Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2018 losers bench

I had my surgery 6/5 and I feel good so far! My highest recorded weight was 256.12 lbs. The day of surgery after following the 10-day liquid diet I was down 13.8lbs. I was diagnosed with NALDS last fall. Hopefully The RNY will help me with my other commobidities. Please share your journey on this thread with words of encouragement and support.

Mine was 4 June. My heaviest is what I was on day of surgery. Over the past 18 months I gained 20kgs (44 pounds).

Im feeling great so far but am staying off the scales until the 30 June. I’m concentrating on Water & Protein intake for the first month. I know I’ll drop weight as I’m not eating a lot.

I’m meeting with my nutritionist next week to talk about calorie & protein goals for my soft/mushy food stage.

im looking forward to seeing everyone meet their goals

I had the sleeve surgery on June 5. I weighed 222lbs that day, my heaviest was 247 in January. I lost 13 pounds by myself and then 12 on the liquid diet. I threw my scale out before the liquid diet so I won't obsess with it. I am meeting my nutritionnist next week and i will weigh in then.

I am curious about what you're eating at that point.

Sent from my LG-H831 using BariatricPal mobile app

I got sleeved June 6th!! I’m feeling much better today!! Energy is slowly coming back!! I have to do 21 days of liquids. Can’t tolerate much but I stick to what is working.

I’m on the liquids til Saturday, I’m thinking about what to have as my first meal for lunch on Sunday. ATM it’s going to be a little pork mince and refried Beans. The rest of the family will be having burritos or something to use up the rest of what I cook up.

During my liquids phase I generally have a Protein smoothie (aka shake) for Breakfast, broth or thin Soup for lunch and diner. My deserts consist of protein Jello. I’m also drinking lots of Water and have a daily skim latte.

Im really hoping my soft/mushy phase goes as well, I’m having no issues with any fluids and feel great.

I am super paranoid about drinking water though. I set myself 3 goals per day that I try to meet, 750ml before 12pm, then 750ml by 5pm and then another 750ml by 10pm. If my urine looks yellow I drink some more lols

Wow pearldrop you're doing great with Water. I am really jealous of your daily coffee. I can have Decaf in 3 days. It's starting to be a long time, especially because I feel so low energy.

I am on semi-liquid now so I am allowed soft rice crispies in milk for breakfast. I have 1/2 cup of Protein Shake for snack or yogurt and Soup for lunch or dinner. I also like frozen shakes for dessert or snack.

That’s fantastic charlotte0606, about the dress not the choking lols

I’m doing great. Had my check up with the Dr today and he’s really happy with my progress. 3 of my 5 incision marks are almost gone! I’m a really good healer😀. I have been rubbing bio oil on my body every few hours since the surgery so I think that’s helping.

Ive recovered from surgery, can’t believe it was only last week!

That’s fantastic charlotte0606, about the dress not the choking lols
I’m doing great. Had my check up with the Dr today and he’s really happy with my progress. 3 of my 5 incision marks are almost gone! I’m a really good healer[emoji3]. I have been rubbing bio oil on my body every few hours since the surgery so I think that’s helping.
Ive recovered from surgery, can’t believe it was only last week!
Well done ! You ARE a fast healer! I hope the diet is going just as well. Are you on purees ?

I just had my staples removed today and most of my incisions are far from gone. I think I move a little too much with my 2 year old.

Mine are not truly visible but itch sometimes lol I need to find something to use!

Sleeved 6/1: weight at start of 2w pre-op 286, today 256.

On 16/06/2018 at 3:34 AM, charlotte0606 said:

Well done ! You ARE a fast healer! I hope the diet is going just as well. Are you on purees ?

I just had my staples removed today and most of my incisions are far from gone. I think I move a little too much with my 2 year old.

I started purée today. So far the diet is going really well. I’m being careful with my pouch, but so far so good. I’m back to work tomorrow and looking forward to getting back to a routine.

My surgeon closed with dissolvable stitches, prior to the op we discussed his technique and I saw a previous patients scars 10 weeks out, he is very neat.

He made 5 marks, 3 of which are less than 0.5cm - there’s are the ones that have pretty much gone. The other 2 are about 3cm in length, they will take a bit longer to fade.

Are you using anything? My surgeon recommended Vitamin E cream and/or bio oil. It’s working a treat.

I started purée today. So far the diet is going really well. I’m being careful with my pouch, but so far so good. I’m back to work tomorrow and looking forward to getting back to a routine.
My surgeon closed with dissolvable stitches, prior to the op we discussed his technique and I saw a previous patients scars 10 weeks out, he is very neat.
He made 5 marks, 3 of which are less than 0.5cm - there’s are the ones that have pretty much gone. The other 2 are about 3cm in length, they will take a bit longer to fade.
Are you using anything? My surgeon recommended Vitamin E cream and/or bio oil. It’s working a treat.
I do not put anything on my incisions because they are still covered at the moment, except for one (this one is healing great). In fact, I might have a start of infection in one so I am going to the clinic tomorrow :(

Good luck for your return to work tomorrow ! Hope everything goes smoothly.

8 hours ago, charlotte0606 said:

I do not put anything on my incisions because they are still covered at the moment, except for one (this one is healing great). In fact, I might have a start of infection in one so I am going to the clinic tomorrow :(

Good luck for your return to work tomorrow ! Hope everything goes smoothly.

I hope it isn’t an infection, please take care and let me know how it goes