Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you purchased any goal clothing for after surgery?

I need to! Today at work, my boss told me that my dress looked like a “damn mumu” on me and that I should throw it away. [emoji37][emoji23][emoji19]

I have thought about this a LOT too. In some ways I’m lucky because I have been such a yo yo dieter for so long that I have a good amount of clothes for the first 50 pounds, including some things I’d bought as goal clothes then and never managed to clean out of my closet.

I’ve been tempted when I see things on sale, but I haven’t yet. A big regional department store is closing all its stores (herbergers) and I’ve been thinking about going and picking out some super clearance items for goal clothes!

Okay now I want to go on a goal clothing shopping spree...hopefully I don’t go too crazy! Going to try to stick to just one or two things on sale!

I bought one shirt prior to surgery that I now fit in (just posted about it in NSV). I bought a second shirt while traveling a European women’s 12 (stunning white silk) that I have hanging up where I can seen it daily. I might not be able to fit into it until after I deal with my bat wings (the slowest lace I’m loosing).

I haven't been shopping in a store but my roommate was going through her closet since we're moving and I got a bunch of stuff from her lol. Highly recommend taking your skinny friend's clothes! Easy on the wallet and you already have an idea what it looks like.

Yes I had to stop All of the local Walmarts had super low clearance like 1.00 for a pair of jean shorts on summer stuff so I racked up and photographed it all how I look in it now and ill do before and afters on my instagram page.

Sent from my LG-G710 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 08/22/2018 at 02:03, GINAGINA317 said:

Yes I had to stop All of the local Walmarts had super low clearance like 1.00 for a pair of jean shorts on summer stuff so I racked up and photographed it all how I look in it now and ill do before and afters on my instagram page.

Sent from my LG-G710 using BariatricPal mobile app

Great idea!!

I wonder if I will be smaller for Halloween ? Wal-Mart is already putting out their t-shirts . Some of them actually have cute sayings on them. Hmmmm I'm a 24-26 now, could I be a 20 in time? If not, maybe by Christmas? How Low can she Go? Stay tuned folks for the Update!👕👚🎽👖

On 08/29/2018 at 02:10, Frustr8 said:

I wonder if I will be smaller for Halloween ? Wal-Mart is already putting out their t-shirts . Some of them actually have cute sayings on them. Hmmmm I'm a 24-26 now, could I be a 20 in time? If not, maybe by Christmas? How Low can she Go? Stay tuned folks for the Update!👕👚🎽👖
🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

image-0.00107288360595703.jpg

Well I have enough clothes in various sizes to closet shop for 80 pounds. But I did buy my favorite work slacks in several sizes so I can always have pants that fit me.

My wedding dress. Surgery is Dec 12th and we are planning a new years day wedding for 01 01 2020 fingers crossed.

I didn’t want to jinx myself by getting anything too small. The smallest I’ve been as an adult is a size 16, so the thought of buying anything smaller than that is crazy town to me!

I did buy one cute shirt at a consignment store that is a little too small at the moment. I also picked up a couple blouses at Target that ended up being a size too small, but I didn’t return them, because I know they will fit soon.

I’m trying to acquire things as needed. Today I bought three new bras, because they were on sale at LB for $20 and well- I didn’t have any real bras left that fit (I’ve got some lounge ones, but they don’t lift things much.. 😂). I’ve got picked up one pair of jeans in my current size.

I’m sure once I stop losing my shopping will be out of control! But in the meantime- I’m trying to be financially conservative and make things last a few sizes, not over shop, and looks for deals.

I was on zulily, which is very affordable, looking at some cute fall/winter clothes. Sleeve is scheduled for Oct 1 and I’m a 2-3x now so I bought a 1x.. hope I can wear them this coming season!

I made the most terrifying purchase of my life, having to guess my size for my wedding dress that I will be wearing 7 months from now!
I also bought some clearance summer clothes a size or 2 down for April for our honeymoon since I won’t be able to find summer clothes at that time in the northeast US.
Crossing my fingers and trying not to stress!