Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone tried instead of drinking their Protein taking A pill or Gummy form of protein. I saw this gummy protein online and I thought about buying it. I take one a day women’s Multivitamin in gummy form because the ones my doctors prescribed would Always make me throw up.
Has any one tried the one I post a picture down below. If so how was it? Any recommendations?

image-0.00894069671630859.jpg

Don’t see why not, but you’ll definitely be chewing forever. Just saw this alternative to Jello that and debating it myself.

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

I haven't tried them, but they don't look terrible. Their Protein is whey isolate, which is what we want (as opposed to the great unknown that's in that GENEPRO scam), though the low carb crowd will certainly find that they have "too many carbs", but if that doesn't bother you, go for it. They do seem to have a fair amount of sugar alcohols (erythritol, sorbitol) which bother some people with GI distress, but not others.

Like Protein Bars and such, I wouldn't have more than one of these per day, both from the perspective of diversification (don't get all of your protein or other nutrition from just one place) and with all the sugar alcohols in it you may find yourself stuck on the toilet all day until you find out how sensitive you are to them.

1 hour ago, soph504 said:

Don’t see why not, but you’ll definitely be chewing forever. Just saw this alternative to Jello that and debating it myself.

This Jello stuff is more debatable. The major source of Protein is collagen which doesn't do us much good; there is some whey isolate in there which is the preferred source, but it is way down the ingredient list with the preservatives and other additives.

For protein jello, I make regular sugar free jello with either unflavored whey isolate Protein Powder or Isopure clear Liquid Protein mixed in (it's the only way I can tolerate that Isopure clear stuff when I need to do a clear diet). It's a lot cheaper and you can play with the flavors and concentrations to fit your taste.

7 minutes ago, RickM said:

This Jello stuff is more debatable. The major source of Protein is collagen which doesn't do us much good; there is some whey isolate in there which is the preferred source, but it is way down the ingredient list with the preservatives and other additives.

For Protein Jello, I make regular sugar free jello with either unflavored whey isolate Protein Powder or Isopure clear Liquid Protein mixed in (it's the only way I can tolerate that Isopure clear stuff when I need to do a clear diet). It's a lot cheaper and you can play with the flavors and concentrations to fit your taste.

I was going to suggest the same thing with the protein Water.

30 minutes ago, soph504 said:

I have the gelatein. I like it frozen better. It was thinner than my Hunts sugar free Jello.

One of my aqaintances gave me this idea. A package of sugar free Jello, after mixing it with boiling Water stir in a larger size container of greek yogurt, she puts hers in a glass casserole dish, hers is a 2 -3,quart, I think I would use my square cake one, scoops or cuts a little sqaue chunk as a treat. Wonder if you could stir,in a little extra Protein powder?

4 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

One of my aqaintances gave me this idea. A package of sugar free Jello, after mixing it with boiling Water stir in a larger size container of greek yogurt, she puts hers in a glass casserole dish, hers is a 2 -3,quart, I think I would use my square cake one, scoops or cuts a little sqaue chunk as a treat. Wonder if you could stir,in a little extra Protein Powder?

I don't know how well whey Protein powder would mix in, but certainly a collagen hydrolysate (protein derived from gelatin) would blend in well to this?

I drink one of these a day. At Sams they are under $16 for 12. On Amazon they are much more expensive but more flavors. Tastes like Gatorade without an after taste and it has whey Protein isolate.

1529156765546865754611.jpg

15291568009371670473075.jpg

6 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

One of my aqaintances gave me this idea. A package of sugar free Jello, after mixing it with boiling Water stir in a larger size container of greek yogurt, she puts hers in a glass casserole dish, hers is a 2 -3,quart, I think I would use my square cake one, scoops or cuts a little sqaue chunk as a treat. Wonder if you could stir,in a little extra Protein Powder?

I don't see why not - I used to mix in some of the unflavored whey isolate as it cooled. I never tried mixing in the yogurt but that sounds like a good alternative/addition if one isn't restricted to Clear Liquids at the time.

If you dont want to drink Protein

I recommend looking at protein pudding, protein fluff, protein icecream, protein mugcakes, or just easy to eat foods (scrambeled eggs eggwhites etc).

I think cutesey weird products (ie gummies) arent that sustainable long term. Plus the above recipes are usually quite tastey cost effective and great protein sources

Where do you buy your whey isolate

Wal-Mart has one called Body Fortress , made by Natures Bounty (i think) I got coupons for,it at the last Health Fair my,lived Wal-Mart had, a month,or so ago. it has 60 grams of protein.For $3 off I'll at least give it a trial.☕