Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you purchased any goal clothing for after surgery?

I ran across some super cute swimsuits yesterday. They didn’t have any in my current size but since they are on sale I’m considering buying one in a size I think might fit me next summer.

Anyone else bought clothing that you’re hoping will fit as you work towards your goal?

I've bought a few things, mostly at Goodwill or on clearance for just a few bucks. I also have some items that are hand-me-downs from friends/family members, including a couple who have also had bariatric surgery.

I bought a medium dress because it was on sale for $6 , at that time I was still in a 2x but I figured I would fit it eventually. I now comfortably fit it.

Yeah it’s tricky with a swimsuit because I can only really wear it next summer so I have to try and guess what size I’ll be. Lol

I just did this last night!
There were some t-shirt dresses that I loved at J Crew, but the colours I wanted only came in large, and I wear an extra large. My revision surgery is in early July, so I hope it was a safe gamble...fingers crossed that between my pre-op diet and a bit of post-surgery weight loss, I will fit into them before summer is over!

I found a swimsuit I just love at Target and thought about buying it for next summer, too. Like you, I'm not sure what size to get! I'm glad to see other people buying smaller clothes in advance though. I may do that when I get a good find on clearance.

4 hours ago, Love2Travel816 said:

I found a swimsuit I just love at Target and thought about buying it for next summer, too. Like you, I'm not sure what size to get! I'm glad to see other people buying smaller clothes in advance though. I may do that when I get a good find on clearance.

Yeah this is a tough one. My current swim suit is an XXL and it's tight. I don't want to go too low in size so I was thinking about maybe getting a large.

Sounds like a good possibility for you💙 Y Lime👙

I bought a skirt in a size 8!! I’m currently in an oxygen depriving 14.

I haven’t bought any clothes yet but I do have a bag full of nearly new, much smaller clothes that I used to fit into that I can’t wait to fit into again!

I haven't. I have no idea how far I'm going to end up going. Right now I'm in the process of still trying to wear the larger clothes while I shrink so I don't have to keep buying more damn clothes! From a 50 waste to a loose 42 now... I'd hate to start converting all my sizes over to 42's and then have all of them end up too big!

Edited by Matt Z

I had a goal shirt in my closet I was never able to wear. It was a T-shirt I bought when I went to a Red Sox game a few years ago. I was very naive to think it would have fit back then. I remembered thinking before I had surgery, that I hope I get small enough to wear this. Sure enough, I tried it on last week. It's almost too big. Such a good feeling!

I have a Delta Downs t shirt I won in a limerick contest 6 years ago. If anybody wants to know Delta Downs is a thoroughbred racing trade,in Western Louisiana but still close,enough to border to be Houston Texas. metro area. When they told me I was a winner I ordered as,large a shirt as they came. Alas God, heredity and hormones plumped me up bigger than it is. Oh but soon and very soon the shirt and I will have a meeting and it will slip on and fit! Power to the Plump Princess who is going to become Ms. Truly Fitbit,someday !👕

I like to window shop, but I am way too afraid of jinxing myself to actually buy anything smaller than my current size.