Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, Lock down the guys/gals rooms by gender!!

If business economics don't play a role in locking down the veteran's board why should that be a factor in locking down the guys n gals boards? Otherwise it would be one board titled, 'all those intimate questions'. It appears the original concept of them was to make separate boards, and use the honor system as regulation and as shown that is not really working as planned.

On 6/11/2018 at 12:55 PM, Sosewsue61 said:

If business economics don't play a role in locking down the veteran's board why should that be a factor in locking down the guys n gals boards?

Because whether or not a person is a weight loss veteran is quantifiable and provable....and not political.

What gender a person identifies as is more of a gray area, could be legally be construed as a buisiness discriminating.....and is very political.

This is why "business economics" could play a role in one, but not the other.

Edited by Creekimp13

Are we talking about a person that identifies as a female but anatomically is a male or vice versa or what?

Example - an obese man that has lost all the excess weight might have questions about getting his sagging ball sack lifted because now he sits on it and it causes extreme pain. A person that has transitioned from female to male isn't likely to have a lot of excess skin there - (at least not in the same way and those new balls do not function the same way either - getting tight with arousal, etc) (unless maybe they gained weight after transitioning then lost weight again).....soooo even though the person has transitioned, they could partially answer.

And no woman can answer at all. It seems like the women violate the guys room more than vice versa.

But if the person transitioned and already registered as the gender they would have access to it anyway. It's not my business if a person transitions, if that makes them happy - good.

There is also no way there can be agreement on this subject, nor the likelihood of our opinions influencing the moderator on it. I still doubt it would impact the bottom line. Time to move on.

My personal feeling...is that the honor system is good enough for a free message board on a site which has the primary purpose of selling bariatric products. A couple more reminders here and there if people continue to violate suggested protocol...seems like the wisest course of action. (to me)

That said, I don't participate in gender restrictive rooms because I think they're kinda stupid in 2018....so it doesn't affect me.

I was just pointing out that it is a potential legal civil liberties issue...because I like the site, and believe there is enough volatility among the membership to red flag a potential legal issue with gender exclusions. (if your purpose is to sell stuff...err on the side of caution and avoid this nonsense...hell, i'd avoid "gendered" rooms all together)

A good business model would be to weigh the business generated by these rooms against their maintenance, controversy, and potential problems. Are they worth it? Maybe they are. I don't have enough data to know.

Either way....it ain't up to me. And I'm glad of that.

I’m sorry chiming in here I’m gender non inanity I go by the pronouns she her them they and I found this to be highly upsetting by the one member because people like me do exist and I feel like honestly having gender restrictive boards creates weird tension for ppl like me commenting

On 6/8/2018 at 2:45 PM, AshAsh1 said:

Well did you report this person--bayougirl? Because it sounds like *she* is the problem.

Omg.,,, you do realize that post was made in 2016. Stop being so overly sensitive. If you don’t want to know what the guys are posting, don’t go in there. I started coming here in 2009 wayyyy before there was a guys/girls separated places. We all got along and I excepted all advise whether it was from a girl or a guy.

no wonder I stopped coming here. I only came to find an old post and I see the a crap. Gezzz people

On 6/8/2018 at 2:45 PM, AshAsh1 said:

Well did you report this person--bayougirl? Because it sounds like *she* is the problem.

Ash.... Alex and I go wayyyyy back. I’ll tell him hello for you

What a bunch of hypocrites. Taking advice from a person whether they are male or female shouldn’t matter. If it’s good advice it’s just that..., good advice.

On 6/8/2018 at 2:17 PM, AshAsh1 said:

Ultimately, there is nothing I'd post on this forum that I'd neither want, man or woman to see. It is the internet, after all.

That being said, to which I agree, there are parts of this forum that probably should not be accessible to non-registered, non-email verified users. I frequent a few other forums (cars, motorcycles, guns) and each of them has areas within the forum that are not accessible unless you join and get verified.

3 minutes ago, macadamia said:

That being said, to which I agree, there are parts of this forum that probably should not be accessible to non-registered, non-email verified users. I frequent a few other forums (cars, motorcycles, guns) and each of them has areas within the forum that are not accessible unless you join and get verified.

I agree with you. I wish that it wasn't public, and I think it sucks that anyone can troll this site. But knowing that it is public... I treat it as such.

16 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

I agree with you. I wish that it wasn't public, and I think it sucks that anyone can troll this site. But knowing that it is public... I treat it as such.

Trolls can be ignored - they suck, but words are just words... We alone are responsible for making them mean something.

I hate the bots. There is software that will automatically scan the entire forum and search for personal information, such as email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, etc. If the site is "registration only" then the bots cannot get in.

17 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

@macadamia Love your Thoreau quote! So true!

Thank you! I used to be a professional photographer working in Chicago. I first read the quote when I was doing that, and it just stuck. My motto for being a photographer is that I want to show the world what I see through my eyes, using my camera. The quote struck a chord with me. Taking photos is awesome! A real passion for me... but doing it for money sucks. I did it professionally for three years. Now, I just take photos for me... I'm much happier.

10 minutes ago, macadamia said:

If the site is "registration only" then the bots cannot get in.

That will never happen here. This site exist to sell products and for ads to get impressions and clicks. If random internet strangers cannot see a page or thread, that is a missed opportunity for revenue. All of the duplicate threads repeating the same thing, over and over and over ad nauseam help boost this sites organic search results.

That is why the male/female sections cannot be cordoned off, that would prevent unregistered people from seeing content that has ads attached to it. It's not personal, it's just business.

Edited by BigViffer
grammar correction

Some of the best advice I have received was from @ Rainbow Warrior, I certainly did not reject the advice because it came from a man. I figure good advice is good advice, no matter what gender is passing it out.😛