Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to GAIN weight

I have never thought I would ever struggle to gain weight. I had MGB 2.2 years ago and had a healthy stable weight for so long. Last month I’ve been battling divorse and within 4 weeks I lost 7 kg’s and I’m at a scary weight right now. I ordered a pack of nestle boost very high calorie drink with 530 calories per pack. Thought that might solve the problem! It says it’s lactose and gluten free but it gave me the worst diarrhea ever. Apparently the fat content is very high! Now does anyone know how I can increase my calorie intake and gain weight back! Does anyone know of a high calorie drink that is MGB friendly! I am unable at the moment to just eat more so I need calorie packed drinks

I hate to say it, but any drinks with that many calories are likely to cause dumping. I do hope that your stress level goes down soon. ((hugs))

I'm so sorry for all the stress you have bee through, and I'm sending a hug and support!

I imagine it must be scary to have out-of-control weight loss, too--I have never experienced that myself! But honestly, I bet you will gain that back in no time. I have sadly had many girlfriends who drop weight when their marriages end, but the return to normal pretty quickly. With all that you have going on, I truly don't think you need the extra stress and I also fear that messing around with trying to gain will cause problems in the end. It's such a delicate balance.

I don’t have suggestions for a drink but I will say if you normally eat low fat, or reduced calorie items maybe try eating the full calorie version.

So if you normally eat low fat cottage cheese, swap for 4% milk fat. If you normally eat no fat yogurt, find some whole milk variety. Add some healthy nuts in your diet if you tolerate them. Things like that could help you maintain maybe?

Have you considered speaking with a counselor to help with the stress of the divorce? My counselor helped me tremendously during mine. Or maybe consider talking to your nutritionist or dietician? I’m sorry I don’t have any quick fix answers for you, and I hate to hear that you’re going through this.