Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have no pre-op diet other then Clear Liquids after 6am on Monday 6/9

I'm having RYN on July 31 2018

Proud to meet you and get to know you!

On 06/14/2018 at 09:31, JamJarGem said:

What are you guys doing for your pre-op diet? I started mine this week...a bit early but I was treating every day like it was the last supper so I thought "enough". Also, I'm having revisionary surgery as I already have a gastric band, so I want to make sure my insides are as prepared as can be :D I'm on milk and greek yoghurt. Day 4 and I'm finding it OK.

Jamjargem 😂😂😂 me too I was eating like I would never eat again so I’m like eff it, let me start lol. So far just sugar free popsicles, thin beef/chicken broth, Jello and Water. How about you?

Just submitted to insurance! Hoping for the week of July 24. Newton- Wellesley hospital in MA

Hi All... im scheduled for July 17th in NJ. I too do not have a pre op diet to follow... just eat “lite” the day before. I’ve been eating a ton and having “food funerals” I’ve decided to stop drinking alcohol and caffeine today in order to prepare...thinking about doing a liquid diet a week before just to get in the right mindset etc. July 4th will be very hard for me. Anyway just wanted to say Hi

food Funerals. Hmmm... I see certain foods on a temporary hiatus, some foods I willingly ditch, and other foods will be modified to fit a new lifestyle. I think about "Cast Away" and Tom Hanks' 4 years of fish and coconut. I don't like either one of those things, but if stranded on a desert isle I'd have to adapt or die. That's it. How do those with food allergies look at things? Do they spend their days wishing for Peanut Butter, strawberries, or shellfish? We all are making a huge investment in better futures for ourselves. There HAS to be satisfaction and happiness other than food in our lives.

Edited by nibble
wordsmithing

I have my pre-op "liver shrinking diet" starting 2 weeks before my scheduled surgery of 7/25/18. It basically consist of 3 high Protein Shakes less than 200 calories, 2 high Protein Snacks and 1 high protein meal. If I were to do the meal for dinner for example, it should be something like 6 oz. of lean protein (chicken, fish or pork), 2 cups raw or cooked non-starchy veggies and then 1/2 cup of starch like a potato. and if wanted 1/2 tsp. pf fat.

Went to Jenkinson's Boardwalk in Point Pleasant, NJ yesterday with my hubs and 2 year old son and had my own "food funeral" of the bad beach foods! The struggle is all to real!

July18th in Southern Illinois!

My sleeve is July 5th and my birthday is July 23rd. We have lots of July sleevers and I'm so happy to be here with all of you!

I am July 2nd

I feel you! I’m July 30 for gastric bypass and I feel like I’m so close and yet so FAR!

I’m scheduled for July 10, too! Started pre-op diet last week. Rough 4-5 days of major sugar detox, but feel much better now and glad to have gone through it. Only lost 3 lbs so far on this diet which is ridiculous lol... here’s hoping the surgery helps me lose more!

July 25th here (this is also my first post ever!) I have to do liquids one week out with clear liquids the day prior to surgery! Ive already started to incorporate liquids for at least one meal a day sometimes two. I have cut out carbonated drinks completely. Im excited for my nutrition class coming!