Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all!

I had a gastric bypass on march 6th 2018 and I've dropped probably close to 50lbs. i was at 240 and now down to 192. my goal weight is 180ish and i have like a lot of other loose skin. nothing too bad but I'm 33 years old and wondering what can i do to tighten it up, is there any tips or tricks that anyone can suggest?

thank you in advance.

Some of the skin will tighten up on its own with time. Otherwise, toning the muscle underneath will help.

Some skin gets so stretched out the only way to fix it is with surgery. Otherwise, exercise should help with the less severely stretched skin.

It can take over 2 years for the skin to rebound to it's max. Oils and things of that nature *might* help, but generally they only help if you were putting them on during the stretching phase.

Exercising, compression gear, and time are the only things that'll expose what will and won't need surgical intervention to correct.

Congrats on being so close to your goal!

18 hours ago, TheMusicMan said:

Hello all!

I had a gastric bypass on march 6th 2018 and I've dropped probably close to 50lbs. i was at 240 and now down to 192. my goal weight is 180ish and i have like a lot of other loose skin. nothing too bad but I'm 33 years old and wondering what can i do to tighten it up, is there any tips or tricks that anyone can suggest?

thank you in advance.

I use Bio Oil on my face and I love it. There are many vets who can vouch for its effectiveness. You can buy it from Walmart for under $10 for the small bottle. I apply it twice a day.

20 hours ago, AshAsh1 said:

I use Bio Oil on my face and I love it. There are many vets who can vouch for its effectiveness. You can buy it from Walmart for under $10 for the small bottle. I apply it twice a day.

Guys room @AshAsh1.... Guys room LOL ;)

1 hour ago, Matt Z said:

Guys room @AshAsh1.... Guys room LOL ;)

My bad!

16 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

My bad!

Me, too. Sorry, guys

Don't worry ladies, all of the threads in the guys and girls rooms are indexed by search engines. Anyone on the internet can read these posts. There is no privacy on forums. The guys/gals room moniker really is only for classifying issue types.

Talk to a personal trainer, they may be able to help. Really it just takes time, and genetics and age help with that.