Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 12th! Right around the corner.

checking in on those from surgery day yesterday!? AshAsh12 was the only name I could remember... Hope all is doing well so far. My pre-op diet starts on the 18th and surgery on the 25th. Nerves getting a little stronger.

I had mine done yesterday and was pretty out of it. I slept most of the day which I guess helps with the pain

5 minutes ago, ClarksvilleSleever said:

I had mine done yesterday and was pretty out of it. I slept most of the day which I guess helps with the pain

How are you feeling today? pain better?

Yes I am better today and yesterday wasn't even that bad really. I haven't had the gas pains that most people have. I'm really not sure why because that was my biggest fear. I was able to shower today. I just feel really hungry and I think that's what I keep feeling. I wasn't allowed to eat yesterday or today

8 minutes ago, ClarksvilleSleever said:

Yes I am better today and yesterday wasn't even that bad really. I haven't had the gas pains that most people have. I'm really not sure why because that was my biggest fear. I was able to shower today. I just feel really hungry and I think that's what I keep feeling. I wasn't allowed to eat yesterday or today

glad your pain seems to be minimal. Keep us posted on your progress!

Congrats @ClarksvilleSleever . That is so great your recovery is going so well!!!! Indeed keep up posted on your progress.

You should maybe make a separate thread so It's not mixed up and lost in this one.

Good luck @libbyleeb . I hope your nervousness subsides and all is well. I am sure your surgery will go just fine. Best of luck on a speedy and easy recovery!!!

On 07/03/2018 at 09:36, jjacobs0816 said:

checking in on those from surgery day yesterday!? AshAsh12 was the only name I could remember... Hope all is doing well so far. My pre-op diet starts on the 18th and surgery on the 25th. Nerves getting a little stronger.

Thank you the surgery went well!! Yesterday I was very sick with nausea and I even threw up once. I didn’t have any pain and almost no gas. Today I woke up with no nausea and still no pain but I do have some gas in my chest area! However it isn’t unbearable. The one down side of my day is that I had to try the swallow test a couple times and failed each time. For some reason the contrast is stuck in my esophagus and won’t move to my new sleeve. They say it can be normal because of swelling. Just talked to my surgeon for the first time since surgery and he seems very positive about it. So that you all for the well wishes!!

On 07/03/2018 at 09:45, ClarksvilleSleever said:

Congrats on your surgery yesterday! Mine was yesterday too! It sounds like we both lucked out! And here’s to an even easier recovery!!

After going through 2 programs in 2 years because of insurance issues and poor treatment, I FINALLY have a surgery date, July 30th! I love my doctor and his staff. They are the only people that have shown concern for my hernia repair. I’m current doing 2 shakes or meals and eating only 1 meal per day. I have a pre-op appointment on the 17th. Start my liquid only diet on the 23rd and surgery the 30th. I’m so ready to get to get this done!

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:24 PM, AshAsh12 said:
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:45 AM, ClarksvilleSleever said:

Congrats on your surgery yesterday! Mine was yesterday too! It sounds like we both lucked out! And here’s to an even easier recovery!!

I think I'm going to start a new thread :)

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:53 AM, J San said:

Congrats @ClarksvilleSleever . That is so great your recovery is going so well!!!! Indeed keep up posted on your progress.

You should maybe make a separate thread so It's not mixed up and lost in this one.

Great Idea

Good Luck to you!