Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am in same boat as most here sleeved July 31 down 62 lbs I have been at my first target weight of 215 for about a month an a half. Went from size 42 jeans to 34. I am back to my high school weight. I am looking to lose another 10-20 lbs and then maintain forever! Loosing hair like crazy probably not eating enough Protein. Super happy with my progress. In January I will be one year since starting the 6 month weight loss program for insurance and down a total of 85 lbs!

How are all July Sleevers doing? All of us have hit the 6 month mark by now.......I’m a bit concerned about my 3-4 week plateau. Been playing with the same 4 lbs since Christmas :-( Just saw my md today and told to lay off carbs, increase Water and exercise. Ugh! I know this but just discouraged by the “standstill” I’m down about 62lbs in 6 months, which I never thought would be possible....just need to stick with it!!! Hope everyone is doing well!

4 hours ago, Leanbean said:

How are all July Sleevers doing? All of us have hit the 6 month mark by now.......I’m a bit concerned about my 3-4 week plateau. Been playing with the same 4 lbs since Christmas 😞 Just saw my md today and told to lay off carbs, increase Water and exercise. Ugh! I know this but just discouraged by the “standstill” I’m down about 62lbs in 6 months, which I never thought would be possible....just need to stick with it!!! Hope everyone is doing well!

Today was my 6 month mark. I'm down 60 lbs and my doc was very pleased. My bloodwork looked great except LDL was a tiny bit high and my B12 was too high. She also told me to lay off the carbs and stick it out for 6 more months to get to my goal weight (about 45 more lbs).

Hi fellow July sleevers. I haven’t weighed myself in about a month because my scale broke-scheduled for visit for weigh in and check up with surgeon on Monday. Last I checked I was down about 60 pounds. Just had labwork done-b12 high but everything else good. Losing hair in clumps. Haven’t been exercising as much lately because it’s been so cold out (I usually walk around the neighborhood) - but they’re building a new gym near my home that’s only $10 per month so I’ll be joining. Can’t wait. It’s tough sometimes to stick with the diet-tried a Mac Donald’s cheeseburger last week and puked it up. I still have to pace myself and slow my eating down and still can’t tolerate plain Water. Going on a trip to Disney in a few weeks so hoping I don’t have any problems with finding the right foods to eat.

On 02/01/2019 at 04:39, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

Hi fellow July sleevers. I haven’t weighed myself in about a month because my scale broke-scheduled for visit for weigh in and check up with surgeon on Monday. Last I checked I was down about 60 pounds. Just had labwork done-b12 high but everything else good. Losing hair in clumps. Haven’t been exercising as much lately because it’s been so cold out (I usually walk around the neighborhood) - but they’re building a new gym near my home that’s only $10 per month so I’ll be joining. Can’t wait. It’s tough sometimes to stick with the diet-tried a Mac Donald’s cheeseburger last week and puked it up. I still have to pace myself and slow my eating down and still can’t tolerate plain Water. Going on a trip to Disney in a few weeks so hoping I don’t have any problems with finding the right foods to eat.

I’m six months out as well. My hair was falling out like crazy. I started only washing it once, maybe twice a week to help with that. Also started taking Biotin supplements and putting collagen peptide (1 scoop of the powder)in my coffee. I’ve noticed a lot less hair failing out. Ask your NUT what you can do to help with your hair falling out and see what he/she recommends.

Also, Disney has a lot of healthy foods to choose from. They have plenty of fruit stands and restaurants that will have “better” choices than the counter service areas. I’m sure you can bring in some Protein Bars.

11 minutes ago, Kris77 said:

Also, Disney has a lot of healthy foods to choose from. They have plenty of fruit stands and restaurants that will have “better” choices than the counter service areas. I’m sure you can bring in some Protein Bars.

Good to know. Thank you!

I’ll be 7 months out this weekend and I am down 75 pounds overall. I’ve only lost about a pound a week over the last 2 months. I think the holidays got me off track and I haven’t gotten back down under 1000 calories a day which is where I lose significant amounts of weight. I’m going to do the February challenge to try to get the sugar and white flour out of my diet again. I’ve been lucky with few side effects but have lost some hair.

18 hours ago, Leanbean said:

How are all July Sleevers doing? All of us have hit the 6 month mark by now.......I’m a bit concerned about my 3-4 week plateau. Been playing with the same 4 lbs since Christmas 😞 Just saw my md today and told to lay off carbs, increase Water and exercise. Ugh! I know this but just discouraged by the “standstill” I’m down about 62lbs in 6 months, which I never thought would be possible....just need to stick with it!!! Hope everyone is doing well!

I'm in the same boat. I have to review some of my habits after getting this in my inbox -- https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/8-bad-habits-that-kill-your-metabolism/?utm_source=mfp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MFP_Extra_Popular_20190130&os_ehash=55@sfmc:132886233. Also read that habits can take a long time to cement, depending on the person, the habit, and the motivation. We should allow at least 66 days. Or more. Every day I have to ask myself Can you live with this _____ (insert action, meal, routine, etc) and be happy/content with it for the rest of your life?

The Hair loss seems to have slowed a bit. I take Biotin and L-lysine to combat that. And I am having a treadmill delivered next week. Exercise is a challenge here in the land of snow and ice, and fitness centers are an hour's drive away. I'm looking forward to incorporating walking into my daily routine and hope that will also make a difference on the scale.

Edited by nibble
added text

Glad you all posted. Same happening with me but I have also gotten content with bad carbs in my diet. Not like before but still eating them. Gonna cut them out and hope for the best. Was stuck in the low 250s but got past it. Now stuck in the mid to high 240s fluctuating. Feel great compared but still want quite a bit more of this weight off.

58 minutes ago, nibble said:

I'm in the same boat. I have to review some of my habits after getting this in my inbox -- https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/8-bad-habits-that-kill-your-metabolism/?utm_source=mfp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MFP_Extra_Popular_20190130&os_ehash=55@sfmc:132886233. Also read that habits can take a long time to cement, depending on the person, the habit, and the motivation. We should allow at least 66 days. Or more. Every day I have to ask myself Can you live with this _____ (insert action, meal, routine, etc) and be happy/content with it for the rest of your life?

The Hair loss seems to have slowed a bit. I take Biotin and L-lysine to combat that. And I am having a treadmill delivered next week. Exercise is a challenge here in the land of snow and ice, and fitness centers are an hour's drive away. I'm looking forward to incorporating walking into my daily routine and hope that will also make a difference on the scale.

Thanks for sharing that post. I have never been a big Breakfast eater. My doc doesn't seem to think it's a big deal though. I for sure sit too much as I'm in front of the computer much of the day. I need to work on getting up more. I am actually pretty happy with my sleep for once and most days I get 64 oz of Water but it is an ongoing struggle.

As far as exercise and strength training, I started to a beachbody program called lifft4 and I love it. I've only been doing it for the last 4 weeks. It's 4 days a week and it's not too long. It focuses on starting with weight training and includes core work and HIIT. (If you poke around, you can find somewhere to download it.) If you are looking for something else, there are some good Leslie Sansone walk at home programs on youtube. That helps when it's bad weather outside or you don't want to go to the gym. I prefer to exercise at home.

On 2/1/2019 at 3:28 PM, photogirl70 said:

As far as exercise and strength training, I started to a beachbody program called lifft4 and I love it. I've only been doing it for the last 4 weeks. It's 4 days a week and it's not too long. It focuses on starting with weight training and includes core work and HIIT. (If you poke around, you can find somewhere to download it.) If you are looking for something else, there are some good Leslie Sansone walk at home programs on youtube. That helps when it's bad weather outside or you don't want to go to the gym. I prefer to exercise at home.

Thanks for those tips, @photogirl70 - I, too am at the computer too many hours each day. I will look into the resources you shared. Even if I lived next door to a gym I would probably still do my workouts at home!

I just hit 6.5 months and I'm down around 110-115 lbs since surgery. Haven't cheated and I'm working out 6 days a week with a variance of cycling, running, and cross fit. I've worked hard with a food psychologist so I do this the healthy way. My blood levels are all good as of last week. My hair started falling out insanely about 60 days ago, you can REALLY tell it's thinned out. I bought these hair and nail Gummy supplements at costco and within 2 weeks ALL hair falling out stopped. Every day is a reset and reminder that food is a fuel and my body will respond to the fuel I give it.

4 hours ago, Cynisca said:

Every day is a reset and reminder that food is a fuel and my body will respond to the fuel I give it.

LOVE that sentence - thanks for sharing it. And WOO HOO to you - you have done an amazing job -- so committed and driven. Your efforts have paid off and you inspire the rest of us. I'm curious, though - are you located near a metropolitan area? Where did you find a food psychologist?

13 hours ago, nibble said:

LOVE that sentence - thanks for sharing it. And WOO HOO to you - you have done an amazing job -- so committed and driven. Your efforts have paid off and you inspire the rest of us. I'm curious, though - are you located near a metropolitan area? Where did you find a food psychologist?

Great question! I'm about 2hours+ away from a metropolitan area. So when I researched Food Psychologists I looked for 3 things. 1. Do they do video sessions 2. Are they a fit for my personality 3. Do they specialize in Bariatric patients . Your doctors who performed surgery should absolutely provide you with a great list. When you have the right psychologist they will guide you in exercises to find out the reason why you eat so much (in my case it was opposite than why I thought I ate all the time). It took us 1.5 months to nail down the exact reason. When you find that out, it becomes so much easier to manage cravings and choices. The process of finding out was really hard and frustrating and I spent many days feeling hopeless about a long term solution cause you realize surgery is only a temporary fix to a much bigger problem. Now, like an addiction, I know what my triggers are and I have coping mechanisms put in place so I don't fall into using food to work through them.