Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 06/27/2018 at 18:39, shrinking_wildflower said:

Not long to go! Hang in there!

Sent from my SM-N950F using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you!! I’ve been waiting for this day since November so I am definitely ready! Now just figuring out how to prepare myself for the recovery period!

On 6/24/2018 at 12:41 AM, heatherlarae said:

July 16. I too have been going through the last supper eating. I start reduced calorie July 2.

Same day for me also! Just received my insurance approval yesterday... UHC only took 7 day’s. 3 day countdown until my liquid diet starts.

On 6/24/2018 at 12:57 AM, weirdlittlefox said:

July 16th for me too. I was having last suppers twice a day for two weeks. Now I'm on my pre-op diet (I started 2 weeks early) and am finding it to be easier than I thought, Still...roll on July 16th.

On 06/27/2018 at 21:59, stacy71 said:

Same day for me also! Just received my insurance approval yesterday... UHC only took 7 day’s. 3 day countdown until my liquid diet starts.

06/24/2018 12:57 AM, weirdlittlefox said:

July 16th for me too. I was having last suppers twice a day for two weeks. Now I'm on my pre-op diet (I started 2 weeks early) and am finding it to be easier than I thought, Still...roll on July 16th.

What’s your pre-op diet? I only ate like 650/700 calories today because I could only stomach half of the pudding (it’s like two cups) and I’m so full now that I don’t want my last shake which would probably bring me to 900 calories. I’m hoping tomorrow when I get hungrier I can eat all the pudding for that day. I ate the Soup which again was huge and I had a Protein Shake and a bar today. I had a diet Snapple and plenty of crystal light (I always drink lots of flavored water). Are there ways to eat pudding? Is there anything I can do with it? I can substitute some of them for shakes which is probably what I will do. But then that’s 3 shakes per day which is a lot of liquid. Hmm I’ll try the pudding again tomorrow. Ah! At least I’m super full.

5 minutes ago, Laura7 said:

What’s your pre-op diet? I only ate like 650/700 calories today because I could only stomach half of the pudding (it’s like two cups) and I’m so full now that I don’t want my last shake which would probably bring me to 900 calories. I’m hoping tomorrow when I get hungrier I can eat all the pudding for that day. I ate the Soup which again was huge and I had a Protein Shake and a bar today. I had a diet Snapple and plenty of crystal light (I always drink lots of flavored water). Are there ways to eat pudding? Is there anything I can do with it? I can substitute some of them for shakes which is probably what I will do. But then that’s 3 shakes per day which is a lot of liquid. Hmm I’ll try the pudding again tomorrow. Ah! At least I’m super full.

I don’t have to start the pre-op until 2 weeks out meaning the 2Jul, but... it’s a liquid diet. Which our doctor’s and dietitian’s have as: (see insert)

5 Protein Shakes a day, 8 cups of sugar free drinks/water (10 calories or less), unlimited sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jello and broth.

we are not allowed pudding or creamy Soups in the pre or post op diets.🙁

E91443AA-8AFD-433E-8923-A8397A018601.jpeg

3 hours ago, AshAsh12 said:

Hello July buddies!
My sleeve date is July 2nd! I have been doing a modified liquid diet since my program doesn’t require it. I have 4 1/2 days until my surgery and everyday I get more and more nervous! But I can’t wait!!

Wow, good for you. Do you have all the supplies you need lined up on the counter?! GoBag packed for hospital? I'm getting excited FOR you.

On 06/27/2018 at 21:33, nibble said:

Wow, good for you. Do you have all the supplies you need lined up on the counter?! GoBag packed for hospital? I'm getting excited FOR you.

I have broth, SF popsicles, SF Jello, Protein Shakes and a lot of water! I even bought a mini fridge to keep in my bedroom so my brother in law who lives with me and my hubby doesn’t have anything of mine! Is there anything else I might need?? I started my go bag for the hospital but so unsure of what to bring. I keep hearing that I won’t need much but don’t know what the most important things are! Thank you so much for your kind words!!

The hospital should give you a list of stuff for hospital. The list I was given includes deodorant, toothbrush/paste, Shampoo, soap (if you have a preferred brand/type), hairbrush/comb, non-skid slippers, contact/glasses case, (+ denture cups, c-pap machine if you use). Optional: own gown or pjs and robe, pillow, and really comfy clothes to go home in. Others on this site had good suggestions: lip balm, extra long phone charger cord, and one gal took a small clip-on fan as she was waay too warm and uncomfortable. Since I can't have sugar-free jello/popsicles, I am taking a few teabags - green, ginger, peppermint, and earl grey. Those were suggestions for easing nausea - ginger & peppermint. There are likely more suggestions I haven't run across yet. I will also take my pen & notebook to record pain, mood, and any other thing -- questions to ask, etc. I won't be able to remember much due to anesthesia, so jotting it down is best. I will also get a hospital visit from the nutritionist and just hope what she tells me will also be on a handout. Cool that you have your own private fridge!

On 06/27/2018 at 22:58, nibble said:

The hospital should give you a list of stuff for hospital. The list I was given includes deodorant, toothbrush/paste, Shampoo, soap (if you have a preferred brand/type), hairbrush/comb, non-skid slippers, contact/glasses case, (+ denture cups, c-pap machine if you use). Optional: own gown or pjs and robe, pillow, and really comfy clothes to go home in. Others on this site had good suggestions: lip balm, extra long phone charger cord, and one gal took a small clip-on fan as she was waay too warm and uncomfortable. Since I can't have sugar-free jello/popsicles, I am taking a few teabags - green, ginger, peppermint, and earl grey. Those were suggestions for easing nausea - ginger & peppermint. There are likely more suggestions I haven't run across yet. I will also take my pen & notebook to record pain, mood, and any other thing -- questions to ask, etc. I won't be able to remember much due to anesthesia, so jotting it down is best. I will also get a hospital visit from the nutritionist and just hope what she tells me will also be on a handout. Cool that you have your own private fridge!

Thank you so much Nibble! My hospital didn’t give me any lists so I very much appreciate you listing yours!! I will be bringing all of that stuff! Plus I love the notebook idea because I always forget things like that so easily and I definitely don’t want to this time!! I appreciate your time to explain that to me! 😆

19 hours ago, Drea225 said:

July 18th!!!! Just got the approval today. :)

Mine too. Sleeved twins!

Hello! My surgery is scheduled for July 12. I started the liquid diet today. It’s been a rough day, but staying positive and taking it one day at a time.

4 hours ago, AshAsh12 said:
16 hours ago, nibble said:

Thank you so much Nibble! My hospital didn’t give me any lists so I very much appreciate you listing yours!! I will be bringing all of that stuff! Plus I love the notebook idea because I always forget things like that so easily and I definitely don’t want to this time!! I appreciate your time to explain that to me! 😆

Three more items I forgot to mention: 1) Biotene Oral Gel - we will be dehydrated after surgery. The morning after, they will test me for any staple leaks; if OK, only THEN I can begin Sip&Chip (water & ice chips). Biotene is used to help against dry mouth from meds and I use it daily. 2) a few Q-tips - just in case, for whatever. 3) facial moisturizer and/or body lotion; again, we'll be dry dry dry and I hate skin itching...

5 minutes ago, JulesUp said:

Hello! My surgery is scheduled for July 12. I started the liquid diet today. It’s been a rough day, but staying positive and taking it one day at a time.

Jules, what's making it rough?

On 06/28/2018 at 15:42, nibble said:

Three more items I forgot to mention: 1) Biotene Oral Gel - we will be dehydrated after surgery. The morning after, they will test me for any staple leaks; if OK, only THEN I can begin Sip&Chip (water & ice chips). Biotene is used to help against dry mouth from meds and I use it daily. 2) a few Q-tips - just in case, for whatever. 3) facial moisturizer and/or body lotion; again, we'll be dry dry dry and I hate skin itching...

I did pick up some biotene spray! I saw that on here before that was one of my first things I went to buy! Thank you I hope that will work as well as the gel! And the rest I will put in my bag tonight when I get home from work!! My boss put me on the work schedule for this Sunday (the day before surgery) so I’m trying to get everything done tomorrow!! Thanks! 🌟