Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

15 hours ago, ClarksvilleSleever said:

I actually had my surgery done at LIMARP with Dr. Liza Pompa :)

And here's me thinking there is only one Bariatric Clinic in Mexico. I had a wonderful experience and hope you did, as well.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:30 AM, PPMom said:

And here's me thinking there is only one Bariatric Clinic in Mexico. I had a wonderful experience and hope you did, as well.

You as well :)

And people, if your mind is set on Mexico as your surgical destination, please consider Bariatric Pal MX. Our founder, Alex Brechler trusted them brought to have his revision done there last March. Could have had his choice of all the world's hospitals, clinics and surgery centers and he still chose there. Pretty good recommendation from where I sit!😝👍😎

Hi July Sleevers! How is everyone doing? I’m just about 6 weeks post op and looking to see what everyone is eating.....needing some new ideas :-)

On 09/01/2018 at 21:31, Leanbean said:

Hi July Sleevers! How is everyone doing? I’m just about 6 weeks post op and looking to see what everyone is eating.....needing some new ideas :-)
Well I’m eating ground beef, chicken, shrimp, eggs and some bacon. I’m so over the Protein Shakes that I stop drinking them on the weekends. I think I’ve hit my first plateau but then as soon as I type that weight will drop again. I’m down 41lbs so far. I was sleeved July 18th. How y’all doin?

I’ve found a Breakfast that I stick with every day. 1/4 cup part skim ricotta mixed with a packet of Splenda and a few drops of vanilla. I eat that with 1/4 cup of berries or sliced peach.

I make a lot of cold cucumber yogurt Soup and have that for lunch with a couple slices of turkey breast. When the weather changes, I’ll have to find a hot option. I love Asian style dumplings, so I’ll eat a few of those for dinner, along with spinach or zucchini cooked in some chicken broth.

I’m looking for good ideas too. I’m 8 weeks out.

Had my sleeve done on July14....

6 hours ago, libbyleeb said:

I’ve found a Breakfast that I stick with every day. 1/4 cup part skim ricotta mixed with a packet of Splenda and a few drops of vanilla. I eat that with 1/4 cup of berries or sliced peach.

I make a lot of cold cucumber yogurt Soup and have that for lunch with a couple slices of turkey breast. When the weather changes, I’ll have to find a hot option. I love Asian style dumplings, so I’ll eat a few of those for dinner, along with spinach or zucchini cooked in some chicken broth.

I’m looking for good ideas too. I’m 8 weeks out.

I’m sleeved July 10th and can’t stomach the Protein Shakes anymore. Trying new foods about finding many meats don’t agree with my stomach so I’ve gotten sick. 😢. Looking for some new recipes as chicken is getting old.

Thanks everyone! I’m over the Protein Shakes too but still try to drink 1/2 - 1 a day bc it’s the only way to hit my Protein goals. I’ve been eating oatmeal with PB2 mixed in for protein. chicken salad, eggs, avocado, sweet potato, lentil Soup, PB with 1/2 banana. tuna salad not agreeing with me. Have yet to venture on to fruits or many vegetables. Guess I will keep experimenting:-)

19 hours ago, Leanbean said:

I'm about to start week 8 (i think--lol July 16th was my surgery) and I eat pretty much anything I want.... in a healthy manner of course. Lots of eggs & eggwhites for breakfast....ALOT of grilled chicken for lunch and dinner. Sometimes cooked vegies on the side. I just started Cereal with non fat milk and added a little blueberries. I've had grapes and blueberries, unsweet applesauce and fruitcups with no added sugar... I've had low sugar oatmeal ... just bough turkey bacon and turkey sausage. I've only had one instance where I felt I was going to get sick, I don't over do it...all Portion Control and watching labels on the food I'm buying to make sure sugar and sodium is low. I drink alot of unsweet tea with lemon and add no cal sweetener or crystal light. I find I waste alot of food so to cook a meal is an event. Try not to eat out but I do not deprive myself and choose wisely on menu and find things that I can make 2-3 meals out of. Its very entertaining eating out because you say alot of hold this, I don't want that etc. For instance--- several of my fave go tos are eggwhite vegie wrap from dunkin donuts-160 cal and its perfectly portioned. Had a grilled chicken gyro from local diner--- i literally say no pita just put contents on the plate---its grilled chicken, lettuce, Tomato, onion with the sauce on. We get no drinks since we cant eat and drink at same time (get lots of looks from waitresses for this) and if it came with fries, its no thank you or i give them to my kids. Lasts me 2 meals :) I don't use butter... bought some heart healthy olive oil stuff and some sprinkle stuff that supposed to taste like butter both of which I don't even use very rarely. Protein Shakes I may still have one to get Protein in maybe twice a week. All my portions are small 1/4 cup on average and when I eat with coworkersthey laugh bc they blink and I'm finished my meal. I'm very fortunate to be able to eat how I do, I know some have difficulty.

On 9/2/2018 at 5:14 PM, soccrmom23 said:

about to start week 8 (i think--lol July 16th was my surgery) and I eat pretty much anything I want....

I'm on week 8 also (July 17), but can't have the variety yet that you do. I'm also in a stall that has lasted 2 weeks. Very frustrating and demoralizing. Always feel hungry, and nothing satisfies. Have never had nausea, vomiting, acid reflux. Long for caffeine and a real salad. I have a regular b'fast I've been on for over a year: 4 oz plain greek yogurt, 1/2 t Zing, 3 oz strawberries, rasp, or peaches. I add a scoop of Unjury plain so b'fst is a 31g Protein. I don't mind that every day. lunch is 4oz cottage cheese and V8+collagen protein = 27g protein. I can make a choc latte Protein Shake for 40 g protein, but I am so bored with it. So I am getting 98g protein per day and still feel empty and unsatisfied. I keep hearing that protein is the way to end cravings, and provide satisfaction. I wonder how much protein I need to get to that point, and when this stall will end. Bummed.

14 hours ago, nibble said:

I'm on week 8 also (July 17), but can't have the variety yet that you do. I'm also in a stall that has lasted 2 weeks. Very frustrating and demoralizing. Always feel hungry, and nothing satisfies. Have never had nausea, vomiting, acid reflux. Long for caffeine and a real salad. I have a regular b'fast I've been on for over a year: 4 oz plain greek yogurt, 1/2 t Zing, 3 oz strawberries, rasp, or peaches. I add a scoop of Unjury plain so b'fst is a 31g Protein. I don't mind that every day. lunch is 4oz cottage cheese and V8+collagen Protein = 27g protein. I can make a choc latte Protein Shake for 40 g protein, but I am so bored with it. So I am getting 98g protein per day and still feel empty and unsatisfied. I keep hearing that protein is the way to end cravings, and provide satisfaction. I wonder how much protein I need to get to that point, and when this stall will end. Bummed.

I wonder whether it is the lack of variety that is making you feel unsatisfied. I could not eat the same thing every day for that long and feel it, for sure. Why can't you have a variety of foods at this point? I'm on week 5 and my doctor just cleared me for everything except bread, refined sugars, alcohol, and carbonated beverages. I know every plan is different, but if you're in week 8, you should be able to eat a good variety now. That, combined with the protein, may help. Are you getting all your fluids in?

4 hours ago, sleevedllama said:

I wonder whether it is the lack of variety that is making you feel unsatisfied.

That is definitely a big emotional factor. I cannot eat most processed foods, or tolerate sweeteners other than stevia, which eliminates commercial Protein Drinks. I'm used to doing my own cooking and baking, which I love. I can have organic dairy, and got organic bouillon, and now organic V8. My program is very conservative: no caffeine or meat of any kind for 3 months. I have braved foods from the next stage by cooking potatoes and carrots in broth, which was heaven. And found a good bariatric broccoli cheddar Soup which is wonderful. Fortunately in a few days I can begin Stage 5, which means tuna, canned Beans, cheese, toast (yippee!), crackers, pita, tortillas, and then I can make the baked ricotta everyone raves about. I can be much more creative now with Soups and such. Still can't have eggs, poultry, beef, seafood, nuts, rice, Pasta, dried fruits or fruits with peels. Or coffee!! I was just whining a bit, and this too, shall pass. I was warned this 6-week Stage 4 would be the worst. What bothers me most is the 2-week stall. I've upped the Water, and changed the exercise routine so hopefully that will help. Thanks for your suggestions!

Whoa that's a rough one. That's the 1st I've heard of having to wait 3 months. That's gotta be hard to go through. Not that being allowed is like we get to indulge but damn. I feel for you.

10 minutes ago, J San said:

Whoa that's a rough one. That's the 1st I've heard of having to wait 3 months. That's gotta be hard to go through. Not that being allowed is like we get to indulge but damn. I feel for you.

@jsan You made me chuckle! Yes, dammitall, it sucks. But not for long. I keep having to tell myself "Everything's temporary." My mood is better today so I can say that with impunity. Hope it's all going well for you! It certainly LOOKS like you're doing well at 80# lost in what, just 2 months?? AWESOME!

I try to think about Tom Hanks living on that deserted island 4 yrs on a diet of fish and coconut (Cast Away).

Edited by nibble
typo