Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I’m 9’ days post op and am literally tired of these pre made Protein shakes... they are upsetting my stomach more than anything... I already use lactose milk when I made my own... I don’t know it if I am going to be able to drink them post surgery... I drank them like crazy before surgery and now all these problems... pain gas bloating... makes me feel so miserable...

On 07/28/2018 at 17:44, Leanbean said:

Hi. I think I finally figured how to reply. I had my surgery the same date as you. When you swallow do you have pain right away that goes away? I’m getting that where as soon as something goes in my stomach, it’s an instant pain and then it stops. Almost discourages you from wanting to put anything else in there.

I am 4 days out (surgery 7/24) and have similar pains. After I take a sip, I feel it in my esophagus and chest area - not really stomach?? Weird, right? It goes away immediately. Its almost like something is caught in my chest. Only way I can describe. I did have some spasms as well, but they are definitely due to my incision sites. I figure that we have just put our body through a major surgery, there is definitely going to be some pain, soreness, moments of discomfort. My overall soreness has decreased, so am thinking/hoping that this discomfort decreases over the next few days as well. Day by day.......right now I just concentrating on getting my fluids in!!! Keep me posted as to how you are doing. All the best!

Yes! It comes and goes, right? Upper left hand side? I was able to get all 3 shake meals in today but everything else is tough. Good luck to you also

07/29/2018 02:09 AM, lizvirgo09 said:

How do you reply to someone?
You hold down on their message and hit quote. Took me a bit to figure it out as well 😊

On 07/28/2018 at 22:09, lizvirgo09 said:

How do you reply to someone?
Try holding down a word in their sentence until a box pops up and select quote and then type what you wanna say and send it

On 07/28/2018 at 22:12, lizvirgo09 said:

So I’m 9’ days post op and am literally tired of these pre made Protein shakes... they are upsetting my stomach more than anything... I already use lactose milk when I made my own... I don’t know it if I am going to be able to drink them post surgery... I drank them like crazy before surgery and now all these problems... pain gas bloating... makes me feel so miserable...
Stay strong. The 9th day was the hardest for me too. Tomorrow is my 14th day and surgery Monday. Make sure you drink lots of Water.

@lizvirgo09 use the @ and type the persons name. A drop down menu will pop up and you can either continue typing persons name or pick it from list if there are enough matching letters so it pulls it up.

Or you can click on the persons text, highlighting it ( You can pick part of the text as well, you don't have to pick it all). Another pop up will appear that says "quote". Click on that and it will put it in the respond window. Type response below it and submit.

On 07/28/2018 at 22:32, J San said:

@lizvirgo09 use the @ and type the persons name. A drop down menu will pop up and you can either continue typing persons name or pick it from list if there are enough matching letters so it pulls it up.

Or you can click on the persons text, highlighting it ( You can pick part of the text as well, you don't have to pick it all). Another pop up will appear that says "quote". Click on that and it will put it in the respond window. Type response below it and submit.

Thanks

@lizvirgo09 is your surgeon requiring the premade shakes? Mine made me buy a medically formatted one, but it’s powder so I can make it with almond milk or Water as I prefer. Just a few more days for this phase, you can do it! You may want to look at the Baripal store for items that you can use during your first 2-3 weeks post op and purchase now. I thought “ehh- no problem, I can get all these “approved” things from the grocery store”... turns out the sodium in the creamed Soups is crazy salty, I hate the fake sugar taste and thus hated Jello and popsicles, I love plain water but was craving flavor with it; it was a lot of complete opposite of what I had planned for. The Millie’s sipping broths and BariPal fruit mix is good, and @nibble posted a great post with info for some stuff. And use us! Everyone here is or has just gone through what you’re going thru!

On 07/28/2018 at 22:12, lizvirgo09 said:

I ordered some Protein packs from Unjury online. A friend had recommended them and I’m glad I did. The chicken Soup Protein Powder is delicious- better than just chicken broth. Much more flavor. They sell individual packets. They also sell unflavored protein packets which I plan on using in applesauce, oatmeal, etc. My first week is almost done and have been living on shakes, chicken protein packet, ice pops, Water and iced tea. You can do this! It is only for a short time :-) Best of luck.

On 07/29/2018 at 00:22, jamesdeen_84 said:

36 hours and counting. Starting to get nervous :51_scream:

It’s human nature to be nervous. I had super anxiety the few days leading up to surgery. Try and stay busy. I kept reminding myself of why I made this choice and that I was doing something for me- no one else. My health, my body, my mind, my future. Surgery is scary. It is normal to feel this way. When surgery is over you will feel so relieved and you will be well on your way to a new you!!! Remember to walk as much as you can in the hospital to reduce gas pains- even when you don’t want to. You can do this! Best of luck to you. Keep us posted!

Tomorrow is the big day!!! I'm excited, scared, nervous, sad, and happy all at once.

Best of luck to you. As everyone else will tell you on here walk as much as possible! You’ll do great!

Mine is tomorrow too!

On 07/30/2018 at 15:17, photogirl70 said:

Tomorrow is the big day!!! I'm excited, scared, nervous, sad, and happy all at once.

Best of luck! It will be over before you know it and on your way to a new you! You got this!