Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I know most people reading this will either be pre-surgery or just after post-surgery and probably can't fathom my current dilemma but I am 11 and a half months out and have literally lost half my weight from 243 to 125.

I am 5'6". I went from almost busting out of my size 16 jeans to an unbelievable size 00 and XS shirt.

I I'm not trying to sound like I'm complaining because the benefits have been substantial , though the first two and a half months I question all of my life decisions. But I have not had an appetite ever since the surgery and I have trouble remembering to feed myself -even when I set alarms three times a day. I'm getting thin to the point where I can see my ribs on the top of my chest and through my back and am starting to feel like a skeleton.

Maybe it's just that I'm not used to being thin and once I get muscle tone I'll look normal but having a thigh gap and deflated breasts and seeming so bony makes me worried that I'm borderline anorexic.

I know the first thing people will ask will be have I talked to my doctor - the issue there is that April 22nd I moved from Maryland for a new job in North Carolina and my health care in North Carolina only started this week and so I am in the process to find all new doctors and don't have my ID number to make appointments yet.

Thoughts? Ideas? I'm laying here just trying to suck down Premier Protein because I don't have energy from being dehydrated and not taking in enough calories

myfitnesspal-1528106322556.png

20180604_055641.jpg

20180529_234000.jpg

20180602_110233.jpg

for reference my BMI is 20.4 according to my scale

Screenshot_20180605-214331.jpg

W O W ! That is,SO good- don't know if I could lose down to there but W O W, maybe I could!

OmG......finally have met someone with the same issue as myself. I also feel like I am maybe losing to much as well. My ribs are showing a lot. I started at 200.5 and I am now down to 113. I just had my yearly checkup and they don't seem concern due to my height of 5'2". My goal was 120. Not trying to lose anymore but it keeps coming off. The dr. Told me to eat more smaller frequent meals. I am trying just not hungry. I don't see him for another year hopefully I won't blow away in the wind in the meantime.....lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

From what you’ve said, you aren’t eating enough of the good foods or drinking Water if your dehydrated. Is the a number you can call for advice? If not, keep up your liquids and Protein til you can speak with your doctor.

2 hours ago, Monkeyfulbrighter said:

because I don't have energy from being dehydrated

If you Always have a bottle of water(or reusable bottle) with you can cut out the dehydration and that will go a long to making you feel better.

A small percentage of GS patients never get the hunger feeling back and you have to develop the habit of scheduled meals. You just have to learn to do this no if ands or buts about it.

increase the amount of fat you eat in each meal until your weight is stable

and lastly your weight is not low it is normal. it is really hard to get use to a normal weight after being over weight.

Try to find some higher calorie content Proteins or start supplementing with a mass gainer if you feel you are "too thin". But understand, if you've never been that thin, that the fear you've gone too far is more than likely just you not being used to not being overweight.

Can you see your bones and ribs. Sure. Is 125 lbs light, maybe in the scope of what you were used to. But you are by no means underweight, in fact you are right in the "normal" range for BMI for your height.
Work on tone and muscle mass, but, you look great. Don't stress about the bones... it's normal!

Your body composition actually looks fine.

But I would just set more alarms to eat more meals throughout henday if you can and drink more Water if you aren’t getting enough calories and are dehydrated

Totally understand your concern. At 11 months post op, you are still in that honeymoon phase where the weight loss is easiest. Soon will come the rebound gain and that is where you will usually find the maintenance weight. For me, I dipped below 200 and rebounded about 10-15 lbs. Then with the weight training I fluctuate between 220-230. If I stop lifting that weight starts coming down pretty easy.

It appears as though you are tracking your body stats, which is great. Keep on top of the hydration and try to eat enough to fuel your body. Keep your surgeon in the loop and see where you are 18 month post op.

It must be quite a change for you, I would feel the same way. You look like a normal weight to me. Just try to meet your macros and maybe add some good fats. Good luck.

I think you look just fine. I weighed right about that much when I was 26 and felt healthy--I was a critical care nurse working 12 hour shifts and never had weight worries. . However, if you are feeling weak and dehydrated drinking Water throughout the day is a pretty easy fix.

13 hours ago, millerla4 said:

OmG......finally have met someone with the same issue as myself. I also feel like I am maybe losing to much as well. My ribs are showing a lot. I started at 200.5 and I am now down to 113. I just had my yearly checkup and they don't seem concern due to my height of 5'2". My goal was 120. Not trying to lose anymore but it keeps coming off. The dr. Told me to eat more smaller frequent meals. I am trying just not hungry. I don't see him for another year hopefully I won't blow away in the wind in the meantime.....lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

My goal was 150, I liked the way i looked at 140, I feel like skin and bones at 125. Maybe the loose skin and loss of my breasts and butt are part of it, I've also been having alot of emotional issues with moving by myself to a new city right after beginning a promising relationship and having anxiety/ depression from that so lately I've just been sleeping and not taking proper care. I'm trying to fix that, but it's an uphill battle. I'm seeing a 'personal assistance counselor at my new job today, hopefully that will help point me in the direction of getting the doctors I need.