Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got the call from the hospital, surgery is 7am tomorrow morning

Awesome good luck

Yay! Congrats, wishing you a speeding recovery.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey all. I am now 4 days post op. It has been an adventure, but thought I would share. My surgery was scheduled for 9:15 am Thurs morning, I was wheeled back around 9:30 so not to bad. Surgery took about 2hours (RNY) they also did a liver biopsy, and egd, and found and repaired a hiatal hernia. I woke up in A LOT of pain. They tried to get me up and walking when I got to my room but I was shaky, dizzy, light headed and super nacseous (Know that's spelled wrong). That first night was very very rough but they left a catheter in so I didn't have to get up till morning. My pain meds were not lasting I could get something every four hours but my pain surged back to full after 2hours. I must have felt bad because it seems like I told everyone I wanted to die. [emoji45].

This is not to scare anyone I swear stick with me because my 9 the next morning less than 24 hours after my surgery it was already SO MUCH BETTER. In the morning I grabbed a resident and told him to address my pain what they had me on was not working. He listened and they staggered my pain meds between two kinds. My mom (who is 5weeks post-op) pushed and got that catheter out to make me get up, and got me on Water. Then my mom set me in a chair in the bathroom in my room and washed my arms and back legs and face...she basically reminded me I was human and to stop saying I wanted to die! I did my first full lap around the bariatric floor and didn't feel like dieing. I was officially on the mend.

It is going g to be rough, gas pain is no joke, I think the majority of my pain was gas and hiatal hernia. But you will get through it, tell them what you need, and have support there for you that know what you need, will fight for you, remind you you are worth fighting for, and who will sit and hold your hand when nothing else helps.
Thank you for sharing!

8 hours ago, Laura7 said:
10 hours ago, MN_Meg770 said:

I am on the 23rd too! I am having the RNY - in Minnesota.

We can finally say we are having surgery “next week”!

That’s true! I’m very nervous.

I know I made it sound bad but honestly only 4days post op I feel amazing, literally every hour you feel better it is about getting through that first hump of pain then every day you are better by leaps and bounds I went from literally wanting to die to less than 48 hours later off IV pain meds, walking laps like crazy ready to go home. The body is an amazing thing. I am shocked by how good I feel. All those with dates coming you are gonna do great it might be rough but it gets better so fast. [emoji173]️[emoji173]️. And@frust8 good luck thanks for the good vibes anxious to here of your date!

Tomorrow is my nutrition class, and pre-op appointment. One week until surgery. This is getting real. Thank you all for your comments. Real life experience means more to me then text books information.

July 23rd is surgery!!! Band to Sleeve and so ready! 4 years banded lost 85 lbs but band has slipped and caused esophagus to collapse and have a hernia.. haven't been able to eat or drink much at all...

On 7/6/2018 at 12:32 AM, emkaybee21 said:

Mine is July 23rd!

me too!!! So ready!!!!

I got my call this afternoon to be at the hospital at 8:45!!!! Omg this is real!! It better be real cause I’m soooooo hungry right now!!! Nothing but Water, lime Jello and broth today.

On 6/5/2018 at 10:18 AM, coco38 said:

Good Morning

Im having my surgery on July 19,2018. Just wondering if any one else is having their surgery in July? Just want someone to talk to about the stress of surgery and excitement

Hi! Having my surgery tomorrow. Arrival time 8am. I am excited, nervous, and anxious. Good luck to you on the 19th!

Just now, RobbieBG said:

Hi! Having my surgery tomorrow. Arrival time 8am. I am excited, nervous, and anxious. Good luck to you on the 19th!

Good luck to you. Deep breathe. Relax. You’ve worked so hard to get this far. This is a beautiful new beginning. Best wishes. Keep us posted

I'm having my surgery VSG July 26!!

17 hours ago, Ømatt said:

Good for you! Best wishes for a quick and easy recovery!