Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having surgery 6/28 and need advice on choosing a shake for my preop diet. Any advice would be great. Since my doctor told me I can only have the shakes for 14 days I would like them to taste less chalky.

I really liked the Protein fruit juice and Soup options available through the BariatricPal Store. I had a very hard time getting Protein Shakes down and found these alternatives to be much better. I particularly liked the creamed chicken and cream or mushroom Soups and the orange, pineapple and grapefruit juices.

Thank you for the helpful advice I appreciate it!

I used the Optifast brand for the Soups, a bit bland but ok. I substituted the shakes for ‘get up and go’. My nutritionist suggested it as a back up to the shakes

4 hours ago, heatherjudson said:

I really liked the Protein fruit juice and Soup options available through the BariatricPal Store. I had a very hard time getting Protein Shakes down and found these alternatives to be much better. I particularly liked the creamed chicken and cream or mushroom Soups and the orange, pineapple and grapefruit juices.

Thanks for the recommendation... I'm post-op and having issues with getting enough Protein. I just bought the protein fruit drink packets! That sounds like something I would definitely enjoy and I appreciate you letting us know about them :)

Muscle Milk Light has some really tasty flavors, so does Isopure (the powders). I'd suggest getting a few samples from a local supplement store to try. This way you can find a brand and flavors that work for you.

I have been drinking the Premier Protein drinks. You can get them at Wal-Mart or Sam's Club. They have a variety of flavors, all of which are yummy. They are also pre-made, which is really convenient.

I vote for the newer flavor from Premier Protein, peaches and cream. I think it's wonderful.😛

Also recommending Premier Protein, it is my go-to pre-made Protein Drink

But if your looking for something smoother try Rockin Protein they have different varieties so check the stats to make sure you have one that fits in your docs recommendations. It is milk based so it has to be kept refrigerated but it has none of that strange smell or aftertaste or weird mouth feel after you drink it that you can get from other Protein Drinks. It tastes exactly like chocolate or strawberry milk and is thinner then some so it honestly goes down really smooth.

My mom has a hard time with protein drinks but she LOVES these.

And I see in our area both Speedway and Kroger handle them, how do they compare with the other Protein drinks cost-wise? As an example Premier Protein is usually $7.27 at Wal-Mart.🌸🌺🌱🌺🌸😛

I haven't tried the Premier Protein yet but did stock up since everyone highly recommends them. I found them at costco for $24.99 for 18 pre-made 11 oz. shakes. I got 3 packs (chocolate, vanilla and caramel).

I'll tell you a dirty little not-so-secret, the caramel makes a Wonderful coffee creamer. Yes the best thing is to go completely off coffee and it's evil consistency caffeine, but just saying in case you haven't.....You can rationalize you are getting in 30 mg of Protein anyway!☕

I'm 2 weeks coffee/caffeine FREE and it feels amazing! Great tip though on the creamer/protein as I'm sure one day postop I'll add coffee back in.

If you have a Sams Club, the have 12 packs of Premier Protein shakes for $16.66. They have about 7 flavors too.

And I see in our area both Speedway and Kroger handle them, how do they compare with the other Protein drinks cost-wise? As an example Premier Protein is usually $7.27 at Wal-Mart.[emoji254][emoji259][emoji271][emoji259][emoji254][emoji14]
Soo Rockin Protein we have found it sometimes at Sam's Club in cases of like 12 I think but at Kroger it is sold individually around the milk and dairy not other sports and protein drinks because it contains milk it was $2.30 ish a bottle but we got it last time on sale 2 or $3

It seems to be more palatable to my mom less of the weird protein mouth coating you can get and it is still tasty and easy to digest post op.