Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We are going to Sparkle
We are going to Shine
We're a bunch of July Firecrackers🚀
And Baby, that's Just Fine!😝👍😝

On 06/22/2018 at 09:38, Kat0000 said:

mckenzie....

We all freak a little. I try not to think about what they will be doing during surgery. I have faith in my surgeon. And I know he will help me and take care of me no matter what happens later. Most do not have problems. If i made it through a open hysterectomy which i had cut opened then this is doable for sure. We are all in this together.

Thank you. I completely trust my surgeon as well I just think my anxiety level went up when I was on my OR rotation for school and got to actually watch a surgeon do this procedure. Nothing bad happened but observing that freaked me out a bit.

And to only amplify what Kat000 just said, I had an open gallbladder/appendectomy,with a right paramedian incision, acute idiopathic pancreatitis, I've lived 72 years , had a son 31 and a husband die within 3 and a half years. I am in going in with a smile. on my face, peace in my m8nd and joy in my ❤. No Matter What comes I Can Handle It! I am Steadfast,and I am Strong.🚩😝🚩

20 minutes ago, mckenzie said:
24 minutes ago, Kat0000 said:

mckenzie....

We all freak a little. I try not to think about what they will be doing during surgery. I have faith in my surgeon. And I know he will help me and take care of me no matter what happens later. Most do not have problems. If i made it through a open hysterectomy which i had cut opened then this is doable for sure. We are all in this together.

Thank you. I completely trust my surgeon as well I just think my anxiety level went up when I was on my OR rotation for school and got to actually watch a surgeon do this procedure. Nothing bad happened but observing that freaked me out a bit.

Its like when they tell pregnant people not to watch videos of other women in labor. No need to promote the anxiety about the portion of your journey that you can't control. Focus on the outcome, and what you can do to prepare for the lifestyle change. This is a big deal, but it is going to be worth it. YOU deserve to be the best version of yourself and that's all we need to focus on. You will be glad you did. :)

I'm officially improved through insurance! My date is July 25th, pre-admission July 19th!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

July 10

On 06/22/2018 at 10:06, Lioness815 said:

Its like when they tell pregnant people not to watch videos of other women in labor. No need to promote the anxiety about the portion of your journey that you can't control. Focus on the outcome, and what you can do to prepare for the lifestyle change. This is a big deal, but it is going to be worth it. YOU deserve to be the best version of yourself and that's all we need to focus on. You will be glad you did. :)

Lol I had to watch because I’m a nursing student and it’s a required clinical. 😂 or else I wouldn’t have been watching!

On 06/12/2018 at 21:20, lamoore1216 said:

July 10 AZ

Sent from my LG-M153 using BariatricPal mobile app

Me too

My surgery is scheduled for July 2 so I’m 10 days out! Everyone keeps asking how I’m feeling about it and if I’m nervous but honestly the only thing I’m thinking is FINALLY! I’ve been preparing for this since November and I’m so ready! I’m on the pre-op diet but it’s not much different than my diet has been the last few months.

July 2nd in Iowa! I'm excited but nervous, this is my first surgery.

Ready to Celebrate July 4th and my birthday July 7th with Protein Shakes, Water, and Popsicles! Lol

Edited by Shells83

I am new here. I am having my sleeve done July 12, 2018. It’s taken me a over a year to get here. I am so excited...yet nervous!

@JulesUp Welcome and best of luck on your surgery. I've been here only a short period of time but have learned tons and have found a wonderful community of extremely helpful people. By the way my tentative date is the 12th pending approval from insurance.