Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, Lock down the guys/gals rooms by gender!!

1 minute ago, Syntax_Attack said:

I could also look up otherkin, or headmates, or a ton of other things people claim to be.

As long as they're buying Bariatric Products at this site....I have a feeling these folks will be treated with respect and consideration. Which is as it should be. And is a good business practice.

I love it, gender Fluid is my favorite flavor of this. I identify as a man today and a woman tomorrow, and a demiboy an hour later, and then no gender 3 minutes later but only for 37 seconds!! Fantastic!!

Lol that's not what that means at all. You are really foolish. You are making yourself look stupid.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

1 minute ago, StrawberryLaray said:

Lol that's not what that means at all. You are really foolish. You are making yourself look stupid.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

https://www.cnn.com/2016/04/13/living/gender-fluid-feat/index.html

"For some people, gender is not just about being male or female; in fact, how one identifies can change every day or even every few hours."

LAST THING, I promise. Because I'm seriously disturbed by some of the blatant disrespect for gender identity in this post. And if there was an angry emoticon, @Syntax_Attack "reputation" would decline in a hurry. Your comments are closed minded and an embarrassment to the community.

If the ladies chose to only post in the gal's only rooms, the men wouldn't have anything to talk about or anyone to talk to. Be careful what you wish for.

Edited by AshAsh1

11 hours ago, Syntax_Attack said:

I could also look up otherkin, or headmates, or a ton of other things people claim to be.

11 hours ago, Syntax_Attack said:

I love it, gender Fluid is my favorite flavor of this. I identify as a man today and a woman tomorrow, and a demiboy an hour later, and then no gender 3 minutes later but only for 37 seconds!! Fantastic!!

Actually, @Alex Brecher please grant Syntax_Attack his wish and restrict women from entering the male only room's. He needs a restrictive audience with his closed minded and blatantly discriminatory comments. It's in this communities best interest to limit who can see his posts. Maybe he'd argue to open a bigotry room as well and he can be the only one allowed in.

Another vote for male only. I would definitely see this change as an improvement to the idea of sharing information that needs to be confidential. Force the user profile gender answer and don’t let it be flipped between genders easily. I read a female only topic by mistake (from the new app feed version) and, well I don’t need that image in my head.

Only from curiosity did I take a brief look at the "guys room" and most of the topics at first glance seem fairly generic.

We are all adults on here but if something is too private or personal for you to post about on a PUBLIC forum then my suggestion is to not post it and seek the information you want elsewhere.

As a nurse practitioner, even though I only treat kids up to about 21 years old there is not a question I have not been asked by members of both sexes (and their parents, grandparents, etc.) and I always do my best to give information openly and supportively.

Edited by MIZ60

2 hours ago, AshAsh1 said:

Actually, @Alex Brecher please grant Syntax_Attack his wish and restrict women from entering the male only room's. He needs a restrictive audience with his closed minded and blatantly discriminatory comments. It's in this communities best interest to limit who can see his posts. Maybe he'd argue to open a bigotry room as well and he can be the only one allowed in.

Not buying into nonsense isn't bigotry, it is just accepting reality. With the exception of those incredibly rare individuals who are born with a genetic intersex condition everyone is either male or female. You can't change your gender any more than you can change your age, race, or species. If this offends some people so be it but it is not bigotry to refuse to play along with someone's delusions.

I have another perspective. My wife and I are going through this journey together and we both have read the other gender forums to get a feel for what support we each might need. That info is really valuable.

Maybe just now allowing one to post in the opposite genders room.

I do understand and respect the other perspective of course.

1 hour ago, Syntax_Attack said:

Not buying into nonsense isn't bigotry, it is just accepting reality. With the exception of those incredibly rare individuals who are born with a genetic intersex condition everyone is either male or female. You can't change your gender any more than you can change your age, race, or species. If this offends some people so be it but it is not bigotry to refuse to play along with someone's delusions.

You do not know what you are talking about.

Gender and biological sex are two different things.

To call people delusional based on how they identify is one of the highest forms of delusion.

You don't need the guys room locked down - you need your own room to go sit and think quietly and perhaps consider the value of educating yourself beyond your narrow view of the world.

27 minutes ago, Kat410 said:

You do not know what you are talking about.

Gender and biological sex are two different things.

To call people delusional based on how they identify is one of the highest forms of delusion.

You don't need the guys room locked down - you need your own room to go sit and think quietly and perhaps consider the value of educating yourself beyond your narrow view of the world.

noun
noun: gender; plural noun: genders
  1. 1.
    the state of being male or female

Not they really aren't. Gender EXPRESSION is different from gender but gender and sex are the same thing. Moreover people identify as things they aren't all the time and we recognize it as delusion. It is not uncommon for people to identify as holy or historical figures (Jesus, Napoleon) People with Coutard's syndrome identify as dead, there are people who are able bodied that identify as disabled and refuse to walk or act blind, to the point they will try to maim themselves to match their perception. Anorexics identify themselves as overweight even when severely underweight. Just because someone identifies themselves as something doesn't mean they are that thing. And given the DEFINITION of delusional someone who thinks they are something they are DEMONSTRABLY not is in fact delusional. Now if someone wants to alter themselves or present a certain way I would say that is their right. But what is not acceptable to me is demanding that others play along or characterizing those who won't as bigots. I am no more a bigot for not believing that then I am for refusing to pretend a human who thinks they are a dog is one.

de·lu·sion·al
dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/
adjective
adjective: delusional
  1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument.

7 hours ago, AshAsh1 said:

please grant Syntax_Attack his wish and restrict women from entering the male only room's. He needs a restrictive audience with his closed minded and blatantly discriminatory comments.

Why do this to other men? They did nothing to deserve being locked in a room with this guy's nonsense.

Edited by Creekimp13

On 06/09/2018 at 18:03, Creekimp13 said:

Why do this to other men? They did nothing to deserve being locked in a room with this guy's nonsense.

True true, but he will be spending all his time in the bigotry room by himself anyway.

For people so open minded you all sure can't handle a difference of opinion. I don't hate anybody including anybody who identifies as transgender. Just because I don't buy into all this gender swapping stuff doesn't mean I am a bigot. Just as if you don't buy into the Otherkin stuff and don't believe that a person who identifies as a wolf is one doesn't make you a bigot. But hell if that is enough for you to label me one, so be it, no sweat off my back.

Dude, you are trying to disprove the validity of people with gender dysphoria...which is a real condition that is fully recognized by the American Psychiatric Association....by saying "it's just like they think they're animals"

Dehumanizing people is a strategy that has been historically employed by proponents of slavery and genocide.

And you seriously wonder why some folks experience your remarks as bigoted?

Free speech does not mean speech free of consequences.

People do form opinions of those who say thoughtless things.

Edited by Creekimp13