!

12 hours ago, J San said:

@BigViffer Love the look of that VFR. Sexy as hell!!!

Thanks! I do love my big viffer. Unfortunately I have not been able to ride her this season. It's been two months since I have even started her up. Family and work take up a lot of time. I really hope to devote some time to riding once my teenagers no longer think I'm cool. Right now I am enjoying being the cool dad.

Big difference especially with losing 40%+ of my weight. I have more fun riding my Harley now.
IMG_20180410_190649_138.jpeg

HW = 360
SW = 292
GW = 220 reached 3/7/18
CW = 204 @ 6'5"
156 pounds lost! [emoji106]