Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 hours ago, shrinking_wildflower said:

Physical pain. I have fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis too, I've had to come off the RA meds for surgery so I think both these things are in flare. I wanted to be off the endone by now but I'm not ready.

Thank you xx

Sent from my SM-N950F using BariatricPal mobile app

Ouch. You ARE coping with a lot. I'm missing my Celebrex for arthritis, but I suspect you're dealing with waay more. You've had to be one tough cookie, Wildflower. Are things any better today?

14 hours ago, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

Nibble Thanks. I am home. Was given meds to stop vomiting. No fever. Just nausea still and pain in my belly. I’m told it will get easier. Praying it does.

I’m glad you’re home and they gave you meds! In my pre op anesthesia advised I will have a nausea patch put behind my ear that should work for approximately 3 day’s. I’m hoping that will help.

Officially started my preop diet. Hoping to loose a good amount before surgery!! So far so good. I am prepared with lots of options. Between a busy weekend and VBS next week, I hoping they are a good distraction!! Hope everyone is doing well.

Almost go time!!! July 18th is my surgery date and here I am up as usual worrying. How do I know if my liver has shrunk enough for surgery?? I started the preop up diet on the fourth and I’m down roughly 12 pounds. I don’t have high cholesterol so I’m not sure. I don’t know I’m just worried cause it’s getting close and I’m worried it’s going to get taken away from me again.

Almost go time!!! July 18th is my surgery date and here I am up as usual worrying. How do I know if my liver has shrunk enough for surgery?? I started the preop up diet on the fourth and I’m down roughly 12 pounds. I don’t have high cholesterol so I’m not sure. I don’t know I’m just worried cause it’s getting close and I’m worried it’s going to get taken away from me again.
Hello! I had my surgery on July 3rd. I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and kidney problems. I had a 2 week pre op diet that consisted of 80 grams of Protein, a salad a day with fat free dressing, as well 2 cups of crunchy veggies and 1 cup of fruit if I wanted. For the most part I did great. I did have salad without fat free dressing and one day I had a bunch of taco bell which I know I shouldn't have but I was fine with having the surgery. I lost 14lbs pre op and I'm down 26lbs total from heaviest so about 12lbs since the surgery. When i doubt call your surgical coordinator. Mine was very helpful! Good luck! If you need any advice let me know!

Sent from my SM-J727T using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, Karie1275 said:

If you've lost 12 pounds already then your liver is quite likely shrinking, too. I wouldn't sweat it. Just keep doing what you're supposed to do and good luck on the 18th! You'll do great!

You’ll do great. Best of luck!

Another 7/17 here!!! Have been reading this forum for a few weeks but this is my first comment. Way to go for everyone who has already made it through surgery!

My pre-op diet has been 2 weeks of (3) shakes, 1/2 cup broth, and unlimited veggies, and 3oz chicken per day. I've been mostly hit with a few misses. Down 12 lbs so far. So, all of pre-op has been going well. I have my list of hospital stuff that I'll pack up tonight. I have read and reread over my week one and two post-op diet. But, I am getting nervous. It all seems too simple (post-op food, that is). My surgeon's office has provided me with post-op Vitamins (Bariatric Fusion) and (2) tubs of Protein Powder that they want me to start off with, Other than that, I've not done much shopping or prep. I'll have hubs grab the SF Jello/Popsicles and broth, Looks like I'll have a lot more shopping options for the full liquid and mushy state, but it also looks like these can be moved through pretty quickly, I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff that I only need for a few days. I have bought a handful of 4oz containers that have measurements on the side so I can make them as little as I need. I'm a big planner, so the apparent ease compounded with the importance of the surgery is putting me into a tail spin! :o

Dr. suggested a flashing water bottle to remind me to drink. Thoughts on the necessity? They are expensive and most seem to have not great reviews. I drink a ton of Water throughout the day, generally speaking I don't need help with getting 150oz in.

Maybe this would be better in the Bariatric Haul convo, I'll probably post there as well, but I'm curious about just what everyone here is doing/feeling!

37 minutes ago, lviz said:

I'm a big planner, so the apparent ease compounded with the importance of the surgery is putting me into a tail spin! :o

Me, too, Iviz! I cannot eat processed foods or sweeteners other than stevia and moderate amounts of sucralose, so I do a LOT of prep work and experimenting in kitchen labortory. Have been making/freezing chicken broth in the 2, 3, and 4 oz deli containers, and trying homemade Jello. I have a double-wall stainless 16-18 oz thermos with flip straw, a Nutribullet and a mini food processor. Love that Nutribullet for Protein Shakes. And I've used a food scale for years. I'm told cold liquids may not be tolerated as well as room temp, initially. I have four 16 oz Water bottles by Design for Living to fill each day to track my water intake goals. One gal used 1 oz plastic pill cups in hosp - fill 4 of them, and that's the goal for 15 min. If we have nausea/vomiting it could set us back from our daily intake goals. I packed my go bag last week, will double check it tonight. I am excited and looking forward to this surgery, but I will be a bit nervous the night before. Can't help it. Good luck to you!

Edited by nibble
typo

@nibblehave you found a good Jello recipe? I hate the fake sugar taste, and don’t really want my kids to eat it either.

11 hours ago, Karie1275 said:

My surgery is tomorrow and I’ve only lost approximately 10lbs on the 2 week liquid diet. so I don’t know if if it’s me, my body type or what but I hope everything works out ok too!!!