Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, BajanSleeve said:

Hi @annie93. I have posted the link from this website of the Protein Powder I use. Its expensive but its 30G of Protein per scoop which saves you money in the long run because you get more Protein so that you don't have to use more scoops as other brands which have less protein per scoop. Plus I do find that it has no flavor and does not change the taste. The only thing I have noticed is that it does not blend as well in hot items. You have to make a paste with it and then add the hot to it. But it works perfectly in cold or room temperature drinks. You have to mix the protein up really well as soon as you add it to your drink because otherwise if you leave it for a bit it will form little protein flecks. I mix my daily drink at the beginning of the day with 2 1/2 scoops of this particular protein powder and that is my entire protein quota for the day right there. perfect! Buy some and give it a try - I am sure you will be pleased

https://store.bariatricpal.com/products/genepro-medical-grade-protein-powder-2nd-generation

GENEPRO does not have 30g of protein per scoop. They were actually sued (and lost) for making this (and other) false claims. I would never be comfortable supporting, or ingesting products from a company that is as blatantly deceitful to claim to have 30g of protein in 15g volume.

@sillykitty can you post links of the suit claim? I have not heard of it. I would like to research it

I found this but it does not specifically cite genpro - maybe the ultimate parent is in here? But apparently a lot of Protein powders are spiked according to this? Geez

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexmorrell/2015/03/12/lawsuits-say-protein-powders-lack-protein-ripping-off-athletes/#396667577729

6 minutes ago, BajanSleeve said:

@sillykitty can you post links of the suit claim? I have not heard of it. I would like to research it

Here are the details of the lawsuit, it was just finalized December of last year

https://www.leagle.com/decision/infdco20171213e89

Some key points of the lawsuit:

• SI03, Inc the makers of Syntrax sued MuscleGen the makers of GENEPRO over the claims that
    • "MuscleGen markets its GENEPRO product by falsely claiming it contains 30 grams of Protein in a roughly 11.15 gram (1 tablespoon) serving when GenePro has 10 or fewer grams of protein per 11.15 gram (1 tablespoon) serving"
    • "GenePro's marketing and packaging statement that it contains "medical grade" protein is incorrect, false, and misleading, as no industry or FDA standard for "medical grade" protein exists."
  • Genepro did not even bother to respond to this lawsuit or show up in court, a default judgement was entered in favor the makers of Syntrax, against Genepro

Gosh, I never even knew about this Protein spiking thing. I found this but it does not list genpro? I did see a 2016 suit citing Genpro however that was 2016. Its now 2018 and I am assuming that they would not continue to make the claim and be ALLOWED to do so if they were not supplying what they purport AFTER a suit

https://proteinfactory.com/protein-spiking-list/

It makes why question why Bariatric Pal would offer these powders for sale if they are questionable? hummmmmmm

1 minute ago, BajanSleeve said:

I am assuming that they would not continue to make the claim and be ALLOWED to do so if they were not supplying what they purport AFTER a suit

Because the US government doesn't regulate supplements. There is no one to disallow them from making false claims. The lawsuit was a civil suit, again, the US government is not involved in enforcing civil judgement.

37 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Because the US government doesn't regulate supplements. There is no one to disallow them from making false claims. The lawsuit was a civil suit, again, the US government is not involved in enforcing civil judgement.

After having been sued, I am sure some watchful north Americans will stay on their tail. That is my hope

The only Protein Shake I can even stand a little is the Atkins vanilla. It’s not gritty at all, which is a very good thing.

My doctor told me to stay away from the Adkins shakes. Said to do Premier Protein ,or injury. I haven’t noticed any after taste I think they are really good . Yes a little sweet

You can also use gen pro powder an add it to yogurt or just about anything to get your Protein. I get it at GNC.mine always says 25 grams . I haven’t heard of the lawsuit before. But I’ve bought it for over a year and my packaging has always claimed 25 grams. Maybe they changed it after the law suit? 

I hear u. Ewwwwwwwwww.

32 minutes ago, stella3108 said:

My doctor told me to stay away from the Adkins shakes. Said to do Premier Protein ,or injury. I haven’t noticed any after taste I think they are really good . Yes a little sweet

That figures. They say to stay away from the only one I can tolerate. LOL