Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Real talk....When Am I allowed to have a taco salad ?

Silly question I know, I half way joking, but I still want to know.

How soon after surgery were you able to eat a taco salad?

(No sour cream or guacamole). Just lean ground beef or turkey, lettuce, Tomato, onion and a pinch of cheddar cheese.

When you ready to eat reg food. I eat about my 3 months

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

For the record this is not me saying you should eat tacos all the time , Eat junk and skip the healthy food. This is Just simply a question. (I’ve seen some judgmental replies on post that ask questions like mine.

Every surgeon is different, but I was allowed ground beef before week 4.

11 minutes ago, FabulousFun87 said:

For the record this is not me saying you should eat tacos all the time , Eat junk and skip the healthy food. This is Just simply a question. (I’ve seen some judgmental replies on post that ask questions like mine.

#RealTalk....lol... u gotta be from Texas too....lol....... and #SquareBiz.... 🌮 🥗 sounds great right now....

Lol Houston here

Just followed you....lol...

I totally eat that all the time! Sometimes I use a chili con carne/ground beef meat (homemade with lean meat), sometimes some shredded chicken with taco seasoning. Then I throw it over lettuce and tomatoes. Maybe add some corn or black Beans. I think this is a pretty healthy meal. I’ll even do a bit of guacamole or cheese once in a while. (Full disclosure, I do a low carb, high Protein, medium - high fat type diet). When I have to eat out, I often order some version of this. I never have rice, tortillas or sour cream but the rest is fine if you ask me.

I was eating puréed beef chili and taco Soup from like two weeks. It’s high protein and my nutritionist showed me recipes! It took a little while longer to be ready to eat lettuce.

Honestly, you really can eat some version of most foods that you used to love. I have bun less burgers and Pasta made with zucchini noodles, casseroles and stirfrys with cauliflower rice. Don’t be scared to mess around with healthy versions of your old favorite recipes!

5 hours ago, FabulousFun87 said:

Silly question I know, I half way joking, but I still want to know.

How soon after surgery were you able to eat a taco salad?

(No sour cream or guacamole). Just lean ground beef or turkey, lettuce, Tomato, onion and a pinch of cheddar cheese.

Actually guacamole is fine... healthy fats and all.

@Matt Z- Lol I just don’t like guacamole or sour cream :-)

1 minute ago, FabulousFun87 said:

@Matt Z- Lol I just don’t like guacamole or sour cream :-)

Gottcha! And here I thought it was a health choice LOL (I'm not a fan of either myself)

I think it’s amazing how different surgeons have different rules and regulations it seems that it should be about how he killed the stomach would be in a certain amount of time as to what food you’re allowed some to puréed some to liquid some allow meat Right away

The biggest "problem" with your taco salad will be the lettuce and tomatoes. Once you can handle them, the rest is fine.

Lettuce is still an issue for me at 7 months....the rest is fine, and no soft shells - too Gummy. Tomatoes - no problem - and I would seriously cry if I could not tolerate tomatoes.