Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will be 7 months on 2/12 and have lost 126 pounds from HW and 104 pounds since SW. I’ve had great success from the sleeve, but now it’s going to take extra work to loose the rest. I have been dancing in the mid 260s since mid-December. I gained a few pounds over the holidays making bad choices with so much temptation even though the restriction is still there but can eat more than just a month or two ago. I need to stay away from carbs and chocolate temperatures but trying to go to the gym more. I wish I could go everyday, but it’s hard with balancing my commute to work and family obligations in the evenings after work. My goal is to go 3 days a week. I will start walking more again once the weather gets warmer too. I had regrets early on when I couldn’t drink or eat much and kept vomiting, but so glad I did it. I don’t I would have ever had this success on my own. I had tried every diet in the name and always dropped some weight and then regained the weight and some more. Trying to stay on track and feeling great!

Meant to say “chocolate temptations” (not temperature) Lol!

@Cynisca - I appreciate your reply. Again, it sounds like you worked hard to "peel the onion" to get to the core issue(s) for you, and well worth the effort. The program I'm working with has a Social Worker as part of the team and we can book appts as we feel the need. I had never heard of a food psychologist, and am wondering what the differences might be pertaining to bariatric clients. I associate psychologists with testing. I associate psychiatrists with their M.D. ability to prescribe meds. I associate social workers with holistic/whole person in their environment. Did you go through a battery of testing? The social worker I have access to feels ho-hum in my experience of three sessions. Our support groups are facilitated on a rotational basis by the SW, an RN, and NUT, so I see the SW in action with others as well. I'll delve into some research on this!

1 hour ago, JulesUp said:

have lost 126 pounds from HW and 104 pounds since SW. I’ve had great success from the sleeve,

Another high achiever! Kudos to you, too. In the same timeframe I'm down 75 lbs to your 126, so I hope you are celebrating your achievement with impunity! The holidays WERE wicked, and the winter weather does not cooperate with our intentions. I just got a treadmill, and am revising my daily routine to incorporate its use to my advantage. I've been trying to adapt some recipes to make Protein Cookies and protein granola for treats. It's all trial and error and ADVENTURE. Not a moment's regret for getting this surgery.

On 02/07/2019 at 12:53, nibble said:

Another high achiever! Kudos to you, too. In the same timeframe I'm down 75 lbs to your 126, so I hope you are celebrating your achievement with impunity! The holidays WERE wicked, and the winter weather does not cooperate with our intentions. I just got a treadmill, and am revising my daily routine to incorporate its use to my advantage. I've been trying to adapt some recipes to make Protein Cookies and Protein granola for treats. It's all trial and error and ADVENTURE. Not a moment's regret for getting this surgery.

Thank you! I’ve been hitting the gym more and lost 4 more pounds this week! Down 130 pounds total! I am elated! I have a protein caramel coffee every morning for Breakfast and seems to do the trick and tastes very good. Congrats to you too on your success!

11 minutes ago, JulesUp said:

protein caramel coffee every morning for Breakfast and seems to do the trick

Gees, you just don't stop! So tell me about your recipe for this Protein coffee. I'm always on the lookout for new tips and ideas. Am enjoying the treadmill, increasing the time on it each day. I am feeling better, more energetic each day.

On 02/10/2019 at 16:47, nibble said:

Gees, you just don't stop! So tell me about your recipe for this Protein coffee. I'm always on the lookout for new tips and ideas. Am enjoying the treadmill, increasing the time on it each day. I am feeling better, more energetic each day.

There are variations you can make your coffee with either using a Premier Protein shake vanilla or caramel. I prefer the caramel Premier Protein. I make a cup of coffee using half of the caramel slake and half unsweetened almond or skim milk, add tablespoon of your favorite instant coffee. I warm up the milk and coffee first and then add the instant coffee. You can also get a double shot espresso with ice and pour the Caramel Protein Shake and it’s like a big treat. The shakes are sweet enough, you don’t need to add any sweetener to your coffee. Everyone is out of Caramel Protein Shakes and have also tried the Atkins Cafe Caramel are good too just 15 grams of protein vs 39 grams using Premier Protein.

30 grams (typo) using Premier Protein...

Congrats to July sleepers and all of our accomplishments.

My max weight 272. SW 259. CW 187. surgery July 18th.

I am completely blessed since surgery and haven't had much problems. No adverse events other than my intestines did not like Liquid Protein, and had to stop it until month 3. Now I can tolerate them Not tolerating them was a major bummer since that is what we have been doing and on the liquid diet. I exercise 3-4 times a week. I want to do more. My energy isn't what I thought it would be, but to be expected with all the changes.

My registered dietician has been phenomenal. I also live Premier Protein. I use half a container with 8 ounces of skim milk once or twice daily. Twice daily if exercising.

Thank you for sharing your coffee recipe.

My biggest temptation: chocolate.

I have been doing the sugar free instant puddings with heavy whipping cream. So good. I added chopped macadamia nuts to it last night... heaven.

pumpkin Keto recipe: can of pure pumpkin, cream cheese softened, 5 packs of truevia, 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, pumpkin pie spices, cinnamon, nutmeg, etc. It was pretty good. Let it set for a day so all the seasoning can work it's magic.

What is everyone else doing.

Checking in with fellow July sleevers.....how’s everyone doing?

Hi, July Sleevers! I've been away from the forums for a while. I'm down to 183 and it has been sooooooo sloooooow. My surgeon has me at 1200 calories a day and 90 grams of Protein, which I struggle to make because I still can't ingest a lot of meat at one sitting. My surgeon wants me to shoot for losing 7 to 8 pounds a month, but at this far out from the surgery I just don't see how? I mean, I barely lost much more than that in the months right after surgery. I want to get to 160 but I'm not sweatin' it too much, as I feel GREAT and I'm wearing straight sizes again (almost into a 12!). So, to sum up, I'm not breaking any weight or speed records, but I'm mostly making good decisions and that's a 1000% change in how I was before surgery. Hope you're all doing great!

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing well! I was plateaued for about 6 weeks after Christmas- played with 1/2 lbs up and down. Finally got on the scale 2 weeks ago with a 7lb loss :-) I think our bodies are in shock mode and need time to recover from this procedure and all the changes that come along with it. Down 70lbs since surgery and I will take it!!! Feel so much better. Love going to the gym. Started running again and can’t wait to enjoy this summer!!!! Actually just ordered a new bathing suit. And finally my hair stopped falling out! One thing I did notice is that I MUST take my Vitamins everyday. I was slacking for a few weeks and I felt very sluggish, tired, etc. once I started up again, I feel so much better! Hang in there and believe in yourself and this gift!

I finally saw my actual surgeon for the first time since the surgery on Friday. I was feeling bad about losing so much more slowly than many people here but she said .5-1.0 pounds a week is good for a 54 year old woman 8 months out. (Yep, it was a “good for a ...” type compliment. 😒). But still it helps to know I’m not off track. I’ve lost 78 pounds total and gave so much less pain and fatigue. I am very grateful.

Confession time! I'm slow slow slow because I've been off track and eating garbage since Christmas. Company just left so I'm working to get back on track with eating but them my son made brownies. Uggg! I was at 183 this morning so I'm down a few pounds in the last month. My HW was 250.

My surgeon encouraged me to give her six more months. I'm going to start back logging my food today! I've seen that how I've been eating will be great for maintaining my weight once I hit my goal but I need to focus on getting rid of about 40-45 more lbs.

HW was 265.... 8 months post op i'm currently 175....teetering in the 170s for about 1-2 weeks now need to get over the hump. My problem-i'm a snacker. I don't choose awful things to snack on but I find myself shoving stuff in not necessarily because I'm hungry. I do switch up my diet instead of the same old meals and i've re-introduced Protein Shakes as an alternative. I do go to the gym 3-4 times a week but also have bathroom issues if anyone whose had sleeve is aware what i'm referring to. One of the unpleasant side effects. I have not gained fortunately but i'm ready to get over the hump.