Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! New to this group. My surgery is scheduled for July 25th. Nervous but hopeful for success. I’m older at 66 in need of hip replacement but was too heavy for surgery and rehab.
Had to provide Medicare with good intent before approval. Six months of dieting and reporting in with my PCP. Happy to report I’m approved and have lost 68 pounds prior to surgery. My start weight was 336. Still have another 100 to go but with the sleeve, I know I’ll make it.
Hubby is doing this too. He’s lost 95 pounds in same time and will have the sleeve in August. Having a supportive partner is everything!!

Wow, you are doing great! I am 70 and did not expect to qualify, but my surgery is July 17. Have had new knees for 10 yrs but spine and hips are getting bad so hope wt loss will alleviate pain. Good you and DH are doing this together - a grand adventure!

July 31.

July 11! I'm doing the liver shrink diet now and trying to not gnaw off a finger, but I'm so excited.

i start my pre op diet a week before surgery, but can still have food (like an egg or chicken) so i’m crossing my fingers it won’t be THAT bad since i still get to chew

1 minute ago, metta11 said:

Ha! I start the liver diet the day of your surgery. I know I’m gonna be hungry!! Good luck to you!

Thank you! It really hasn't been that bad, I just always get hungry in the afternoon. I'm allowed unlimited non-starchy veggies so cucumbers with a little vinegar and salt have been a lifesaver. Good luck on your liver diet, you can do it!

Just now, saygrace said:

i start my pre op diet a week before surgery, but can still have food (like an egg or chicken) so i’m crossing my fingers it won’t be THAT bad since i still get to chew

I look forward to my 3 oz. of chicken and a small salad every night like a kid at Christmas! But it's not that bad, honestly. Good luck!

I don't think they have us do this diet so we can shrink our liver. I think it's so we can get used to our stomachs hurting so damn much from hunger. LOL. Today is the end of week 1 with another to go. It's been OK but dealing with it every day is getting REAL Old REAL Fast.... Good luck to all of you and do your best to stick with it. WE can do it!!!!!

On 07/05/2018 at 15:15, J San said:

I don't think they have us do this diet so we can shrink our liver. I think it's so we can get used to our stomachs hurting so damn much from hunger. LOL. Today is the end of week 1 with another to go. It's been OK but dealing with it every day is getting REAL Old REAL Fast.... Good luck to all of you and do your best to stick with it. WE can do it!!!!!

LOL i’ve said that since the beginning!! i’m like this is just a way to get us used to the diet for after surgery and to lose some weight before surgery as well 😂 but i have friends in the medical field so i know it really is liver shrinking

New here. Just scheduled surgery for July 30th! Only need one week pre-op diet will start that on the 23rd

Welcome, Mike! Gee, only one week of pre-op? Nice. What part of Michigan are you in?