Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@Leanbean right now I am eating chicken Breast that I put in the food processor with a little mustard, onion chopped very fine and a tablespoon of relish for lunch. It is delicious lol. I also eat one scrambled egg with a tiny bit of mozzarella cheese and a little salsa for dinner. I’m still working on what to eat for Breakfast. I put the unflavored Protein Powder on everything.

I was sleeved 7/23. I have lost 24 lbs so far. Started soft foods this week. Haven't really had to puree my food. I make sure it is soft enough. I get full so quickly.

I was sleeved on 7/31 and my doctor cleared me to eat pureed and soft foods. I made a creamy crab dip that was so yummy. I've has some tuna salad too. I'm finding 2-3 tsp is pretty filling and tiny tiny bites. I'm still drinking 2 premier shakes daily so I can get my Protein requirements and trying hard to hit 64 oz of Water. I haven't started any exercise or walking yet b/c my big incision isn't healing so great and that part of my stomach is very red and a tiny bit tender. I started on antibiotics yesterday. Thursday, I'm going to start with my Multivitamins and Calcium to see how that goes. I'm finding that I get very tired very fast as well.

2 hours ago, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

2 hours ago, RobbieBG said:

Sleeved 7/18/18 lost 34 lbs so far. No regrets whatsoever!

That’s awesome! How’s your diet....what are you eating now?

Tomorrow I am allowed to eat regular beef, pork, lamb(not ground). Have been eating regular chicken, seafood, and fish since last week. Also can begin experimenting with different varieties of veggies, breads, cereals and grains. Will probably stick with a high Protein, low carb diet though

5 minutes ago, RobbieBG said:

Tomorrow I am allowed to eat regular beef, pork, lamb(not ground). Have been eating regular chicken, seafood, and fish since last week. Also can begin experimenting with different varieties of veggies, breads, cereals and grains. Will probably stick with a high Protein, low carb diet though

That’s awesome! Keep up the good work! I haven’t experimented with too many veges and breads yet but will start this week. Again, low carb high Protein.

My surgery was July 20th. I am down a little over 20 pounds and 8 inches overall. I hid a plateau that started after week one and ended this past weekend. l gained and lost the same five pounds which was frustrating. However, I am down a few more pounds from my lowest weight so I think I made it over that hump. I'm eating pretty much whatever I want want but I am sticking to easily digestible foods and I can only eat very small amounts. For example, we went to a Mexican restaurant with the family. I was only able to eat 2/3 of a soft taco. Instead of eating a basket of chips by myself I took 4 chips and broke them into small pieces and ate them slowly with the salsa and chatted. no one even noticed how little I was eating and I didn't feel deprived. It made me feel like I was back into the social groove; no funny looks and no questions and i was able to blend in. it was great. Best decision I ever made in my life.

@tracey1978 Good for you!! I did the same thing over the weekend. Went to an Irish pub with friends and ordered Shepard’s pie. I ate the mashed potatoes off the top and moved the rest of the food around with my fork :-) No one had any clue and I totally didn’t feel deprived. Whatever works!!!!! All the best!

Question for everyone- I’m 3 weeks out and at times I can only take 3 bites and I’m full. Other times (usually later in the day) I can eat 4 ounces easily - same food. I guess it’s part of the process??

1 minute ago, Leanbean said:

Question for everyone- I’m 3 weeks out and at times I can only take 3 bites and I’m full. Other times (usually later in the day) I can eat 4 ounces easily - same food. I guess it’s part of the process??

I find I can take in less in the am than later in the day. I'll have a scrambled egg for Breakfast and only be able to eat 3-4 bites. Later for lunch will have another scrambled and able to eat more than that. Wondering if maybe our stomachs get tighter while we sleep and stretch as we eat and drink during the day?

Surg 7/17. I 'm pretty much eating what I want, but I've been stalled for 2 weeks, which is frustrating! I'm going back to all Protein Shakes for a few days to see if I can shake things up a little.

@RobbieBG what's your cal count per day?

@nibble how are you doing?

Day 29 post-op. Down 30#. I have eaten foods that are on the next Stage 5 list because I couldn't stand it not getting any satiety or taste satisfaction. I've had a crackers, p butter, peaches, mashed potatoes and carrots. I am craving chicken, a salad, and a slice of homemade bread. I made pancakes with an egg, oats and cinnamon, and fake maple Syrup but it hit the spot. I'm reworking recipes to build in fewer carbs and more Fiber and Protein. Today I ate 2 roasted black cherries. So frickin' tasty. Have never had nausea/vomiting, but I do need a nap most every day. It's a lot of work coming up with a whole new menu of foods I can have in this new life (can't eat processed foods) but it's also a creative challenge. food is forever on my mind!! Tomorrow I will make marinara so I can try the Ricotta Bake so many are raving about here. We don't count anything but Proteins so far. But soon we will add in carbs. Thanks for asking! I haven't been on the forum as often lately... I do find I'm not jumping with excitement about the weight I've lost so far -- realized I'm feeling wary. I don't trust it yet - I know this weight loss road well and watched it boomerang so many times. I know it's totally illogical because of the surgery factor, but I'm still suspicious, if that makes any sense. I'm not ready to order the party hats after just one month. Looking forward to support group next week.

Hi all! I have not really been hungry. I have been struggling with getting enough food in because of this. Only eating 2 times a day. Only getting a few bites in and I'm done! I was out running errands and my daughter and I stopped at taco bell. I ended up getting a burrito with Beans, beef, sour cream, and nacho cheese. I barely got half of it in before my stomach gave me the signal to STOP!! It was so good that I didn't want to, but knew I HAD to. I haven't tried any veggies yet. Not even sure I can get any in! Lol! Anyone else experiencing this? Not to mention my taste buds are not the same.

Had surgery on July 25 and the last week I have not lost anything but still watching what I eat and just eating a few bites of my meals. I guess the 3 week stall is really. But i also feel that i have not lost much in total 20 pounds 10 pre and 10 post. Just keep telling myself this is more weight loss that i have seen in a long time. Just hoping that i start losing again and that this surgery was not done for nothing. Sorry just had to vent.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

49 minutes ago, newmeinfla said:

Had surgery on July 25 and the last week I have not lost anything but still watching what I eat and just eating a few bites of my meals. I guess the 3 week stall is really. But i also feel that i have not lost much in total 20 pounds 10 pre and 10 post. Just keep telling myself this is more weight loss that i have seen in a long time. Just hoping that i start losing again and that this surgery was not done for nothing. Sorry just had to vent.

I totally understand. I think I was expecting way too much from myself. My surgery was 7/20 and I had a stall for over two weeks. I just finally broke it Monday but then today of course I gained two pounds back. People tell me NOT to look at the scale but I feel like I have to. I've been trained to obsess over it. lol. I keep telling myself that my body has been thru a major change both physically and mentally. Its hard, but we need to be gentle with ourselves.

On 08/16/2018 at 09:06, newmeinfla said:

I had surgery same day as you. Lost a good bit that first week. Nothing the second. Now the scale seems to be moving slowly in the right direction. I’ve lost 26 total, including the pre surgery diet. Slow and steady is better but I understand the frustration. Follow your plan, walk/exercise as much as possible and it will happen. I read another post about take the stalls and think about it like your body is having to catch up.