Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

49 minutes ago, doingitforme18 said:

I could easily drink 100 oz prior to surgery..with the sleeve, I'm lucky to get in 20 oz...

Wow! I guess that just reinforces everybody is different. I drink my 64 oz of Water along with coffee and my Protein. I know my nutritionist told me before I left the hospital that when you drink broth, tea, coffee, or shake you can subtract it from your H2O amount. Guess different programs use their own menthods. Good Luck to you, I know you will do well.

My left shoulder and one incision is painful, what can I do?

Some source of heat to relax, whether it be hot water bottle, heating pad or in the case of your shoulder direct sunlight. For your sore tummy, even a warm compress, take a towel, wring it out after putting it in hottish Water, and put it on there. See if any of those things help!

On 07/27/2018 at 18:53, Kcchick said:

That stinks! I have had a very smooth recovery. I didn’t need any pain medication at all. I have no nausea. Only issue I have is I am going on my 8th day with no #2. Started Miralax today. Hope it gets better for you
I had #2 issues also. Two doses of miralax and two spoonfuls of milk of magnesia before something moved. I have been old by my doctor to start a daily stool softener until I reach soft foods. Hope something moves for you soon.

On 07/27/2018 at 18:56, Juairy said:

Is anyone having back pain post op? I’m not sure if it’s because of the bed or gas ? But it’s hard to get rid off
I have had some back pain, especially when standing for long periods. I would think it’s probably gas related too.

Surgery was Wednesday 25 I am 4 day post op. I still feel like some took my inside and just twisted all over the place and I am still swollen. Hurt to take in a deep breath. Forget about bending a few of the incision still painful. Today I putting my alarm on my phone and getting up and walking around the house and they doing my breathing. Hard getting in all my fluids in I am so full. I did have a Protein Shake and now trying to have 4 oz. of Soup. The good thing is no nausea or heartburn and only taking pain meds to sleep. If any one can give me any advice please do tell, would like to feel better soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 07/29/2018 at 12:51, newmeinfla said:

Surgery was Wednesday 25 I am 4 day post op. I still feel like some took my inside and just twisted all over the place and I am still swollen. Hurt to take in a deep breath. Forget about bending a few of the incision still painful. Today I putting my alarm on my phone and getting up and walking around the house and they doing my breathing. Hard getting in all my fluids in I am so full. I did have a Protein Shake and now trying to have 4 oz. of Soup. The good thing is no nausea or heartburn and only taking pain meds to sleep. If any one can give me any advice please do tell, would like to feel better soon.

Walk walk walk it helps so much. My surgery was the same day- my doc plan doesn’t allow me to have Protein until tomorrow. I have no energy but walking helps so much. I try to get up every hour and walk through the house (even small house work like putting away clothes or standing and folding towels etc) and sometimes walk outside for a few minutes.

I’m looking forward to the protein tomorrow as I am going back to work!

Good Morning
Im having my surgery on July 19,2018. Just wondering if any one else is having their surgery in July? Just want someone to talk to about the stress of surgery and excitement
Just had my surgery on July 16th. The pain was minimal, home the next day. The pre-op diet was hard, but gets you ready for life after the surgery. Be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Sent from my XT1585 using BariatricPal mobile app

That stinks! I have had a very smooth recovery. I didn’t need any pain medication at all. I have no nausea. Only issue I have is I am going on my 8th day with no #2. Started Miralax today. Hope it gets better for you
Same here...I was so worried about gas pain. Never felt it once. My surgery was the 17th. Everything was great until about 3 days ago I started to feel constipated. It's been 3 days of mirlax. My doctor told me to take it 3 times a day. I am just now getting some relief. It has been a horrible 3 days. DONT let yourself get constipated!

21 hours ago, GeminiSky said:

1 day left! Are you packing tomorrow? I am! Uh! So nervous

I am all ready. In about an hour I will shower with the chlorhexidine and get a few hours of sleep before its 5:00 and time to go. I'm a little awed, I'm like, I can't believe it's actually tomorrow!

Well, I will get back to y'all soon, once I cross over to the loosers bench.

3 minutes ago, Luzbella said:

I am all ready. In about an hour I will shower with the chlorhexidine and get a few hours of sleep before its 5:00 and time to go. I'm a little awed, I'm like, I can't believe it's actually tomorrow!

Sending you good thoughts and prayers.

5 minutes ago, BeeCat said:

Sending you good thoughts and prayers.

Thank you so much!

On 07/29/2018 at 20:01, Luzbella said:

Best wishes tomorrow and hopeful for good outcomes... you will do fine.. it will be challenging at the beginning and some pain... I didn’t expect the amount of pain since I had my gall bladder removed... but the doctor 👨‍⚕️ explained it more to me maybe because I’m a nurse 👩🏼‍⚕️!!! He said your stomach mad at me and your diaphragm is mad at me since they have to manipulate that as well and he also said he has to glue the mesentery back which have a lot of pain receptors... I’m telling you all of this to give you information not scare you.. I had a pain pump and I was so grateful for that...

You will do fine.. try to get some rest!!!

On 07/29/2018 at 20:57, lizvirgo09 said:

Best wishes tomorrow and hopeful for good outcomes... you will do fine.. it will be challenging at the beginning and some pain... I didn’t expect the amount of pain since I had my gall bladder removed... but the doctor 👨‍⚕️ explained it more to me maybe because I’m a nurse 👩🏼‍⚕️!!! He said your stomach mad at me and your diaphragm is mad at me since they have to manipulate that as well and he also said he has to glue the mesentery back which have a lot of pain receptors... I’m telling you all of this to give you information not scare you.. I had a pain pump and I was so grateful for that...

Thank you! No not scared of pain. I’ve had a hysterectomy and know pain. It’s part of the road we chose to walk, so if its bad I will deal with it knowing that its just my body healing. If its not bad, well great. Again, thanks.

8 hours ago, lizvirgo09 said:

Good luck