Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery is done (7/30) was released earlier today. Will say that morphine pump was amazing, except that I got a little itchy from it. I sit here writing this waking up from a few hours sleep. The pain is real, but I think its just gas. I didnt have much in my shoulder but I can feel it from time to time. Have my plasmaflow boots on right now for circulation of the calves probably going to do laps in my kitchen until my family members come over and flip the switch on my treadmill, cant reach it and certainly not with the gas bubble in my side or my drain. I actually have a drain and its right in between the "girls". Really want this to come out but it will come out in a week. Pain Meds: Acetaminop-Codiene (liquid 15ML) I have an RX for muscle relaxers too which Ill end up filling soon enough. Sipping on my Water while taking my meds. In a little bit im going to water down a Protein supplement and sip on that too. I cant wait to get past the gas phase and just general pain. How fast was your pain gone everyone? about a week? couple of days? Throat is a bit sore too from the anesthesia and oxygen tube. ACK

Edited by GeminiSky

Congratulations on surgery. I still have some gas pains but walking helps with it and gas x.

Pain from gas should be gone by day 4/5 - hang in there!

13 hours ago, doingitforme18 said:

Hi everyone!! I'm one week out and doing great!! I can't believe the difference these past few days. It feels like all of a sudden my stomach started to work again and now I can drink much more than I was a few days ago!! I started on pureed today, which for me is cottage cheese consistency. I'm retraining myself that I need food to live, not live for food :)

How is everyone else doing??

Im one week out today! Still on liquids until next week (every surgeon seems to be so different). I am so ready to chew something! I agree the difference of a few days is HUGE. Im back at work and doing good. Now to figure an exercise plan! ;)

7 hours ago, GeminiSky said:

Surgery is done (7/30) was released earlier today. Will say that morphine pump was amazing, except that I got a little itchy from it. I sit here writing this waking up from a few hours sleep. The pain is real, but I think its just gas. I didnt have much in my shoulder but I can feel it from time to time. Have my plasmaflow boots on right now for circulation of the calves probably going to do laps in my kitchen until my family members come over and flip the switch on my treadmill, cant reach it and certainly not with the gas bubble in my side or my drain. I actually have a drain and its right in between the "girls". Really want this to come out but it will come out in a week. Pain Meds: Acetaminop-Codiene (liquid 15ML) I have an RX for muscle relaxers too which Ill end up filling soon enough. Sipping on my Water while taking my meds. In a little bit im going to Water down a Protein supplement and sip on that too. I cant wait to get past the gas phase and just general pain. How fast was your pain gone everyone? about a week? couple of days? Throat is a bit sore too from the anesthesia and oxygen tube. ACK

hang in there. Its gets better each day. Gas X was my friend and walking helped ALOT. I did not have any pain or nausea meds after day 2. good luck to you in the coming days!

Had mine July 16 on phase 3 of diet, just had follow up appt and all is going well..... I wish the same for everyone else :)

Im one week post op. I get my staples out tomorrow!! super excited to weigh and see what it says also! I have been refraining from weighing at home.

Day 3 tomorrow im really excited to move past this pain, gas, bloaty bloat bloat puffer fish syndrome. I have some swelling around the main incision where he did all his work but apparently thats normal. He came in and met with me before the discharge looked at it and felt around it. All my incisions are glued so that was nice. I went home and took my first shower, not a full on shower, but enough to get clean and I had to be careful around the drain that I have still.

However its day 2 and I got in two toddler size spoonfulls of small curd cottage cheese omg it was super tasty.

Hi Gemini Sky. How is it on day 3 you are already able to eat food? I am in my 2nd week post op and I am on liquids for 3 weeks. I can't even take my meds without crushing them per my Surgeon's instructions. Did it hurt or cause you any problems? Just curious.

On 08/01/2018 at 17:56, Cat B said:

Hi Gemini Sky. How is it on day 3 you are already able to eat food? I am in my 2nd week post op and I am on liquids for 3 weeks. I can't even take my meds without crushing them per my Surgeon's instructions. Did it hurt or cause you any problems? Just curious.

Cat B... I feel sorry for you 😊 if I had to go 5 weeks total on liquids... I would be hangry... on post op day 2 I had yogurt since my stomach didn’t tolerate hot or cold fluids.. I’m 2 weeks post op tomorrow and have had yogurt and cottage cheese... which has been a god send... and I liquified instant tomatoes and spoon drank them.... best wishes to you!!!

Had my GB on July 17th, how are you doing?

I had my surgery on July 12th. I am down 50 pounds for a total of 87 pounds. I feel so much better but I can’t get used to how I look when I see myself in the mirror. I was so used to a round face that my thinner face throws me off. I’m not sure I like it yet. 😕

Bellasoo, I don't see my progress. I'm down almost 50 lbs and I still see the old me, before surgery. Yeah I can wear different clothes, but it doesn't quite sink in. My friends think they have to put me in therapy lol.

Mine are the same! Lol

I had my surgery on July 12th and down 70 pounds from surgery date and 92 from highest weight pre-op. I have run into people in the street that have not seen me in some time and are quite surprised about the weight loss. I am down 4 pant sizes. I am feeling better and more confident about myself. However, I am not sure my own transformation is sinking in yet when I look in the mirror either. I have lost weight faster than I expected and can't imagine how far this journey will transform me into the new me at my one year anniversary.