Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Diet Starts Now!!!

Ok folks. It has begun. I had my "last" meal last night and started the all liquid pre-op diet today. It wasn't bad. As long as I drank a Protein Shake every 3-4 hours I had no hunger.

I'm one week in to the preop diet. I'm just used to being hungry now. Make sure to drink enough Water. I didn't yesterday and I felt like crap. You can do this!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks Trixie. I noticed when I am at work I am not hungry. The second I get home and have time to think I am hungry. :-(

YOU CAN DO IT !! Take a walk, go to the beach, people watch, read magazines about health and fitness, because thats gonna be you soon!! I remember I lost 17 lbs before my surgery, then another 7 or 8 after...then it slowed down for a while then again it begins to fall off...congrats on you decision to better health!

Hi Mav2126 - how are you getting on? I started my pre op diet today and I’m struggling! I’m 8 hours in and hungry and weak! Does it get better?! Would love to know how yours is going!

I think it is still hard. I am on 6th day and it is still hard. But I have stuck to it and have had zero cheating and I will continue to stick with the program. Sorry to hear you are struggling. Stay strong.

Thanks! Well done - 6 days in is wonderful! You’re doing very well! I’m sure it’ll get better with time... we can only hope! How long until your surgery? I guess it’s harder when you have free time... I need a new hobby!

Thanks! Well done - 6 days in is wonderful! You’re doing very well! I’m sure it’ll get better with time... we can only hope! How long until your surgery? I guess it’s harder when you have free time... I need a new hobby!
The pre op diet is harder than recovering from surgery. It's all mental... hang in there and the outcome will be wonderful.

Sleeved on April 25, 2018
HW: 258
SW: 238
CW: 219
GW: 165

That makes me feel so much better about the surgery, thank you!!
Mostly, the liquid diet is to shrink your liver for surgery. You don't want to get there and they have difficulty reaching your stomach. When I found this out, it made me not want to cheat.

Holy Shi*T.. I just counted the days and realized I have 9 days until I have to start mine and my heart dropped. I don't think I'm worried about the diet itself but the fact that It's that much closer to surgery day.

Best of luck to you that are doing the diet now. Stay strong!!!!

Its the end of my 7th day and I am still alive. I think you do get used to being hungry between drinking shakes. Only 7 more days to go and then it is off to surgery. I took 2 weeks off from work but I hear some people are fine in a couple of days. I hope that will be my experience.

Its the end of my 7th day and I am still alive. I think you do get used to being hungry between drinking shakes. Only 7 more days to go and then it is off to surgery. I took 2 weeks off from work but I hear some people are fine in a couple of days. I hope that will be my experience.
Hang in there! I could've gone back in a week, but I took two weeks off to make sure I felt my best. Good luck

I’m finishing day 8 of my pre-op liquid diet. Day one was a little hard but I took the dietician’s advice and just kept sipping Water throughout the day. I had broth a lot as well. I expected a headache but didn’t get one. By day 3 things got a lot better. I’m less hungry, just bored of the choices.

Today I noticed I’m having some brain fog. Probably lack of calories!!

I’ve lost 14 lbs on this diet - mostly undoing my “last supper” damage done in the last few days, but I’ll take it!

Surgery is on Friday. Scared but also so ready to get this done.

I’m finishing day 8 of my pre-op liquid diet. Day one was a little hard but I took the dietician’s advice and just kept sipping Water throughout the day. I had broth a lot as well. I expected a Headache but didn’t get one. By day 3 things got a lot better. I’m less hungry, just bored of the choices.

Today I noticed I’m having some brain fog. Probably lack of calories!!

I’ve lost 14 lbs on this diet - mostly undoing my “last supper” damage done in the last few days, but I’ll take it!

Surgery is on Friday. Scared but also so ready to get this done.

Congratulations.