Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I ate at Burger King yesterday

On 6/10/2018 at 7:48 PM, Creekimp13 said:

love this diet because it's livable.

And SUSTAINABLE! 😊👍🏽

On 6/10/2018 at 7:48 PM, Creekimp13 said:

You won't lose weight screaming fast like keto...but you will lose weight safely and steadily and not feel hungry or deprived.

And have better breath. Lol

1 hour ago, Newme17 said:

And have better breath. Lol

Yeah, I never got that thing about how bad breath and BO is supposed to make you lose weight faster ("that's the smell of burning fat!" no, that's the smell of not eating your vegetables.) I get the ketones thing, but I always tested postive for ketones in the lab tests while I was losing (duh - I was using up my stored fat) but I always had a (reasonably) healthy balance in my diet and never agonized over carb counts. I was still having to slow my loss rate at six months without the help of fad diets.

@Losebig - Wendy’s has fab bean and mince chilli. I love it occasionally because my wife is vegetarian. I buy a big one, and freeze it in 1/2 cup portions. The Wendy’s website gives nutritional breakdown - I don’t have it regularly (I love cooking these days) but it is a great occasional treat - where I really feel like I am treating myself!

(Sometimes I add Sriracha, or sliced jalapeños or chilli flakes, before freezing!)

Edited by Biddy zz

Kids' meals are always a good option, too. I can eat an entire kids' cheeseburger from Wendy's with no problem. Can't do more than a few fries, if any, though.

I basically have been doing a high Protein low carb diet. I am a week shy of 3 months post-op. I had a few sips of wine for the first time while meeting another member from here not too long ago. I have only eaten out maybe twice. Socializing is hard for me.

2 minutes ago, madscientistmommy said:

Did you eat the bun?

I didn’t.

I think @Creekimp13 did.

Already answered that. LOL. Yes, I did. My diet allows 75 naughty "sweets" calories per day. I used them on the white bun. (and yes, know it's junk...not a typical choice for me, I always do whole grain Buns at home).

My diet is not carb restricted. I eat a ton of carbs. But I do not typically eat white breads, refined stuff or more than 75 calories worth of sugary stuff per day.

I have a great Nutritionist...
She taught me a good healthy diet format. I do it by servings....Daily 5 Protein, 4 Veg, 4 starch, 3 fruit, 2 Dairy and 2 Fat ......i List everything I eat ina chart form...
Bk. 1/2 cup special K = 1 (3 Carbs)
1 cup milk = 1 (1 Dairy)
1/2 banana = 1 (1 Fruit)
lunch 1 cup salad. 1 (3 Veg)
5 crackers. 1 (2 carbs)
2 oz turkey 2 (3 protein)

Each number in parentheses tells me how many more servings I have for the day....keeps me on track for 1000 calories a day

Golfgal...that looks very balanced and sensible:)

nice choice ck13 :)

For me, finding healthy ways to eat out with family/friends at times is a good thing and part of our lifestyle .I'm glad I can tolerate the food, eat a lot less and only sip Water until food arrives and don't feel deprived. I take my Breakfast and lunch to work every day and we cook a healthy dinner most days (really my husband mostly cooks for us lol)...I don't always make the best choices but I am doing so most of the time and I'm good with that. My surgeon also suggests more of a balanced type diet vs diets that severely limit all carbs as it's probably not sustainable for most of us long term. I also don't feel well on diets that cut food groups especially now that my broken foot is healed and im back in the gym 6 days a week...

However, I do understand others being more vigilant with things being a slippery slope for them. I will never allow myself soda again. It was my biggest indulgence and even though I would give it up for a year or months at a time, I always went back to that addiction and it's just horrible for me, with no redeeming qualities at all. Most days I don't miss it but on a day where I'll be on a plane and straight water is tough to drink for me, I would love a soda but won't do it...too addicting. I now mainly drink heavily watered down G2 when not in the gym drinking water (after my morning coffee).

18 hours ago, abefroman329 said:

Kids' meals are always a good option, too. I can eat an entire kids' cheeseburger from Wendy's with no problem. Can't do more than a few fries, if any, though.

I hate french fries now! To me they taste awful.