Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I make a blender full of Protein Shake every morning. Several powders taste terrible. However, I am fond of Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard 100% whey and Isopure's Zero Carb. You can get both at GNC and the fist at Trader Joe's too. They're not the cheapest powders but they're not too expensive.

I just started on the syntax brand. They are soooo good. I’m drinking the cappucino

I have tried Equate high Protein. 20mg protein from Wal-Mart in French Vanilla. It's okay but to me has an evaporated milky aftertaste, claims to be equivalent to Slimfast Advanced Nutrition Shake.🍶

I'm using unflavored Necter. It works really good with Soup and smoothies. I also use the Premier Protein but since surgery they are so sweet!

On 6/17/2018 at 2:42 PM, MaryPoppins said:

What are your favorites? I wish there were sample sizes available. I’m looking for the powder, probably chocolate or vanilla.

Garden of life is my favorite! I also use Orgain & Vega. Garden of life has been on sale at costco for 19.99 for a while. Not sure if it still is but it’s by far the best I’ve had! I mix Garden of Life & Orgain together sometimes. One scoop of each is 30 grams of Protein & low carb/calories.

Edited by Seahawks Fan

I found a brand of Protein Powder called EAS in vanilla flavor at a wholesale club/store. I get sugar free Creamer to change the flavor when I’m bored

What I started doing recently

Is mixing a full vanilla Premier Protein with a half scoop of the Syntrax Nectar/Lattes and maybe a tablespoon of splenda or two. If I want a little more coffee ill add some cold brew concentrate to it

This bumps it up to roughly 200-210 calories and 45 g of Protein. Plus it gives it a better flavor (I think) and is substantially more filling.

I also find mixing protein powder with premier shakes is much better than mixing it with Water (which tastes gross) or milk (which tastes great but has mediocre macros)

Of course im also trying to substantially increase my protein intake to consistently get it over 1g per pound of body weight.

Edited by Mhy12784

I went to bariatricpantry and bought the syntax matrix sample pack, as I could not afford the nectar. I think there is 11 flavors. I bought them a month before my surgery and tried a different one every day. In the end, I chose perfect chocolate and Peanut Butter cookie.(if you are on pure liquid only, the pb cookie one will need to be blended or strained because of the cookie pieces.) i found that when I would put it, milk and ice in the blender, and it tasted like a wendys frosty! This is especially great for at night when my bad habits used to kick in. For on the go, I use silk Protein nut milk (I prefer the chocolate) and shaken really well with the perfect chocolate powder, reminds me of a melted milkshake!

I have used Aldi's Elevation. A scoop of chocolate + 1 T instant coffee, YUM. the price is right...I am having some challenges with sugar so I found another GENEPRO II. Micronized medical Protein. 30 g. protein, 0 sugars, 50 calories, about 1 T in volume. A little over $1.25 a serving. I wished I'd known about this product 3 years ago!!! Look around online, many sale prices. I have had good luck with EBay.

Edited by DavidOso

I've been using cUnjury, but I also got Jay Robb's pina colada and orange dreamsicle... Yum!!

I’m partial to the Unflavored Isopure Whey Protein Powder. Since it’s unflavored, I can mix it into just about anything. They also have a variety of different flavors available.

My program recommends Unjury Protein powders and liquids. They have a chicken flavor, too. You can get a sampler pack for about $22 to try it all. Figure it will be about $2 per 8.5oz bottle. Yes, a bit pricey, but I also feel confident there are no "China" components in their Vitamins or other products. I use the unflavored powder the most, adding it to most everything. Unjury.com For ready made, the program also recommends Premier Protein, which is found at Sam's, Walmart, and others and comes in several flavors. I also found Premier Clear Protein Drinks on Amazon.