Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all, I had my surgery 7/2 and I got pushed back to the puréed diet due to so much nausea and vomiting. It’s so frustrating for me because I can’t work out due to not eating hardly anything. The Protein Drinks make me sick and the Vitamins make me sick so I’m falling so far behind. My team at the hospital hasn’t been much help except to push me back to the puréed diet from the soft diet. I can’t wait for this part to be over with. Plus with the heat I’m too weak to really leave my house except for work! Did anyone else have this issue?

@ashash12 I was nauseous a bit too during my puréed food stage but then started taking Zofran and it is a Miracle drug! You should ask your MD for it. I took it around the clock for s few days and felt so much better. I also feel nauseous when I am dehydrated so am forcing myself to drink- it’s a full time job!!!!!

@AshAsh12I have eaten a few thing that have made me nauseous but im not having consistent nausea. Bless you for that. I agree with @leanbean get you some Zofran. They gave it to me after surgery but I didn't need it then...I always make sure I have some on me.

I also agree its hard to exercise with not a lot of food to work with. Even with my B12 energy is sometimes low. I have made an effort to walk more in the evenings but it will be much easier when it gets cooler.

Hey July Sleevers! This ? is for my ladies! So my VSG was 7/26 and I was currently on my cycle. I had about a week off and I have now been on a super heavy cycle for 2.5 weeks now. Anyone else having this problem?!

Seems to be very common from what I've read on here.😛

I had surgery on 7/31 and came home from the hospital 8/2. Was not cleared to return to work (a totally sedentary office job) until 8/13. Over the last week, my pain has increased substantially. I'm worried about hernia or maybe infection of one of the incisions? Nothing on the surface -- what I'm feeling is deep, muscle pain. Having a hard time standing up straight because my abdomen is so tight, and I can't sleep unless I'm on my back -- being on my side is excruciating. I've lost 28 pounds (23 since surgery) and I'm encouraged by that, but I'm also frustrated that I cannot move faster and am in so much pain. Tylenol is NOT cutting it. I have two little ones at home, and while I can't lift either of them, just chasing them around on the weekends has been brutal. I felt the same way last Monday. I guess I'm just venting, but I am exhausted and SO tired of being in pain. I'm not hungry at all and I'm still having a hard time getting in my Water and Protein Shakes (not cleared for soft foods until 8/22). Anyone else feeling like things are moving a lot slower than they'd like?

@sleevedllama I had a similar experience around week 2 after feeling fine for days. Bad pain on my left side under rib and lower abdomen at times. Hurt to stand, walk just about everything! Saw my surgeon because I was worried out a leak. He said it was muscular and to relax and use a heating pad. I lied on my back with a heating pad for 3 days and it got much better. Then went back to work and I still felt it a bit but each day got a little better. All in all lasted about 1week. think that I might have overdone it the week before the pain bc I was feeling so good. Anyway, it passed but was really scary so I feel for you. Try and take it easy but remember if you become febrile or short of breath, call your md immediately for possibility of infection, leak, etc. Hopefully you will feel better soon!

On 8/16/2018 at 7:16 PM, AshAsh12 said:

Hey all, I had my surgery 7/2 and I got pushed back to the puréed diet due to so much nausea and vomiting. It’s so frustrating for me because I can’t work out due to not eating hardly anything. The Protein Drinks make me sick and the Vitamins make me sick so I’m falling so far behind. My team at the hospital hasn’t been much help except to push me back to the puréed diet from the soft diet. I can’t wait for this part to be over with. Plus with the heat I’m too weak to really leave my house except for work! Did anyone else have this issue?

Yes, I had my surgery 7/3 and I've been hospitalized twice because of not being able to eat and drink. I can let you know I ordered vitamin patches because I have a problem with taking the Vitamins. At my recent stay at the hospital i was able to tolerate soft foods with the help of phenergan. Zofran and regland didn't help as well as phenergan did. Hopefully it goes away soon and you feel better!

Thanks, @leanbean -- same kind of thing. I was doing really well, I thought, and then maybe I've overdone it. I have two kids under 6 and even when I'm not lifting them, we're doing things like buckling into carseats, high chairs, getting them dressed, playing while sitting on the floor, etc. Nothing I would call strenuous but it is a lot of movement. My surgeon seems to think this is all normal and just recommended a binder. I've been wearing Spanx and a belly band I still had from my pregnancies but neither is particularly effective, so I ordered a couple of new binders that I hope will arrive today and keep me held in (which reduces the pain). I haven't had a fever or nausea, etc. so hopefully it's just as you say. Hope you're feeling well now, one week ahead of me! How has your soft foods phase gone? I get to start that tomorrow!

Had my 2nd post op appointment yesterday. All is going well. The best news I got is that I am clear of restrictions. I can start working out with weights and I can go swimming. I havn't gotten in the ocean at all this year, I just hope it warms up enough for me to enjoy at least one day at the beach.

On 8/15/2018 at 9:50 PM, lviz said:

but I've been stalled for 2 weeks, which is frustrating!

@lviz Did you break out of your stall? I seem to lose 1# per day for 3 days, then stall for 5 days, then lose again for 3 days, and stall for 5 days. After the first time when I freaked out so, I'm learning to roll with the punches, so to speak. When do you get to add more things to your food plan? I'm looking forward to Sep 10 when I start Stage 5 foods.

Adding foods back in my life is good but I'm trying not to get that excited about eating. That's what got me into the way I was before. So I'm just slowing my excitement and not and just taking it one day at a time.

On 6/21/2018 at 5:46 PM, ClarksvilleSleever said:

July 2 for me in Mexico

Hi! I may have seen you while I was there. Did you stay at the Courtyard? I had sleeve on July 6th. Great people at OCC? July was a particularly busy month for them. I hope things are going well for you.

Hey 👋🏽 everyone... my sleeve was 7/18 and I’m completely blessed with my surgery... my only problem is that my body doesn’t like Liquid Protein since surgery... the dr said sometimes that happens and we don’t know it until after surgery... the liquid Protein was giving me dumping syndrome and a major hormonal flush... my diet was advanced prior to discharge.. the only complaint is that I’m nauseous but my dr warned me that nausea is the new signal from the stomach.. when I need to eat I get nauseous and I eat and it goes away.. when I’m dehydrated I get nauseous.. I think that will get better with time... in reference to being tired... yes I’m easily exhausted and my endurance with have to build up.. my dr said it usually lasts for about 6 months... I’m not
Completely compliant with my vitamins.. and working on that... some days I get my protein in and not my fluids or I get my fluids and not my protein... they said that’s normal... I’ve lost 31 pounds since surgery and I did measure myself before surgery but not since surgery... but I notice more inches on my body... I’m 2 pant sizes down!!!

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:42 PM, PPMom said:

Hi! I may have seen you while I was there. Did you stay at the Courtyard? I had sleeve on July 6th. Great people at OCC? July was a particularly busy month for them. I hope things are going well for you.

I actually had my surgery done at LIMARP with Dr. Liza Pompa :)