Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is day 9 of my pre-op Protein Shake diet and I’m down 12 pounds. Is it weird that I’m wondering if I should just keep doing this and skip the surgery? I’ve never lost weight so fast.

11 hours ago, nibble said:

I have a red notebook - 5x8 - fits in my bag, and I jot down thoughts and concerns and changing attitudes about this since January. Not a daily thing. I also started great quotes or mantras on post-its to put in kitchen, bathroom, anywhere - reminders and inspiration. I then set up a daily food journal -- my hospital has us track Protein, carbs and hydration. Forget calories and fat for now. Their philosophy is if you get adequate Protein, the rest will fall into place. I also got a 24 month calendar. This adventure requires jotting too many details to keep it all straight on my phone calendar. Guess I'm old school but life is now filled with one appt after another and seeing it all on one sheet of paper works best for me. I am impressed by you and others going through this while working. You are smart to do this before having children, just from an energy perspective. It's hard to carve out time to focus on yourself juggling the demands of family and work.

I like pen/paper too, I need to start doing this again. I LOVE the post it thing! Definitely going to start that!! I am also looking for books to help distract my mind from the thoughts of food. I have to say that food has consumed my life for FAR to long!

And I will continue journaling with you. I am transferring some of my,last postings from Bairiatric pal, I am like you , Old School , if I can see it on paper, I know it's real.

3 hours ago, libbyleeb said:

This is day 9 of my pre-op Protein Shake diet and I’m down 12 pounds. Is it weird that I’m wondering if I should just keep doing this and skip the surgery? I’ve never lost weight so fast.

Yeah, it's amazing! For me, based on 65 years of past efforts with different food plans, I know I couldn't keep it up on my own. I'd fall off the conveyor and then, game over.

1 hour ago, jjacobs0816 said:

I like pen/paper too, I need to start doing this again. I LOVE the post it thing! Definitely going to start that!! I am also looking for books to help distract my mind from the thoughts of food. I have to say that food has consumed my life for FAR to long!

Maybe you have lots of project ideas (like I do) that have never gotten off the ground. Those will occupy my time to an extent. But I realize it will take a lot of think time just doing what I have to be doing with pills, food, exercise, hydration, and keeping the stats for followup visits. This program is going to track me for 5 years, so new habits and ways of living will be embedded in my DNA. They are trying to make this program bullet proof, but I have to meet them halfway. I'm cool with that. Still, yes, get books or google topics that match your hobbies and interests and get lost in them. I mute food commercials and turn away or change the channel for a minute. Fie to evil commercials!

1 hour ago, Frustr8 said:

And I will continue journaling with you. I am transferring some of my,last postings from Bairiatric pal, I am like you , Old School , if I can see it on paper, I know it's real.

Good to meet you Frustr8. You seem to have acquired high rank and are a veteran on this site. You must have gathered a lot of wisdom on these topics over the last 3 years. Does your new way of living become second-nature at some point?

July 18th!!!! Just got the approval today. :)

Goody another July sparkler booked in, this is going to,be a great great month for bariatrics, isn't it?

1 hour ago, shrinking_wildflower said:

One week until surgery and one week of pre op down. I'm getting a bit of the 'what the hell am I doings' but as my dear old dad said last night "this will be great for you, you have tried everything going over the years and this will be the tool you need". IMG_20180628_065315_447.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950F using BariatricPal mobile app

Your dad is a wise man. Congratulations!!

Congrats Drea!!

2 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Goody another July sparkler booked in, this is going to,be a great great month for bariatrics, isn't it?

I picture an ever-growing exodus of the masses, making their way to hospitals across America by land and sea, on foot, by buckboard, mule and horse, auto, train, helicopter -- whatever it takes. July seems to be a full month!

It sure is! And I plan on closing July with a bomb! July 30th get here already!

Hello July buddies!
My sleeve date is July 2nd! I have been doing a modified liquid diet since my program doesn’t require it. I have 4 1/2 days until my surgery and everyday I get more and more nervous! But I can’t wait!!