Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TMI - Pooping at work

On 06/18/2018 at 14:57, BigViffer said:

Sleeve patients don't tend to have the extremely foul BM's, that is more the province of by-pass patients. malabsorption occurs because food is not digested completely. With less time in the stomach for the acid to break the food down, the intestines can only absorb so much. The rest passes through the bowels partially digested. That's the smell, poop coated food that smells familiar and wrong all at the same time.

OH man sorry

5 minutes ago, proudgrammy said:

thank you!

3 hours ago, BigViffer said:

That's the smell, poop coated food that smells familiar and wrong all at the same time.

Throw the high Protein intake on top of that for some extra added "Umpf" LOL

I work in the hospital too and the first few times I had to go I had to warn people not to go after me. It’s almost colostomy level bad now.

All poop smells horrible but yeah this is for real a whole new level.

As a sleever I’m not suffering with the too stinky poo.....yet, it may be a gift later down the track as I’m only week 3, but my gas is bad.

Its loud, not overly smelly, and I can’t hold them in. It’s worse when I’m walking fast. So embarrassing in the office!!

Ooooooooooo.... we had an extraordinarily stinky pooper in the office for about a year. I always wondered what the problem was, and now I think I know!!

2 hours ago, Pearldrop said:

As a sleever I’m not suffering with the too stinky poo.....yet, it may be a gift later down the track as I’m only week 3, but my gas is bad.

Its loud, not overly smelly, and I can’t hold them in. It’s worse when I’m walking fast. So embarrassing in the office!!

If you find that you are having excessive gas or gas more frequently - not you personally, any bariatric patient, it could be a sign of eating too fast. I'm not talking about shoveling food in like cadets in boot camp fast, but just quick enough to introduce pockets of air into the digestive track. If possible, walk right after eating. You could just burp a lot of it out.

20 hours ago, swizzle said:

my farts have been epically adjusted for maximum loudness

So true for me too!

No such thing as a silent release any more!

On 06/19/2018 at 06:31, BigViffer said:

If you find that you are having excessive gas or gas more frequently - not you personally, any bariatric patient, it could be a sign of eating too fast. I'm not talking about shoveling food in like cadets in boot camp fast, but just quick enough to introduce pockets of air into the digestive track. If possible, walk right after eating. You could just burp a lot of it out.

This could def be my problem. I chew better now, but I still eat fast.

One of my friends told my of the sudden 💩 and advised I keep an extra pair of understand with me and maybe a change of 👖 or shorts in the 🚙

46 minutes ago, Dmantei56 said:

One of my friends told my of the sudden 💩 and advised I keep an extra pair of understand with me and maybe a change of 👖 or shorts in the 🚙

There is an old bariatric saying - never trust a fart. Never.

oh I am really cracking up reading these posts :D My farts still do not smell and boy did they used to!

Since I have had surgery I have had great poops! I used to suffer with Constipation badly but since surgery the pipes have been running so good, no issues and easy coming out which has been a welcomed change.

People spoke about not pooping for days and days but I have gone every day since surgery except for 2 days after surgery.

Seems like the by pass people are the ones who have smelly poo challenges? Do whatever you have to do man - poo Pori and I am sure the people around you appreciate it ha ha ha