Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 6/14/2018 at 8:06 AM, peggilyn72 said:

I'm scheduled for my sleeve on my birthday July 10.

I'm scheduled for my birthday also! July 31. Good luck tomorrow!

On 7/5/2018 at 11:44 PM, familyfirst312 said:

My surgery & my 30th birthday are both on July 26th!!! Happy Birthday & I knew I wasn’t crazy kicking off my new decade with this surgery ❤️

I'm doing mine on my 41st birthday - the biggest present to myself. Happy Birthday!

I'm scheduled for July 24th. It's happening much quicker than I anticipated, but I guess that is a good thing.

On 07/06/2018 at 13:06, sdcheesehead said:

Hello @Faith 73, I also had my surgery on the 3rd. I keep hearing about these waist band and I so want one. I think it would help my new tummy heal and not hurt like a ..... Every time I get up or try to sleep. I'm getting my liquids/protein down ok and I've been walking every chance I get so I'm pretty happy about that. Just happy to finally be in the losers bench.
I’m curious about the waistband you are referring to. Is there a medical term for them?

abdominal binder, or compression, or brace. I just got one from braceability.com and it will do the job. I don't expect to need it more than a month, if that, but this one can still be used no matter how small you get. I got the Bariatric Surgery Abdominal Binder after Tummy Tuck, Gastric Bypass & liposuction on sale at $34.99, but they have several to choose from.

On 07/09/2018 at 22:50, heatherlarae said:

I’m curious about the waistband you are referring to. Is there a medical term for them?
Bariatric stomach abdominal binder search Amazon but some people said their hospitals gave it to them. I ordered one and it didn’t fit right so I sent it back.

Hi July Sleevers,

I'm new to this group. I had my surgery on July 3rd. I'm down 22 lbs total from heaviest until now. I really didn't have too much pain in the hospital and at home thank God. I do get nauseous. My biggest problem post op is getting enough Water and Protein. I think I'm going to go back to the Premier Protein since I got more protein per shake. I have a second follow up in 2 weeks to get off of the full liquid diet and move onto puree. I can't wait to be able to eat whole food again. I can pretty much only tolerate sugar free popsicles, light and fit greek yogurt, and fat free cottage cheese with Polaris all fruit and Protein Shakes of course. Any suggestions and tips because it's getting a little frustrating. I cant wait for the recovery to be over.

Hi everyone! I'm new here and am getting the sleeve on 7/17. Doing the pre op diet now (3 Protein Drinks and one small meal) and I'm not finding it too difficult but I am very tired and foggy. I'm sure it will pass but hoping it doesn't last too long. And of course I'm nervous about the actual surgery and recovery but trying not to think too much about it. Good luck to all the July sleevers!

Hello all, especially the birthday girl @peggilyn72.
This is my first post ever and it is from the recovery room at 6:45am 1 day post sleeve!
Good luck to everyone- it’s defo a bit rough the first few hours after the procedure but nothing you all can’t handle! Try and walk, drink those fluids, take your pain meds! Having a support group of family and friends (like all of you here) is a huge help!
I’m getting to bust outta this place soon and heading home....here’s to the next chapter!!

1 hour ago, CourtsinPDX said:

Hello all, especially the birthday girl @peggilyn72.
This is my first post ever and it is from the recovery room at 6:45am 1 day post sleeve!
Good luck to everyone- it’s defo a bit rough the first few hours after the procedure but nothing you all can’t handle! Try and walk, drink those fluids, take your pain meds! Having a support group of family and friends (like all of you here) is a huge help!
I’m getting to bust outta this place soon and heading home....here’s to the next chapter!!

Congrats on crossing over to the Post-Op Crew! I'm right behind you. LOL

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!

3 hours ago, ellebeekay said:

Hi everyone! I'm new here and am getting the sleeve on 7/17. Doing the pre op diet now (3 Protein Drinks and one small meal) and I'm not finding it too difficult but I am very tired and foggy. I'm sure it will pass but hoping it doesn't last too long. And of course I'm nervous about the actual surgery and recovery but trying not to think too much about it. Good luck to all the July sleevers!

I'm also on 7/17 and on a similar pre-op diet. It's not bad, and I really don't feel hungry much, even when my stomach growls. I, too, feel groggy and listless a lot. Glad to hear it is the norm. Had the phone appt with a nurse to go over meds to stop or continue and last minute instructions. I still need an EKG and blood work, and get a new C-PAP on Thurs. The time is going by fast for me, and I hope for you, too. Got my GoBag packed last week. I'm looking forward to this with excitement now, but know I will feel nervous the day of. Good luck to you!

My pre-pre-op diet consists on a much needed pedicure and hair appointment....6 days until liquids and 14 days until surgery!!!

5 minutes ago, jjacobs0816 said:

My pre-pre-op diet consists on a much needed pedicure and hair appointment....6 days until liquids and 14 days until surgery!!!

I am doing the same thing! Had to get the “roots” done before my surgery on the 18th. How every my MD said I only have to follow a liquid diet for 2 days prior to the surgery. Good Luck to you!

Ugh I'm a week post op and I still feel crap. Yesterday I kept crying. I absolutely need to stop comparing my recovery to others. Everyone seems to be springing about and I'm struggling to move. It's 3am, I've been up for a couple of hours and wishing so much I wasn't alone. It will get better I know, I just wish it would hurry up.

Sent from my SM-N950F using BariatricPal mobile app